ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon has been killing it in recruiting

I get that point but what is a "smaller school" in your opinion?

Miami of Ohio, Kent, UAB, Troy, UTSA? Those schools never have a chance to win it all, they never have and for the most part never will. So now a kid can start there, get really good and leave, chasing his dream to win it all...just like his HC would leave if he got a better offer.
I'm not advocating the position. You asked why some would think a certain way and I gave you a reason.

The competition is cutthroat among the top 15-20 schools. This is just another facet.

So a kid may go to the highest bidder out of HS. Then if Whoever U offers him more money to jump ship doesn’t that lead to the jumping around.
I think you misread my post. Yes, what you described would lead to the jumping around. BUT if you had some stipulations (you can get paid, but if you transfer you have to sit out or you can only transfer once or whatever OR there's a retention bonus of some sort) then that could potentially stop all of the transferring.

So to me, it's not so much of players getting paid that causes all of the transferring, it's that there are zero consequences if you do decide to transfer often.

Well they are all gonna waste it on stupid stuff. We sure did when we were kids
True. I suppose a hidden benefit to all of this is that on a smaller scale, it helps the local economy. Gets money back in circulation, sales tax gets paid.

Well they are all gonna waste it on stupid stuff. We sure did when we were kids
Believe it or not, i never did waste money when I was a kid. In 1971, when I enlisted in the USAF at age 17 the monthly pay was $ 288.00 and I sent $ 150.00 a month to my mom to make sure she had a place to live and food to eat.
Less than 18 months later I still managed to buy a 1969 Dodge Charger for $1,500.00 cash.
Different era, different economy.

As a side note, as a 6th grader when school got out at 3:30 I would jog 15 blocks downtown and worked at a restaurant washing dishes, peeling potatoes, making hamburger patties, etc and got off at 10:30 every night. Then I zigzagged through the alleys to where ever we were living that month so I didn't get picked up for curfew.
For my 30 hours of work I got a check for $ 12.50. And I always had money.
We weren't all brought up with a mom/dad three squares with a white picket fence.
The next year, at age 12, I started studying horses since I knew that would be a way to eventually make a lot of money. I've never looked back. Money meant freedom.

Last edited:
Careful. I got a week's vacation for saying that word.😞
I thought you got that vay cay for threatening to beat the brakes off some dude in a HyVee parking lot.......

Michael Jackson Watching A Movie And Eating Popcorn GIF

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I think you misread my post. Yes, what you described would lead to the jumping around. BUT if you had some stipulations (you can get paid, but if you transfer you have to sit out or you can only transfer once or whatever OR there's a retention bonus of some sort) then that could potentially stop all of the transferring.

So to me, it's not so much of players getting paid that causes all of the transferring, it's that there are zero consequences if you do decide to transfer often.

I don't think kids getting paid is the issue. Its that kids jump around much more often & there are mega-conferences.

Well, to be fair, you didn't say that in the original post. It is a kind of after the fact idea as the NCAA is allowing anything and everything. All it would take is one player to sue saying he/she was not allowed to make more NIL money because some school offered him/her more money and the NCAA had rules against that. The courts are going to say, yep, everyone is a free agent until we overhaul the system and pay everyone a salary and you all become employees. But for now, the window is wide open to the highest bidder and that doesn't end with their freshman year. Money will always be the driver of the machine. Especially for 18 year old kids.

He's got the green right now. Been dumping stocks left and right.
All the big money guys are dumping stocks bigtime.

Historically when the market is going up, gold goes down, but that is not the case.
Was just moved from a Tier 1 asset to what is called a HQLA, i.e. High Quality Liquid Asset.

Do you ever wonder why the Federal Reserve and all Central Banks around the world have a ledger line on their Balance Sheet called "Gold Revaluation"??

At some point the 401K's are going to be 101K's. For the umpteenth time, the money you have in the bank does not belong to you.

Unfortunately, people are going to have to learn the hard way.

Functional people look dysfuctional to dysfunctional people...

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers

Historically when the market is going up, gold goes down, but that is not the case.
Was just moved from a Tier 1 asset to what is called a HQLA, i.e. High Quality Liquid Asset.

Do you ever wonder why the Federal Reserve and all Central Banks around the world have a ledger line on their Balance Sheet called "Gold Revaluation"??

At some point the 401K's are going to be 101k's.

Treasury bond market is screaming a major bull steepening which means a nasty recession is on our doorstep. Everything bubble is gonna pop.

At some point the 401K's are going to be 101K's. For the umpteenth time, the money you have in the bank does not belong to you.

What about money in the bank under 250k? Is that still yours or can a bank bail -in those funds as well?

Treasury bond market is screaming a major bull steepening which means a nasty recession is on our doorstep. Everything bubble is gonna pop.
I would love to give you a "like" Tampa but that would mean I'm rooting for people to lose money, and that's not what I want to see happen.

When the BRICS + countries meet in September and October, it's gonna be time for a reckoning.

Hell, right now Japan isn't even buying the US debt, only Great Britain is and they are more broke than the USA. The whole financial world is broke.

This country's physical gold and silver is being cleaned out of both the COMEX and the LBMA. The gold gets shipped to the Shanghai Exchange and then trucked to the PBOC. A giant hedge fund in China is buying gold until the last ounce is gone from the major exchanges.

What's gonna happen when China shows their 40,000 tons of gold and Russia's 25,000 tons of gold. Then they tell the USA, show us your 8,000 tons. Gold is going to be revalued to the moon.

Last edited:
What about money in the bank under 250k? Is that still yours or can a bank bail -in those funds as well?
With all due respect, do you have any idea how much money the FDIC has to bail out accounts?
They only have $ 125B in reserves. At <250 K a pop, that gets gobbled up in a day.
In a huge city like Los Angeles there are probably 100,000 people that have over 250K in the bank, that's $25 Billion right there.

Yellen already said they will only bail out the big banks, the rest are gonna be SOL. Banks will just issue people some worthless bank stocks, where you're at the bottom as an unsecured lender.

The ultimate plan is for all regional and small banks to go belly up leaving us citizens with about 6 mega banks. That's been the intent since 1913.

Read the Dodd-Frank Banking Bill of 2010. It can't be any more clear what will happen.

Last edited:
China and other countries are drawing down their US debt. So many major players are doing nothing now but wiping out the physical assets this country still has, albeit, those assets are being reduced every week.

As you know, there is no more petro dollar. Other counries can buy Saudi oil in exchange for things of real value. China has virtually all the rare earth minerals. India is buying huge amounts of physical silver and that makes large US institution like JP Morgan with the biggest silver short in the history of history.

More than likely we are just gonna have a credit crisis and that's gonna be ballgame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT