ADVERTISEMENT

Now I'm greedy...

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
....Ole Miss is killing the transfer portal...I won't even mention Captain Transfer just to the west.... has this just been waiting for the Dylan shoe to fall?

BTW....I'm not a fan of this thing...BUT if it's the game no...let's go!

Don't see how Nebraska can bring in much in the portal with the scholarship numbers where they are right now. I honestly expected a lot more than 4 departures at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Oh please God, let us get Dylan, I won't ask for anything ever again.....

arbj6J.gif

Don't see how Nebraska can bring in much in the portal with the scholarship numbers where they are right now. I honestly expected a lot more than 4 departures at this point.
I was on the georgia board for a few minutes snooping and heard someone mention they were like 30 over. So I think the OMG we need to get to 85 is just over blown. I imagine making room for big impact portal guys is just a real non issue. Rhule has also said he would be very selective.

I was on the georgia board for a few minutes snooping and heard someone mention they were like 30 over. So I think the OMG we need to get to 85 is just over blown. I imagine making room for big impact portal guys is just a real non issue. Rhule has also said he would be very selective.
All sec schools over recruit and I highly doubt they get down to 85, who’s going to enforce it? The ncaa is toothless

Savvy programs know how to work the system. Milk the walk-on status as much as possible to avoid counting against the 85 limit. Put guys on medical scholarships so they don't count against the 85. Delay full-time enrollment for one semester for obvious freshman non-contributors. Freshmen can also accept academic scholarships during redshirt seasons. It can be done.

....Ole Miss is killing the transfer portal...I won't even mention Captain Transfer just to the west.... has this just been waiting for the Dylan shoe to fall?

BTW....I'm not a fan of this thing...BUT if it's the game no...let's go!
Couldn't give less of a shit about HS recruiting and how hard it's going to be to keep anyone good for 4 years with that route. The in-season rankings are going to more and more reflect the transfer portal recruiting rankings going forward. And after what initially looked like we could make some headway there, we're now nowhere in sight.

We’re going to lose a few guys we would like to keep to develop.
Of course. We're going to lose guys every year that we'd like to keep. We're talking about present day college football here, guys change programs like my wife changes sofa pillows. Often.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Btw did you read my apology from yesterday and Dylan committed. you were correct I was wrong
Dont think I saw it. No worries. It isn’t over til they sign then they could still transfer. The Raiola’s weren’t the ones creating the drama. Years ago most of us wouldn’t have even known he was in town.

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT