ADVERTISEMENT

One More Year.

HuskerHusaria

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 4, 2017
Elkhorn, NE
After losing to Beavis's worse half on Aug 28; I lost absolutely all hope. Wrote the season off. I was as cold as they come.

But. These last two games have shown something we haven't seen before. The resolve to fight has been tremendous. I honestly think Scott has grown this year in what we've seen.

If in this growth and if Scott has finally started to almost turn a corner... he deserves to keep trying.

After losing to Beavis's worse half on Aug 28; I lost absolutely all hope. Wrote the season off. I was as cold as they come.

But. These last two games have shown something we haven't seen before. The resolve to fight has been tremendous. I honestly think Scott has grown this year in what we've seen.

If in this growth and if Scott has finally started to almost turn a corner... he deserves to keep trying.
He deserves nothing.

Actually, these last two games HAVE shown something we’ve seen before: losses. Special teams breakdowns. Penalties.

Coach Frost needed to show confidence with playcalling and timeouts, late. On him. Defense- awesome. We are a couple o linemen and special teams upgrade from being a serious B1G competitor. Much progress, but so...so sick of finding creative ways to lose.

Our defense has grown. Chins has grown.

Our special teams has somehow regressed. The play calling is no better. Martinez still folds. Fumbles. And throws an interception when he absof*ckinglutely can't throw an interception.

The only positive any sane person could take away from this is the defense. The defense is the ONLY damned reason there is even a hint of improvement for the Huskers. That's it. The rest is the same. Perhaps even worse.

lol..,deserves to keep trying.

My oh my the goal post keep moving for the fraud. Four losing seasons in a row. Four losing seasons. Fire the drunk

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

Signed,

The coaches of the B1G

Huskers keep finding ways to not win games. In my opinion? They are too reliant on Martinez. Good thing they have him or this offense would be completely anemic, but by game’s end he had been hammered on for 4 quarters. As a result he was going first read to not get sacked and didn’t see the two guys open on the 1st play of OT. Two plays later an errant pass cost them. Hard to dominate a team that overwhelmingly and still lose. Also hard to blame AM. Without him they’d be lucky to score points at all.

He needs to make staff changes now and if those have a drastic impact and we play like a good football team the game rest of the year, maybe he can have another year. But I don’t see any of that happening.

He needs to make staff changes now and if those have a drastic impact and we play like a good football team the game rest of the year, maybe he can have another year. But I don’t see any of that happening.

hah! Staff changes.

The fraud had that chance and he said he would ride with his friends. Send the drunk packing like he 100% deserves. The kids in the program deserve far better than him.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Huskers keep finding ways to not win games. In my opinion? They are too reliant on Martinez. Good thing they have him or this offense would be completely anemic, but by game’s end he had been hammered on for 4 quarters. As a result he was going first read to not get sacked and didn’t see the two guys open on the 1st play of OT. Two plays later an errant pass cost them. Hard to dominate a team that overwhelmingly and still lose. Also hard to blame AM. Without him they’d be lucky to score points at all.
2AM has been playing out of his mind for the most part this year. The problems eventually show up, but just imagine how little hope we'd have if he had just been playing like average 2AM. He cannot save this program.

That's the dilemma of Adrian Martinez. When we are down he will make miraculous plays to keep us in the game, but when we have an opportunity to take control he struggles mightily. Been that way since day one.
Tonight in the second half MSU's offense did nothing, and we had guys running free down the middle repeatedly. The game was ours for the taking. We all know what happened.

5oa1om.jpg

At this point I would only go to a game to join in on the boos. They are a coming. And if Frost’s dumbfounded look wasnt good enough after penalty and penalty tonight the boos that will reign down on him starting next week will be great.

Frost and the entire offensive staff needs to be shown the door. The next coach needs to tell AM to hit the road too.....

Agree. He doesn’t trust his line. But his accuracy for a 4 yr starter is crazy bad. He doesn’t trust himself either it seems. Plays are there.

Reactions: Wing-Back
How much longer you think it’ll take for him to realize that special teams are a problem?
It’s how to fix it with the current staff that is the problem.

you have 5 defensive coaches of which one is a DC that doesn’t also double as a position coach. On offense you have 5, and the OC is doubling as a position coach.

while I think Dawson has done well with the OLB this year, couldn’t Chin or Ruud coach them?

fire Dawson and bring Busch down as a dedicated ST coach (who could also help with OLB when needed)

I think our offensive coaching staff is structured wrong as well. The OC should be with th QB so they are always on the same page. Bring in a dedicated WR coach, who can also help with the TE. The TE coach could help with the line.

One problem with allowing one more year is that the (only thing working) defense will lose 5-6 starters. Not saying they can’t be ok next year, but odds are they take a step back.

And if the only way you can “potentially” show improvement is by having a QB play an unprecedented 5 years in a row just to be a glorified game manager, then it’s not really moving things forward.

The only thing I have to say about Frost is this. The team has the talent, and has looked better, however, the MISTAKES remain the same. Losing is still losing, and there comes a time when one realizes that some things apparently cannot be fixed. If Frost could have fixed the mistakes, shouldn't it have been done by now?

yes, I agree Frost should get one more year. This team has shown (ST aside) major progress. Even Frost learned to defer when winning coin flips. He now sprinkles in some option game.

This team is actually progressing and it would be foolish to fire him and start over

Major progress? We are 2-3, with the hardest part of schedule left to come.

You don’t think we are much better this year vs last year? I think it would foolish to throw out the baby with the proverbial bath water. Frost is two years behind schedule as I would have liked seeing this improvement in year two, but this team is vastly improved.

We still have 4-5 wins in us. If we do this I think most on this board will change their tune about Frost getting another year.

After 4 years, I am no longer willing to split the team into parts and find positives in some sub-aspect. This is a team game. Did the team win? Yes or No.

And, no, this team will not win 4-5 more games. If Frost finds yet another way to lose against NW, I predict he will finish his career with 14 wins in 4 yeast

You don’t think we are much better this year vs last year? I think it would foolish to throw out the baby with the proverbial bath water. Frost is two years behind schedule as I would have liked seeing this improvement in year two, but this team is vastly improved.

We still have 4-5 wins in us. If we do this I think most on this board will change their tune about Frost getting another year.
After 4 years, I am no longer willing to split the team into parts and find positives in some sub-aspect. This is a team game. Did the team win? Yes or No.

And, no, this team will not win 4-5 more games. If Frost finds yet another way to lose against NW, I predict he will finish his career with 14 wins in 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT