ADVERTISEMENT

On a Scale of 1 to 10...How Excited Are You About the Hire?

How excited are you with the hiring of Matt Rhule?

Results are only viewable after voting.
in terms of excitement for me personally?

yes. of course. obviously. national champ QB, native son, good old days, etc. extremely exciting at the time of his hire.

like I said - rhule's best comp is Lou Holtz. took Lou 2 more jobs (and 10 years) after coming back to college until he won big.

why is that at all exciting?

Mickey would've been a 10 for me, also.

but, hey, we're in a boring league that has its sights set much more on profit than championships. this hire of rhule is pretty blah big ten to me. completely corporate.

I have said many times and truly believe the Nebraska job cannot be prepared for elsewhere. it is wholly unique & that's why every "experienced" coach we hire sucks ass here.

maybe rhule will be different. we will see.
It isn't that different. It all starts with being strong on the front lines. That's something we have been lacking for years.

in terms of excitement for me personally?

yes. of course. obviously. national champ QB, native son, good old days, etc. extremely exciting at the time of his hire.

like I said - rhule's best comp is Lou Holtz. took Lou 2 more jobs (and 10 years) after coming back to college until he won big.

why is that at all exciting?

Mickey would've been a 10 for me, also.

but, hey, we're in a boring league that has its sights set much more on profit than championships. this hire of rhule is pretty blah big ten to me. completely corporate.

I have said many times and truly believe the Nebraska job cannot be prepared for elsewhere. it is wholly unique & that's why every "experienced" coach we hire sucks ass here.

maybe rhule will be different. we will see.
Been seeing your posts all day. You see Rhule as a 2……

Now seeing you would have placed Mickey as a 10, you are 100% part of the TC, and your credibility goes straight to 0.

It’s been fun reading your takes, so please keep posting. I’ll just now put all of your posts into the “has no idea and/or troll” category.

Carroll is a good one

and surely you cannot believe something this stupid

So you throw out all of this statistical analysis to show Rhule is a bad hire, then when same stats are used for a coach that disproves your argument….

“No, he was different”

Lol

Been seeing your posts all day. You see Rhule as a 2……

Now seeing you would have placed Mickey as a 10, you are 100% part of the TC, and your credibility goes straight to 0.

It’s been fun reading your takes, so please keep posting. I’ll just now put all of your posts into the “has no idea and/or troll” category.
here are two very simple questions for you:

1. do you understand context?

-and-

2. what is "the TC"?

that's what I stated from the start

I am not excited about rhule or his resume and will wait and see what he puts on the field

lots of people take that as "bitching & moaning" when it is simply a different perspective than their own

Nobody is bitching. Your reasoning makes no sense to anybody with logical thinking skills, and you sound like a complete idiot.

Like I said, keep going, it’s pretty entertaining reading.

Nobody is bitching. Your reasoning makes no sense to anybody with logical thinking skills, and you sound like a complete idiot.

Like I said, keep going, it’s pretty entertaining reading.
this response is to someone who claimed I was bitching, not an accusation

again - I don't think you understand context. like, at all

this response is to someone who claimed I was bitching, not an accusation

again - I don't think you understand context. like, at all

I do but thanks for trying.

By context, do you mean picking and choosing stats to fit your argument? That would not be context, that would be bias.

See the difference? In what context are you referring to context?

Reactions: BleedRed78
I do but thanks for trying.

By context, do you mean picking and choosing stats to fit your argument? That would not be context, that would be bias.

See the difference? In what context are you referring to context?
picking and choosing what?

are you upset that I was trying to find the best comps to rhule's exact resume? and I did find one and it's Lou Holtz?

2 rebuilds at historical doormats -> failed NFL stint -> college football national champ after 2 stops and 10 years

also - please find a post of mine saying Rhule is a bad hire. thanks in advance.

Two months of waiting and we have Matt Rhule? Clowns and uneducated homers will learn the hard way I guess. I promise you Trev will in 4 years. What a homerun hire this is. Hold on to this post. In 3-5 years you can tell your grandkids about what a shitty hire this is. Bet me.

Stupid people post stupid things

picking and choosing what?

are you upset that I was trying to find the best comps to rhule's exact resume? and I did find one and it's Lou Holtz?

2 rebuilds at historical doormats -> failed NFL stint -> college football national champ after 2 stops and 10 years

also - please find a post of mine saying Rhule is a bad hire. thanks in advance.

You are being annoyingly particular about which situations allow for Rhule to be a good hire.

For example, unless a coach is successful AFTER their stint in the NFL, they don’t count. You counted out Spurrier bc he was at FL before the NFL. You also discount his time at SC bc he didn’t win a conference championships, although had competitive, winning teams. You also left out UMeyer for the same reason lol.

It was mentioned that Pete Carroll was barely a .500 coach when he left NE for USC, where he won nattie.

Your response “Carrol doesn’t count, he’s different”

You make it sound like Lou Holtz was a failure and we should have hired for more, or should have done better.

I can go find more.

On a scale from 1-10, you rated the Rhule hire as a 2. This “context” wouldn’t qualify as being considered a “bad hire”.

Your views are blatantly biased. You are either a troll, have an axe to grind, or are not very intelligent. I can’t find any other logical reasons for your posts.

You sound just as dumb as the people saying “Rhule was barely .500 in college, looks like we hired another Riley” The stupidity in that statement is on another level.

You’re welcome.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You are being annoyingly particular about which situations allow for Rhule to be a good hire.

For example, unless a coach is successful AFTER their stint in the NFL, they don’t count. You counted out Spurrier bc he was at FL before the NFL. You also discount his time at SC bc he didn’t win a conference championships, although had competitive, winning teams. You also left out UMeyer for the same reason lol.

It was mentioned that Pete Carroll was barely a .500 coach when he left NE for USC, where he won nattie.

Your response “Carrol doesn’t count, he’s different”

You make it sound like Lou Holtz was a failure and we should have hired for more, or should have done better.

I can go find more.

On a scale from 1-10, you rated the Rhule hire as a 2. This “context” wouldn’t qualify as being considered a “bad hire”.

Your views are blatantly biased. You are either a troll, have an axe to grind, or are not very intelligent. I can’t find any other logical reasons for your posts.

You sound just as dumb as the people saying “Rhule was barely .500 in college, looks like we hired another Riley” The stupidity in that statement is on another level.

You’re welcome.
Dude - the title of this thread says how excited are you, not how do you rate the hire

CONTEXT

And do you not think it’s important to have tight apples to apples parameters when comparing things?

Is Rhule coming here before the nfl or after? Would we be happy with spurrier at SC results? JFC you are a toddler

Dude - the title of this thread says how excited are you, not how do you rate the hire

CONTEXT

And do you not think it’s important to have tight apples to apples parameters when comparing things?

Is Rhule coming here before the nfl or after? Would we be happy with spurrier at SC results? JFC you are a toddler
I think there is good reason to be guarded in our optimism considering the abusive bitch we just divorced but a lukewarm rating would have been 5. A 2 implies it was almost as bad it gets. JMO and I’ll hang up and listen. 😁

I think there is good reason to be guarded in our optimism considering the abusive bitch we just divorced but a lukewarm rating would have been 5. A 2 implies it was almost as bad it gets. JMO and I’ll hang up and listen. 😁
At least 10 people have it a 1

I told you a hundred times - Rhule is a boring guy, thus, a boring hire

How do so many literate adults not understand that? It’s literally 1+1=2

At least 10 people have it a 1

I told you a hundred times - Rhule is a boring guy, thus, a boring hire

How do so many literate adults not understand that? It’s literally 1+1=2
As long as we’re “bored” by winning I’m just fine with a 2. I guess the OP should have given us more explicit instructions on what each numeral indicated. Clearly you and I had a different interpretation of the scale. Your explanation makes sense

Reactions: BleedRed78
As long as we’re “bored” by winning I’m just fine with a 2. I guess the OP should have given us more explicit instructions on what each numeral indicated. Clearly you and I had a different interpretation of the scale. Your explanation makes sense
Oh my literal interpretation of the actual words typed “makes sense”?

Gee, thanks.

giphy.gif

I get what you are saying that the hire boring. So a 40 year old Tom Osborne also boring would still not excite you?
If I had zero history with him and he had zero connections to the school and he had just one G5 conf title under his belt and was coming off a putrid nfl stint culminating in his interim winning 3x the games he did?

Yes, absolutely

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT