ADVERTISEMENT

One thing we can all agree on

The players missed tackles and played passive, of course the DC also called a passive defense that he hoped wouldn’t get beat instead of an aggressive D that maybe would have made a play to win the game.

I would rather just remove the whole blackshirt concept and leave it with the teams and era that build the concept and let it die a death.
Yeah, it really should be retired. They are embarrassing to the blackshirt tradition and turning a proud tradition into a laughing stock gimmick.

Reactions: Pixtaker
The players missed tackles and played passive, of course the DC also called a passive defense that he hoped wouldn’t get beat instead of an aggressive D that maybe would have made a play to win the game.

Purdue said they knew exactly what time of defense we would be in on that final play. I guarantee you Iowa would have said the same last year.

Chinander is clueless and out of his league.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I would rather just remove the whole blackshirt concept and leave it with the teams and era that build the concept and let it die a death.
Yep-I said something similar in another thread. We've had so many bad defenses that it's really lost its meaning. It's holding onto something purely for tradition's sake.

Exactly, why not be aggressive. Our coaches are just not that bright. There was 4 min or so left. Roll the dice, if you get beat quickly, you then have plenty of time to put together another drive for the win.

Simply as a reminder...the Blackshirts simply are a designation of our 1st string D

That said, we have had almost a decade of crap on D

Reactions: Sinomatic
The only thing I think we can all agree on is the fact that the downtown bars will be filled with Husker players putting more effort into getting pissed-up then they did on the field today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT