ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2nd Half Thread***

whoopeee...moral victory. I wanted this one badly and we could have had it with fewer mental errors. The backwards pass by Martinez #1. Backwards onside kick that will live on in bloopers for years to come #2. Blocked punt #3.....

Reactions: regionsdoc
I agree with others, we should have done more, had more urgency to do something in that 3rd quarter. Too many times, we took on the lazy attitude of the other team in just farting around out there. I am not sure we played hard all 4 quarters.

If you have to wear glasses to review the dam replay, maybe you should wear glasses to officiate the dam game.

Reactions: cvogele29
This is what you get relying on your subpar defense, late in the game, to win the game for you. Bad decisions by coach down the stretch

Great decisions and great coaching by the staff, top to bottom. Played a top 10 team in their house to a 5 point game with lots of points left on the floor. For the haters, suck on a lemon.

Yes! Moral victory! (Sarcasm). Do we not have a kicker who can execute an onside kick? Big step, but I’ll still say we believed we couldn’t win.

Great progress. Just short... excited for the last few games of the season!

when he was going to go for it on 4th down, and then backed out.. I shook my head. If you're going to go out there and line it up and make that decision, don't puss out. F'n go for it and get it done.
You might want to just want to chill. Frost never intended to go for it there. It was completely a ploy to try to draw an offside.

when he was going to go for it on 4th down, and then backed out.. I shook my head. If you're going to go out there and line it up and make that decision, don't puss out. F'n go for it and get it done.
In those situations, having no under-the-center, short-yardage plays is a killer. Sounds great to go for it on 4th and short, but out of the shotgun there's a big opportunity for the defense to blow up the play.

Yes! Moral victory! (Sarcasm). Do we not have a kicker who can execute an onside kick? Big step, but I’ll still say we believed we couldn’t win.
I guess Pickering must not be able to get touchbacks on kickoffs otherwise one would think he would get the nod there. There will no doubt be a heated kicking and punting competition this off season.

In those situations, having no under-the-center, short-yardage plays is a killer. Sounds great to go for it on 4th and short, but out of the shotgun there's a big opportunity for the defense to blow up the play.
I don't believe you march everyone out there in that situation, for a fake.. so just punt it. I would have punted it. But if you are going to put your team out there in a do or die situation, just to fake it, you end up looking pretty stupid when it doesn't work, and it just looks like you have lost your nerve.

And for ANYONE blaming Scott for this lost, you need to STFU. He’s the reason we were in this game. You guys all calling for a blow out all week. The reason we weren’t blown out was because of this staff and how they’ve developed these kids. Scott did everything right at the time. Needed points down 9, couldn’t walk away with a goose egg. Seriously. Can’t blame this on the staff. Can’t blame this on the D. Can’t blame this on the team. They were a better team and we played just fine, our staff did just fine

And for ANYONE blaming Scott for this lost, you need to STFU. He’s the reason we were in this game. You guys all calling for a blow out all week. The reason we weren’t blown out was because of this staff and how they’ve developed these kids. Scott did everything right at the time. Needed points down 9, couldn’t walk away with a goose egg. Seriously. Can’t blame this on the staff. Can’t blame this on the D. Can’t blame this on the team. They were a better team and we played just fine, our staff did just fine
I concur.

Think I’m more pissed with Frost after this game than with any other game
Its not his job to kick the ball or catch the ball. There were plenty of opportunities for us to win. We didnt execute. You can argue the field goal attempt at the 1 but other than that idk what youre mad about.

ADVERTISEMENT