ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss Star RB Judkins to enter the portal

Wow. One of the best players in CFB. Wild times we are living in.

There's more talent entering the portal then there is actually coming back on teams. That's why I harp on so much about taking nine 5.5 3 stars, because it directly impacts and limits how many transfers we can take. I wouldn't mind so much back with the old recruiting rules, but times change. In today's environment, I'm not sure why you would take a chance on so many low rated HS kids when there is a ton of proven talent in the portal to choose from.

There's more talent entering the portal then there is actually coming back on teams. That's why I harp on so much about taking nine 5.5 3 stars, because it directly impacts and limits how many transfers we can take. I wouldn't mind so much back with the old recruiting rules, but times change. In today's environment, I'm not sure why you would take a chance on so many low rated HS kids when there is a ton of proven talent in the portal to choose from.

You use the portal to fill needs. You cannot plan on re-building your entire team through the portal year after year.

You use the portal to fill needs. You cannot plan on re-building your entire team through the portal year after year.
BS you can't. You can and should build your team through the portal. The portal this year and going forward is unlike anything we have seen in CFB before. Like I stated already, and I wasn't exaggerating, there is more talent in the portal than what is actually coming back on teams.

With how the rules are now, it would be like if the NFL got rid of contracts and had all the players be free agents at the end of the year... And how that relates back to us is, if instead of as a strategy we decided to go after Mahomes and Jefferson in free agency or even an experienced mid-tier guy, we instead decided to go shopping in the bargain bin for a bunch of undrafted rookie free agents. Which is more likely to be the winning strategy?

A high percentage of these good portal players didn't consider us during the recruiting process and they likely aren't going to consider us now that they can anywhere. You build through high school players and supplement holes through the portal.
They didn't consider us because we didn't show interest in the first place.

This is just amazing. Ole Miss is setup to make a run next year if they can get over the Bama hump. Just nuts.. I wish we could land this dude.
There's at least a dozen other running backs in the portal who are just as good who we haven't shown interest in. Why would anything change for this guy?

Reactions: Yantzeee
You are obsessed with these 3 stars. Taking 3 star high school kids doesn't limit us taking GOOD portal players. We will always have room for good portal players. And I see no point in taking washed up backups. May as well take a chance on a 3 star like, I don't know, Jalen Lloyd. Or some of the other 3 stars like Brice Turner and Jeremiah Charles. Or Sam Koch's kid.

You are obsessed with these 3 stars. Taking 3 star high school kids doesn't limit us taking GOOD portal players. We will always have room for good portal players. And I see no point in taking washed up backups. May as well take a chance on a 3 star like, I don't know, Jalen Lloyd. Or some of the other 3 stars like Brice Turner and Jeremiah Charles. Or Sam Koch's kid.
When we got 6.1 5-star highest rated QB in the nation he still complained. He's just a miserable person. Not sure why he even hangs out on here when all he does is piss and moan about everything. Sad existence.

Just don't respond to that guy. It's not worth it. I just put him on ignore just so I don't have to read the stupidity.

It absolutely does limit us from exactly that. Every scholarship you hand out to a 5.5 3 star HS kid is a scholarship you can't offer to a GOOD portal player. And once again I'm ahead of the curve on this just like I have been about everything before. Championship teams will primarily be made out of the portal moving forward.

How many of these players were even being recruited when Rhule was in college? How would Rhule show interest with high school kids when he was in the NFL?

This Ole Miss kid is a sophomore. How was Rhule supposed to recruit him?
Once they're in the portal, you're free to contact them.

Once they're in the portal, you're free to contact them.
this seems contradictory to this:
They didn't consider us because we didn't show interest in the first place.

and taking high school kids does not preclude us from pursuing anybody

you claim to be so disappointed in us taking 3* kids, but when I provide you a list of 9 who we can send packing tomorrow and not notice, you push back because it's not "fair" or might hurt their feelings

which is it?

It absolutely does limit us from exactly that. Every scholarship you hand out to a 5.5 3 star HS kid is a scholarship you can't offer to a GOOD portal player. And once again I'm ahead of the curve on this just like I have been about everything before. Championship teams will primarily be made out of the portal moving forward.
Georgia took 28 hs players. Bama 27. Oregon 26. OU 28. LSU 29. Michigan 27.

You are ahead of Saban? Harbaugh? Smart? Kelly?

Sure buddy.

On a side note: Harbaugh signed 9 3 stars and a 2 star. Dead weight. Guys an idiot. Just ask oldjar.

this seems contradictory to this:

and taking high school kids does not preclude us from pursuing anybody

you claim to be so disappointed in us taking 3* kids, but when I provide you a list of 9 who we can send packing tomorrow and not notice, you push back because it's not "fair" or might hurt their feelings

which is it?
There's a big difference between a kid already on the roster and one we're just recruiting, even if committed. One's a Husker, one's not and I'll put more effort behind defending the guy that's actually a Husker. I don't see that as contradictory. Again, 80% of the guys you had on that list were either true freshman who haven't had a shot yet or guys who would be major contributors. This isn't a personal shot at you, but I'd like idiots on message boards to defend what they are saying when they effectively say we need to get rid of a dozen-plus guys on the roster. Hell at least you're the only one bold enough to even make an attempt, the rest are too pussy to even try.

There's a big difference between a kid already on the roster and one we're just recruiting, even if committed. One's a Husker, one's not and I'll put more effort behind defending the guy that's actually a Husker. I don't see that as contradictory. Again, 80% of the guys you had on that list were either true freshman who haven't had a shot yet or guys who would be major contributors. This isn't a personal shot at you, but I'd like idiots on message boards to defend what they are saying when they effectively say we need to get rid of a dozen-plus guys on the roster. Hell at least you're the only one bold enough to even make an attempt.
no, there's not. everyone's a free agent every year.

so now the guy who says we should not recruit 3* kids also says the 3* kids we do recruit deserve a "shot"? makes sense.

have a clear point and some conviction to stand behind it. don't be so wishy washy.

it's a cutthroat business. we need to upgrade at literally every position. we have zero first rounders. every single player and coach is replaceable.

Reactions: Huskers123456
no, there's not. everyone's a free agent every year.

so now the guy who says we should not recruit 3* kids also says the 3* kids we do recruit deserve a "shot"? makes sense.

have a clear point and some conviction to stand behind it. don't be so wishy washy.

it's a cutthroat business. we need to upgrade at literally every position. we have zero first rounders. every single player and coach is replaceable.
I'm not being wishy washy about anything, if we can upgrade and get rid of the deadweight, we absolutely should. I'm also saying that a lot of the low rated 3 stars we took will end up being deadweight, so that's where we should have started.

I'm not being wishy washy about anything, if we can upgrade and get rid of the deadweight, we absolutely should. I'm also saying that a lot of the low rated 3 stars we took will end up being deadweight, so that's where we should have started.
how does this ^

level with this:

Again, 80% of the guys you had on that list were either true freshman who haven't had a shot yet

and if you think IGC is in line to be a "major contributor", you need to turn in your username and password

Considering we had Alex Bullock starting this year, and haven't yet landed an impact transfer receiver, I think it's fair to say IGC would be a major contributor, if not a starter. He's a hell of a lot better than Bullock.

Considering we had Alex Bullock starting this year, and haven't yet landed an impact transfer receiver, I think it's fair to say IGC would be a major contributor, if not a starter. He's a hell of a lot better than Bullock.
I completely disagree.

career stats:

Bullock (1 season) - 15 rec, 221 yards, 1 TD
IGC (2 seasons) - 6 rec, 127 yards, 1 TD

plus IGC is short, can't block and can't stay healthy.

Reactions: Yantzeee
Tonight Show Coach GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT