ADVERTISEMENT

Odom out at Mizzou

Because nobody takes contract extensions seriously anymore. Not ADs who want to fire coaches. Not coaches who want to take a better jobs. So why would anyone else?
I think you underestimate how seriously the conservative folks in Nebraska take an extra $10 million. Do you not remember how people lost their mind over Callahan's buyout of what 3-4 million. Do you know what Frost's buyout would be IF we canned him any time soon. I just don't know what you're trying to argue. Should we have just ignored "coach's hot seat"? It used to be the AD gave the old "vote of confidence" which was the kiss of death. Money talks. Bullsh## walks.

I think you underestimate how seriously the conservative folks in Nebraska take an extra $10 million. Do you not remember how people lost their mind over Callahan's buyout of what 3-4 million. Do you know what Frost's buyout would be IF we canned him any time soon. I just don't know what you're trying to argue. Should we have just ignored "coach's hot seat"? It used to be the AD gave the old "vote of confidence" which was the kiss of death. Money talks. Bullsh## walks.
Frost wasn't going to get canned anytime soon whether he got an extension or not. And let me emphasize, I do think he will get the program turned around at some point.

But if he should happen to go .500 or below each of the next three seasons, do you seriously think that extra $10 million on the liabilities side of the ledger is going to save his job? Of course not. And everybody on the planet knows it.

Frost wasn't going to get canned anytime soon whether he got an extension or not. And let me emphasize, I do think he will get the program turned around at some point.

But if he should happen to go .500 or below each of the next three seasons, do you seriously think that extra $10 million on the liabilities side of the ledger is going to save his job? Of course not. And everybody on the planet knows it.
I have never said that the extension guarantees he'll be at NU for 7 years. The extension wasn't about 3-4 years from now. It's about the here and now. NOW national bloggers and reporterettes were questioning his job security. That's been silenced. It's probably bought at least another year of silence from those clowns.

leach is still trying to get his loot.
from now on, schools should follow that model...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT