ADVERTISEMENT

Kadyn Proctor enters the portal

Bunch of guys leaving bama and going to get paid.
Amen...got paid to go to Bama...get paid by a new school now with your "free transfer" and I am guessing that means 1 or 2 (grad transfer) transfers still left!

Reactions: V-Doub
Amen...got paid to go to Bama...get paid by a new school now with your "free transfer" and I am guessing that means 1 or 2 (grad transfer) transfers still left!

This new system went far beyond “making it easier for student athletes to transfer”. We’ve incentivized transfering. If you’re a top player out of HS… You sign a sweet NIL deal before your freshman year starts, and if you don’t like how your 1st year goes, (or if you do like it but just want more $$$) you hop in the portal and sign a more lucrative NIL deal at your new school.

For top players, we’ve literally made it fiscally irresponsible to stay at one school throughout your college career…

Looks like it will be Iowa. Which is crazy, because their fans absolutely trashed him when he chose Bama, he has taken some digs at Iowa himself, and this is who Iowa fans claim KF was talking about with his "three high schools" comments.

This new system went far beyond “making it easier for student athletes to transfer”. We’ve incentivized transfering. If you’re a top player out of HS… You sign a sweet NIL deal before your freshman year starts, and if you don’t like how your 1st year goes, (or if you do like it but just want more $$$) you hop in the portal and sign a more lucrative NIL deal at your new school.

For top players, we’ve literally made it fiscally irresponsible to stay at one school throughout your college career…
Very true...

And good for them. Shit, if that was my kid and he make 100K year one...300K year two...600K year three...graduate play one more year for another 600K

Unreal.

22 years old with probably 250K (conservatively) in the bank and a degree and no debt??

Reactions: V-Doub
Looks like it will be Iowa. Which is crazy, because their fans absolutely trashed him when he chose Bama, he has taken some digs at Iowa himself, and this is who Iowa fans claim KF was talking about with his "three high schools" comments.

Would be out of character for the Squawks to pay what I’m guessing he’s asking. But who knows, maybe their NIL operations have decided to open up the check book? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: headcard
Very true...

And good for them. Shit, if that was my kid and he make 100K year one...300K year two...600K year three...graduate play one more year for another 600K

Unreal.

22 years old with probably 250K (conservatively) in the bank and a degree and no debt??

That’s likely what I would do if I was in these kids situation(s). But I think we need some more universal regulation(s) on NIL and the portal. I don’t want to try and put the toothpaste back in the tube, but I think we swung the pendulum a little too far. IMO

It's almost like coaching stability and culture matters now. Crazy times.

Reactions: V-Doub and HuskerO

Most jobs are the same way. Want a big pay raise? Leave the company.

I've been told Iowa knew this was coming for a bit and already had a package put together, so yes.
This is true.

The package was getting Little Bobo out of the stadium.

Brian Ferentz Brian Ferentz Mad GIF - Brian Ferentz Brian Ferentz Mad Brian Ferentz Angry GIFs

Hawkeyes Belly GIF - Hawkeyes Belly GIFs

if we know 1 thing about CB's is that you should always trust them.

That being said, can't imagine him not returning to Iowa.

Reactions: WHCSC
Wherever it was I don't follow that closely, but I do recall the "we don't need him" comments.
I don't think there were many, if any, we don't need him comments about Raiola. There were way more, Frost screwed this up, and why don't we offer more NIL money, and things like that. There were a few we didn't want him anyway jokes.

I don't think there were many, if any, we don't need him comments about Raiola. There were way more, Frost screwed this up, and why don't we offer more NIL money, and things like that. There were a few we didn't want him anyway jokes.
Just a heads up, you’re trying to have a reasonable conversation with an iowa fan, they are incapable of being reasonable and rational when it comes to husker football. All things husker football trigger them in the most extreme way possible.

Wherever it was I don't follow that closely, but I do recall the "we don't need him" comments.
I do not recall many "We do not need him" comments. There were sour grapes comments that Raiola had played Nebraska by taking visits while allegedly being silently committed (and peer recruiting others) to Georgia. There were some comments of "We only want people who want to be here"; that is true of every school. Nebraska clearly needed and needs a top notch quarterback.

A Hawkeye beat writer said that Nebraska has made a late push. Announcement today.
lol….he’s not coming to Nebraska and I doubt there’s any late push. The hawkeye beat writer knows his audience and he knows how much every iowa fan needs to say to themselves “Nebraska made a late push, but iowa wins in the end.” I’ve never met a hawkeye fan with a reasonable opinion about Nebraska football, we just can’t relate to you nor you to us.

lol….he’s not coming to Nebraska and I doubt there’s any late push. The hawkeye beat writer knows his audience and he knows how much every iowa fan needs to say to themselves “Nebraska made a late push, but iowa wins in the end.” I’ve never met a hawkeye fan with a reasonable opinion about Nebraska football, we just can’t relate to you nor you to us.
There’s been contact between he and NU. I haven’t heard who initiated the contact. IF his transfer is related to proximity to a girlfriend, NU might be more of an option than some think. We all know what is undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT