ADVERTISEMENT

OK, I'll say it, this thread could get interesting...

Put the conspiracy theories and hidden agendas away. The fact is we are under-manned at DL with a new position coach.
Get behind JP and let's see what we can do in the coming months to shore things up.

Put the conspiracy theories and hidden agendas away. The fact is we are under-manned at DL with a new position coach.
Get behind JP and let's see what we can do in the coming months to shore things up.
Lol. "Get behind JP". This coming from the clowns who gave the new staff about a week. Gtfo with your crap. Asinine statements that the new staff is responsible because a bunch of the old regimes players showed their true colors..... tells me all I need to know.

You should have said FORMER starting defensive lineman. IMO, neither Williams or McMullen were going to be starters next fall. Maurice and Davis were going to be starting inside with McMullen, Williams etal backing them up. This hurts our depth badly but is not that big of a blow to our 2 deep. Our 2 deep will be fine. The issue is what happens if we lose one of our top 4 inside guys. JP's resume still looks awfully damned good IF you take off former Blackshirt. Just substitute any other school's name and look at the accomplishments. He's a position coach not a coordinator.

can we stop ... he may very well turn out to be a damn good hire but if you look at the coaching experience of all the defensive line coaches in the BIG prior to joining their current team only JP and Iowa's def line coach had zero prior division 1 coaching experience

here is a list of coaching experience PRIOR to being hired at a BIG TEN program
again he may end up great but on the surface it looks like we threw the resumes in the garbage and hired the chick with the big rack and nice ass

JP -- juco + 2 years Div 2
Iowa - long time high school head coach
Michigan - previous def coordinator for Baltimore Ravens
OSU - Larry Johnson - 15+ years at Penn State
MSU - 10 years def line at Air Force
PSU - 10+ years experince coaching div 1 d line
Wisconsin - previous Pitt, UCLA, weber state, Montana
Minnesota - 5+ years north illinois def line coach
Illinois - 5 years def line coach chicago bears
NW - 15+ years - Arizona, Nevada, Wash St
Purdue - 10 years div 1 def line
Indiana - 10+ div 1 def line coach
Maryland - NFL def line coach and Div 1 def line coach 5+ years
Rutgers - NFL def line coach + Div 1 def line coach 5+ years

Last edited:
Reactions: maplesyrup95
Lol. "Get behind JP". This coming from the clowns who gave the new staff about a week. Gtfo with your crap. Asinine statements that the new staff is responsible because a bunch of the old regimes players showed their true colors..... tells me all I need to know.

Jump to conclusions much? Where did I say anything like this?

can we stop ... he may very well turn out to be a damn good hire but if you look at the coaching experience of all the defensive line coaches in the BIG prior to joining their current team only JP and Iowa's def line coach had zero prior division 1 coaching experience

again he may end up great but on the surface it looks like we threw the resumes in the garbage and hired the chick with the big rack and nice ass

You make a strong argument here... And I hope are recognizing as well the possibility that he could be one of those guys who excells wherever he goes. We won't know for a year or so but his track record seems to suggest it...

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
You make a strong argument here... And I hope are recognizing as well the possibility that he could be one of those guys who excell wherever they go. We won't know for a year or so but his track record seems to suggest it...

I am not arguing against the guy -- I like him and hope to hell he is a home run
I am just pointing out that he doesn't come in with anywhere near the experience of the other coaches in our league

I'm not sure he has enough experience to even have a track record - Northern Michigan was near the bottom of the conference in rushing defense, sacks and tackles for loss

Reactions: timnsun
It's because you guys are so transparent.
well everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's for sure. I just read his post as being awful angry and thought something else might be going on.. maybe he's having a bad day or something.

I am not arguing against the guy -- I like him and hope to hell he is a home run
I am just pointing out that he doesn't come in with anywhere near the experience of the other coaches in our league

I'm not sure he has enough experience to even have a track record - Northern Michigan was near the bottom of the conference in rushing defense, sacks and tackles for loss
Should have been clearer. Track record in life... Walk on to all conference (all American?) to NFL 12 year career... Not coaching track record yet.

Now that's the spirit! You do make me laugh!
Now you seem like you need to defend yourself. Interesting. I am sure it was just random you jumped in and got all offended. Yup, totally random

So you put # of years as a coach at Fumduck U above the experience Parrella had in the NFL? According to your criteria Hank Hughes should be a tremendous D-line coach. How did that work out? I take in to consideration who Parrella had as D line coaches and his NFL success along with his varied experience while quickly climbing the coaching ranks. He's plenty qualified to be a position coach IMO.. Period. The Blackshirt deal is just a very large additional bonus. You can be a D-line coach a long time at good old Fumduck U and still be a crappy coach.

FTR, Hughes coached some very good run Ds at UCONN. Not saying Hank shouldn't have been canned, just pointing out that he did have accomplishments of note.

JP has some very good young talent but this year will be an adventure.

At the risk of promoting more of what I do not really like to see on the board, do the Dline departure signal the end of last psn group that was iffy on buy-in to the new staff?
Only if we win games. If we have another letdown season, it will be because of inside conspiracies...you know, players purposefully ruining their own careers and wasting their time to silently punish a university for firing a coach... their teammates, friends, families and future be damned. What a load of shit.
At least idiots like rover can take glee in the fact that they have excuses already for another poor season if that's what happens (which it may not) after the d line fiasco.
Forget game management and playing to a teams strengths...6-7 was Bo's fault and mcmuffin leaving proves it!

Only if we win games. If we have another letdown season, it will be because of inside conspiracies...you know, players purposefully ruining their own careers and wasting their time to silently punish a university for firing a coach... their teammates, friends, families and future be damned. What a load of shit.
At least idiots like rover can take glee in the fact that they have excuses already for another poor season if that's what happens (which it may not) after the d line fiasco.
Forget game management and playing to a teams strengths...6-7 was Bo's fault and mcmuffin leaving proves it!
Thanks for proving my point.

John Parrella will outdo Trent Bray's accomplishments with last year's thin LB corps.
GBR!!!
Link? How could you know that? He is running off kids, and not recruiting. He has had "more than enough" time. He is nothing but a check collector. I WANT to be wrong, I really do. But I call the truth out when I see it. You sunshine pumpers are something else! It's just my opinion based on facts!!!!!!

Has Parrella bought a house yet? This isn't North Michigan, it's Nebraska. He has no idea how things are supposed to be done here.

Link? How could you know that? He is running off kids, and not recruiting. He has had "more than enough" time. He is nothing but a check collector. I WANT to be wrong, I really do. But I call the truth out when I see it. You sunshine pumpers are something else! It's just my opinion based on facts!!!!!!

Dude. Are you high? Link? Proof?
Let me be clear. This is a prediction. JP is a blackshirt through and through. I will support him until the very end, and want to see him succeed. That is all. I don't have facts from the future to share with you.

Last edited:
I'm pretty meh on the whole deal. Greg took plenty of plays off. Shined a few times too.

I think the loss of McMullen is huge if he was going to be engaged. He could be a perfect fit at DT. Liked him.

The other guy? Please sprint and never come back.

Dude. Are you high? Link? Proof?
Let me be clear. This is a prediction. JP is a blackshirt through and through. I will support him until the very end, and want to see him succeed. That is all. I don't have facts from the future to share with you.
So running off players, not recruiting, and check collecting is what a blackshirt is all about? He has had enough time. We need experienced interior d-lineman to play in this league. Now all I am seeing is an effort to have the opposite. I heard he was sent here by Barry Alvarez to purposely harm the program!!!

So running off players, not recruiting, and check collecting is what a blackshirt is all about? He has had enough time. We need experienced interior d-lineman to play in this league. Now all I am seeing is an effort to have the opposite. I heard he was sent here by Barry Alvarez to purposely harm the program!!!

Sarcasm detected. Get a new schtick.

Sarcasm detected. Get a new schtick.
Huh? What do you mean? I have seen the light! They were all sent here to destroy the whole state! I am running out of tin foil! Parrella needs to buy a damn house!!!!!!

You've got their shtick down pretty good 4.6.3

Wow the free board harbors a lot of Bo lovers doesn't it ? Lol hardly any on the pay board.

You're having too much fun, 4.6.3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT