ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2nd Half Thread***

You are as predictable as you are insufferable...you only show up to bag on this team - you have been marked. I enjoy laughing at your stunted maturity as well...

Oh it's that Husaria guy, he created a new account just to bag on a Husker fan. So strange.

I still feel like there was no energy in that game. Just all around. But hey, I feel like its progress. Whatever, participation trophies and all that right? I'll take this over what happened last year. Take care guys/gals, have a great rest of your weekend! GBR!

Reactions: Lincoln100
I don't believe you march everyone out there in that situation, for a fake.. so just punt it. I would have punted it. But if you are going to put your team out there in a do or die situation, just to fake it, you end up looking pretty stupid when it doesn't work, and it just looks like you have lost your nerve.
Yes I get what you are saying. I'm talking about 4th-and-short in general, rather than just that one play. I'd love to have a team that can convert a 4th-and-one anytime it wants to, but this team isn't there yet - not by a long shot.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Its not his job to kick the ball or catch the ball. There were plenty of opportunities for us to win. We didnt execute. You can argue the field goal attempt at the 1 but other than that idk what youre mad about.
You can really point to the dropped passes as well in critical situations. Would have given us a better chance.

Bottom line is our defense just isn't very good. They score 50 without those turnovers. They average about 175 yards rushing per game, and haven't been over 100 in their last two games, and we gave them 250 rushing yards until it went backwards a bit on the couple of kneel downs. When we knew they would rush the ball in the last couple of drives, and who they would give it to, they easily picked up yardage. And, we let a guy averaging about 65 yards per game go for 163, including his longest run of the year. Other than picking up a couple of turnovers this game, there really has been no improvement in our defense as the season has progressed, in my opinion. Whether its schemes or the lack of athleticism, speed, strength and/or technique, we absolutely must improve the defense. We have to find some playmakers and find some LBs with speed and some linemen who can get off a block and keep the Oline from getting to our LBs. Until that happens, whether next year or sometime after that, we are destined for more moral victories. We may outscore a few teams, but not nearly enough.

Sometimes it’s a game of inches. 2nd effort got a couple of critical first downs

There are several players that seem to repeatedly leave 2-3 yards on the field by running laterally after an initial 5-6 yards, running out of bounds or not lowering your pads near the first down marker

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I don't believe you march everyone out there in that situation, for a fake.. so just punt it. I would have punted it. But if you are going to put your team out there in a do or die situation, just to fake it, you end up looking pretty stupid when it doesn't work, and it just looks like you have lost your nerve.
YOU TRY TO DRAW THEM OFF. MORON.

Bottom line is our defense just isn't very good. They score 50 without those turnovers. They average about 175 yards rushing per game, and haven't been over 100 in their last two games, and we gave them 250 rushing yards until it went backwards a bit on the couple of kneel downs. When we knew they would rush the ball in the last couple of drives, and who they would give it to, they easily picked up yardage. And, we let a guy averaging about 65 yards per game go for 163, including his longest run of the year. Other than picking up a couple of turnovers this game, there really has been no improvement in our defense as the season has progressed, in my opinion. Whether its schemes or the lack of athleticism, speed, strength and/or technique, we absolutely must improve the defense. We have to find some playmakers and find some LBs with speed and some linemen who can get off a block and keep the Oline from getting to our LBs. Until that happens, whether next year or sometime after that, we are destined for more moral victories. We may outscore a few teams, but not nearly enough.
It’s going to take a few more solid recruiting classes, but I believe the D will get better, just need to get better players. Ohio State Gabe up a lot of yards and points today at home, and their talent is considered much better on defense than what Nebraska has.

Reactions: headcard
Loved how the Bucknuts were jawing at the end,why? Because they knew we were as if not better than they are.Great job Huskers,you us and you proud.2 plays determined this outcome,a blocked punt that was a 9 point turn around and the turnover on the goal line.

Wrong

Came back with the derogatory again, ‘nuff said.. you do you...

I do think Frost made some mistakes today, but as with this team, he and his staff are growing too.

By and large, it appears they have toned down the defense and playing things a bit more safe. We could have really been shredded today, and that didn't happen.

Some of the calls, I am not sure I agree with.. gutsy move to go for an early onside kick, but then fakes the 4th down..

It's as if Scott is kind of feeling his way out this year too.

We are def going to be a better ball club next year, and I like our odds to win out the rest of the season, but please for the love of God....

Fix the Special Teams!

Excited that we have a better than even chance in the remaining games!!! I think this is the best we have played OSU yet. I don’t count the Fickel year.

Reactions: headcard
Its not his job to kick the ball or catch the ball. There were plenty of opportunities for us to win. We didnt execute. You can argue the field goal attempt at the 1 but other than that idk what youre mad about.

The game was there for the taking. He played it safe. We lost

How stupidly selective you are in saying OSU gave it to Nebraska. Stop acting like an idiot and just give credit.

OSU didn’t play a great game. It was there for the taking, and we didn’t take it. I think Frost relied on the D too much at the end. So yes, I don’t think coach called it right. You disagree. That’s terrific. We lost

For the most part, this is my problem when he didn’t go for it on 4th and inches and taking the 3 instead of going for 6. They aren’t easy calls, but we can’t just rely on our D. Win or lose with the ball in the hands of your best players.

Some of you guys need to look in the mirror and ask “should I punch myself in the face?” The answer is yes, yes you should. If there had been message boards in 94-95 you would have been bitching about something every week. That’s just who you are.

We lost but I'm proud of the way we played today. We've closed the gap considerably. I expect that this team will be contenders in the B1G West next year

We lost but I'm proud of the way we played today. We've closed the gap considerably. I expect that this team will be contenders in the B1G West next year
Mostly proud here. Not proud of that silly backwards pass, the botched onside attempt and the blocked punt. Other than that, some of the other mistakes are to be expected. IF we could change that backwards pass we probably win the game.

Reactions: HuskerinPA
Mostly proud here. Not proud of that silly backwards pass, the botched onside attempt and the blocked punt. Other than that, some of the other mistakes are to be expected. IF we could change that backwards pass we probably win the game.
Guess I never should have showed up earlier.. lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT