ADVERTISEMENT

Of passing interest here, Kade Warner ...

Bullsh*t.
so you think AM told Frost he's out prior to the season ending?

how else would Frost have known to let him walk prior to the iowa game with the other seniors?

I think (am 100% positive) Trev told AM (through Frost) thanks for your service, don't let the door hit you on your way out

if he quit on the team (FOR A SECOND TIME), boy.. what a loser

so you think AM told Frost he's out prior to the season ending?

how else would Frost have known to let him walk prior to the iowa game with the other seniors?

I think (am 100% positive) Trev told AM (through Frost) thanks for your service, don't let the door hit you on your way out

if he quit on the team (FOR A SECOND TIME), boy.. what a loser
I doubt that anyone on this board knows what actually happened.

well, we know the decision was made prior to the iowa game

and we know how rare it is for someone to hop out of a very warm current

so that leaves really one possibility - Trev told him to take a hike, and Nebraska Football rejoiced

• Haha
Reactions: c_broadus
We will in 20 years after our next 5 nattys when they make a 30 for 30 on our program, frost will be the AD firing zac Taylor after a 9-3 season only to hire our savior ….joe ganz. Then we slide into another 30 year shit storm

When a four-year starter transfers out of a program with no proven backups pushing him, that tells me all I need to know. A winner stays and finishes the job. He was shown the door
No. Maybe he was sick of taking 100% of the criticism from fans for 4 years, when most of the times the reasons we lost had to do with stupid penalties, inability to run the football, inability to protect 2AM, poor ST, and inexplicable mistakes at precisely the wrong time in the game. Maybe he was sick of that and wanted a change of scenery. He can win at K-State, you know.

No. Maybe he was sick of taking 100% of the criticism from fans for 4 years, when most of the times the reasons we lost had to do with stupid penalties, inability to run the football, inability to protect 2AM, poor ST, and inexplicable mistakes at precisely the wrong time in the game. Maybe he was sick of that and wanted a change of scenery. He can win at K-State, you know.
I don’t think Martinez cared what the fans thought, again if the story is true that all Adrian did during the off season Was no workouts but smoke weed Good luck kst you can have him

I think Warner may have a bright future as a football coach if he wants.
Your insight is really valued in terms of scouting future couching talent. Im also sure you have a deep understanding of Kade Warner's football intellect. I respect you sharing your knowledge with the group.

I don’t think Martinez cared what the fans thought, again if the story is true that all Adrian did during the off season Was no workouts but smoke weed Good luck kst you can have him
But you don't know if the story is true, do you? And it's odd that if it's indeed true, his teammates would vote him team captain for an unprecedented 3rd time in his career.

How old are you?
old enough to employ simple deductive reasoning

if, before the season was over for his team, AM informed Frost of his desire to leave and become a live-in boyfriend in manhattan, ks, then he's an even bigger loser than his horrendous record shows

I have more faith in him as a teammate, however, and don't think he'd do that

given the circumstance and timing, I think it's pretty clear that AM was tossed out with rest of the dirty bathwater that was our offensive staff

old enough to employ simple deductive reasoning

if, before the season was over for his team, AM informed Frost of his desire to leave and become a live-in boyfriend in manhattan, ks, then he's an even bigger loser than his horrendous record shows

I have more faith in him as a teammate, however, and don't think he'd do that

given the circumstance and timing, I think it's pretty clear that AM was tossed out with rest of the dirty bathwater that was our offensive staff
Because as everyone knows, it is insanity to keep doing the same things and expect a different result. Our defense was respectable while not great. Our special teams and lack of offensive production were a disaster. Both have been addressed in the off season.

Reactions: king_kong_
This may be the classic 'win-win' scenario. It seems KSU fans are happy that AM transferred there; and NU fans are happy that he transferred, period.

AM may do well at KSU. As I said earlier in the thread, he may not be surrounded by better overall talent than at NU, but he will most certainly be surrounded by players that have been better coached in their careers. That, in and of itself, may help him reduce the number of game-changing mistakes that were so prevalent in his Nebraska career.

NU's foibles were not all his fault, of course. NU lost multiple games from Special Teams errors alone. AM's 14-24 record as a starter would be closer to .500 if the Special Teams were not historically bad under Frost. OTOH, AM had multiple opportunities to rise up lead the team to victory, despite mistakes from other segments of the team - only to produce his own catastrophic error.

Well, he is now playing for "Special Teams U," so there is that difference. And as for talent, I presume you mean recruiting stars, not on-field performance?

Stupid fumbles, interceptions, not throwing the ball away, running out of bounds short of the first down....

This may be the classic 'win-win' scenario. It seems KSU fans are happy that AM transferred there; and NU fans are happy that he transferred, period.

AM may do well at KSU. As I said earlier in the thread, he may not be surrounded by better overall talent than at NU, but he will most certainly be surrounded by players that have been better coached in their careers. That, in and of itself, may help him reduce the number of game-changing mistakes that were so prevalent in his Nebraska career.

NU's foibles were not all his fault, of course. NU lost multiple games from Special Teams errors alone. AM's 14-24 record as a starter would be closer to .500 if the Special Teams were not historically bad under Frost. OTOH, AM had multiple opportunities to rise up lead the team to victory, despite mistakes from other segments of the team - only to produce his own catastrophic error.
AM is at his best when the ball is not in his hands

I suspect if he plays, KSU will do their best to protect him and the rest of the team from himself

kid averaged almost 1.5 turnovers/game here, and most all of them were entirely his fault

Reactions: drubendall

Two scoop and scores in NU 2021 losses. One very well may have been decisive to the outcome of the game. Critical fumbles. It's hard to criticize AM for the mistakes, cause at times it seemed as if he was the only player trying to win the game. But a crucial error in service of trying to win actually gets the team further away from the goal. And there were far too many of these.
Just as most of the offensive coaches exited, AM needed to exit as well. He had four years to make it work.

The weaknesses of this team are (seemingly)
It's amazing that someone could have watched the QB play here the last 4 seasons and say "that's fine, more of that please".

It would be like watching our special teams over the last 4 years and going "Hey, all that bullshit going on out there that's directly harming the team -- it's not the only thing wrong with our team, therefore it's fine. Another season of that please".

Outside of the idiotic litany of turnovers he was responsible for game after game after game, the zero come-from-behind wins and zero wins over a quality team over 4 years of starting -- our playbook was severely limited because AM couldn't do many things that a competent P5 QB needs to be able to do.

His lone strength was running the football -- something that the 10 running backs on the roster are here to do.

How the hell nobody was ever brought in to compete for his spot after year 2 is baffling, and is likely what is going to cost SF his career here.

The weaknesses of this team are (seemingly)

It's amazing that someone could have watched the QB play here the last 4 seasons and say "that's fine, more of that please".

It would be like watching our special teams over the last 4 years and going "Hey, all that bullshit going on out there that's directly harming the team -- it's not the only thing wrong with our team, therefore it's fine. Another season of that please".

Outside of the idiotic litany of turnovers he was responsible for game after game after game, the zero come-from-behind wins and zero wins over a quality team over 4 years of starting -- our playbook was severely limited because AM couldn't do many things that a competent P5 QB needs to be able to do.

His lone strength was running the football -- something that the 10 running backs on the roster are here to do.

How the hell nobody was ever brought in to compete for his spot after year 2 is baffling, and is likely what is going to cost SF his career here.
put this post on the front page permanently @Sean CaIIahan

I don't care what the reasons may be. I don't care who told who to do what. I don't care who's feelings are hurt.

I am happy Adrian Martinez is no longer associated with the program. It's time to move on.

Two scoop and scores in NU 2021 losses. One very well may have been decisive to the outcome of the game. Critical fumbles. It's hard to criticize AM for the mistakes, cause at times it seemed as if he was the only player trying to win the game. But a crucial error in service of trying to win actually gets the team further away from the goal. And there were far too many of these.
Just as most of the offensive coaches exited, AM needed to exit as well. He had four years to make it work.
Agree with everything except the only player trying to win comment. Trying to win comes in many forms, not just on the field in games. Martinez was not a good leader at Nebraska. As I stated before his Cali-cool attitude doesn't always play well with guys in the trenches. The inability to hit open receivers usually kills the motivation of receivers. The take the ball and run option that he employed many times, also kills the motivation of open receivers. As I wrote above, whenever you saw him on the sidelines it was usually alone or only with a few dudes and I don't recall seeing him celebrating someone else's scores. He was never in anyone's face and to me gave off the vibe of you all suck and I have to do this on my own.

So I am glad he is with Kansas State and the dude who is from Sioux City, who apparently went to school at KSU, and types in italics because it reminds him of cursive writing.

Agree with everything except the only player trying to win comment. Trying to win comes in many forms, not just on the field in games. Martinez was not a good leader at Nebraska. As I stated before his Cali-cool attitude doesn't always play well with guys in the trenches. The inability to hit open receivers usually kills the motivation of receivers. The take the ball and run option that he employed many times, also kills the motivation of open receivers. As I wrote above, whenever you saw him on the sidelines it was usually alone or only with a few dudes and I don't recall seeing him celebrating someone else's scores. He was never in anyone's face and to me gave off the vibe of you all suck and I have to do this on my own.

So I am glad he is with Kansas State and the dude who is from Sioux City, who apparently went to school at KSU, and types in italics because it reminds him of cursive writing.
I didn't pay much attention to Martinez on the sideline and I don't know what he was doing when out of the stadium. My familiarity with the passing game is low, but it would suck to have a sweet set of routes executed on a play only to have him not see the best option, or possibly any of the options. And as far as the run or pass thing, just as he should have passed instead of ran, there were plays were the yardage was right in front of him if he made the decision to run. Instead he hesitated and the opportunity closed.
It didn't take the Thompson kid long to read the room, as he took the entire Oline out for steak and bowling.

Stupid fumbles, interceptions, not throwing the ball away, running out of bounds short of the first down....
Saw the guy make a lot of 1st downs with his legs and know exactly where the marker was. Lots of fumbles and INTs occurred due to lack of protection from OL and not having anyone to throw to other than 5'9" Wandale Robinson after Morgan and Spielman left.

I'll defend 2AM all day. I think he was incredibly gifted and made a ton of plays to keep us in games where an average QB wouldn't have. The dreadful mistakes that always seemed to occur in the 4th Q or on the critical drive...he has to accept some of the blame, but a lot of it fell on terrible OL play and lack of consistent talent in the WR corps.

Saw the guy make a lot of 1st downs with his legs and know exactly where the marker was. Lots of fumbles and INTs occurred due to lack of protection from OL and not having anyone to throw to other than 5'9" Wandale Robinson after Morgan and Spielman left.

I'll defend 2AM all day. I think he was incredibly gifted and made a ton of plays to keep us in games where an average QB wouldn't have. The dreadful mistakes that always seemed to occur in the 4th Q or on the critical drive...he has to accept some of the blame, but a lot of it fell on terrible OL play and lack of consistent talent in the WR corps.
Would help if receivers had a QB that could throw the ball accurately and don't give me the O line speal. Been to a game and watched QB warm-up drills? Least consistent accurate QB on the team

No. The lion's share of blame goes to Martinez.

Sorry Mr Martinez, time to go to the KSU board.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
No. The lion's share of blame goes to Martinez.
Mark Whipple Nebraska first interview. At 31:30 (last question) the question is "I talked to one of your former quarterbacks and he said we were taught to get rid of the ball fast". Whipple laughed and said, "Yeah, guys who hold onto the ball ain't getting it done. Hanging onto the ball doesn't do anybody any good".

Here is an example, running back wide open.

Mark Whipple Nebraska first interview. At 31:30 (last question) the question is "I talked to one of your former quarterbacks and he said we were taught to get rid of the ball fast". Whipple laughed and said, "Yeah, guys who hold onto the ball ain't getting it done. Hanging onto the ball doesn't do anybody any good".

yep. this was basically every single play when Frost didn't dictate that he immediately throw it to his very first read

KSU fan - THIS CLIP IS FROM HIS 34TH CAREER START!

AM was an anchor around the neck of this offense, and anyone who knows anything about football could see it plain as day. we were forced to rely on chaos because he is simply incapable of even the most remedial traditional quarterback play

guy even sucked at taking sacks

Reactions: drubendall

Garbage line wasn't willing to hold the defense for 10 seconds😅

and then AM runs right into the guy instead of stepping up in the pocket

that play is a perfect microcosm of his career here, right down to the incomprehensible ending

Reactions: Hoboken Joe
tbf, it was five seconds (6 to 11 sec in the clip). But if you are in a drop back play near the endzone and you are holding the ball at 5 seconds after snap standing in the endzone, a saftety is a real probability.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT