ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Woche?

ADV1

Sophomore
Oct 26, 2018
Aledo, Texas
Why not give, ‪Jack Woche a shot?… Is a transfer on NU's roster from Ole Miss who obviously had some type of talent for Kiffin to bring him on… Looks to be a Dual Threat type from Texas who played his final year at IMG and won a championship and yet, no ones talking about him...

I’ve never been a fan of the QB carrousel but considering the atrocious situation NU finds itself in, what do they have to lose at this point?

What would be the problem in giving him at least a couple of series to give it a go?

Why not give, ‪Jack Woche a shot?… Is a transfer on NU's roster from Ole Miss who obviously had some type of talent for Kiffin to bring him on… Looks to be a Dual Threat type from Texas who played his final year at IMG and won a championship and yet, no ones talking about him...

I’ve never been a fan of the QB carrousel but considering the atrocious situation NU finds itself in, what do they have to lose at this point?

What would be the problem in giving him at least a couple of series to give it a go?
I assume the coaches know what he can and can't do

missing kenny mccormick GIF by South Park

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx
I'd shelve Haarberg and Sims at this point. I'd give Purdy 70% of the practice reps and the rest to the more qualified of Woche or Longval. The more I think about the last two losses, it boils down IMHO that we haven't seen a quarterback yet this year that looks like a quarterback. Like the position is natural for him.

He didn’t even start for his high school team and no the guy ahead of him wasn’t some 4 star QB. He is NOT an option. He threw 8 passes in high school. 8.

He didn’t even start for his high school team and no the guy ahead of him wasn’t some 4 star QB. He is NOT an option. He threw 8 passes in high school. 8.
Wow... ok... didn't know that... so our coaches wiffed on bringing him in as well then? why even take him and was the spot if he's not good and can't contribute

Reactions: Wasker77

Why Woche over Longval? Longval threw for more passes in high school. All this talk just proves the Huskers are in a desperate need of a good quarterback. Woche who didn’t play much, Longval who got hurt and then redshirted at a CC combined with the Top 3 on the depth chart. Not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
I'd shelve Haarberg and Sims at this point. I'd give Purdy 70% of the practice reps and the rest to the more qualified of Woche or Longval. The more I think about the last two losses, it boils down IMHO that we haven't seen a quarterback yet this year that looks like a quarterback. Like the position is natural for him.
I’ve been a supporter of HH, but he sure looks stiff to me. Doesn’t Lincoln have a hot yoga studio?

Why Woche over Longval? Longval threw for more passes in high school. All this talk just proves the Huskers are in a desperate need of a good quarterback. Woche who didn’t play much, Longval who got hurt and then redshirted at a CC combined with the Top 3 on the depth chart. Not good.
I wouldn't hate seeing Longval in there

I also wouldn't hate running the Wing-T the rest of the year, assuming Satt can coach it & HH/purdy can learn some of the ball handling needed to be effective - a giant stretch on all accounts, I know

I wouldn't hate seeing Longval in there

I also wouldn't hate running the Wing-T the rest of the year, assuming Satt can coach it & HH/purdy can learn some of the ball handling needed to be effective - a giant stretch on all accounts, I know
Wishbone.

Reactions: king_kong_
Wow... ok... didn't know that... so our coaches wiffed on bringing him in as well then? why even take him and was the spot if he's not good and can't contribute
No whiff. He’s basically an intern who throws passes in drills and helps run scout team. They knew that when they let him walk on. Longval on the other hand can play.

Longval could play and maybe be our best passer.

Honestly, at this point you could put Benhart back there and the passing efficiency wouldn't be any worse.

Most cases I think backups are a no go because they are there for a reason. This year is a rare exception where you really cannot get any worst back there no matter who you play.

Buschini!
We already know he can handle a long snap. Give him a handful of plays and we're even a threat to quick kick it on any down.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
It can always get worse. At this point, a huskerfan should know that.
I don't know. Beau Davis in 2004 @ Texas Tech would probably be more accurate than what we have currently.

This was the most self induced error game I have seen since maybe 2009 Iowa State... It's hard to get worse on offense than turning it over almost every drive.

I Give Up GIF

At some point this is on the coaches and how they work the playbook and game plan. I'm seeing enough out of EJ and Grant plus the QB run game that if they can just go back to being more decisive in the run game (Johnson has no problem here), that should open guys up on throws. But I don't think Sims and Haarberg are seeing a lot of the WR when they are open. I wasn't saying this a few weeks ago, but a portal QB might be a must.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT