ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Woche?

When HH went out and Sims was called out I though, redemption, this is his chance, what a story this will make.
And, you know, he did lead us to our only scoring drives. But dang, not only did he make egregious mistakes, they were the same ones he made in the first two games.
And another thing, I just noticed this when he was in the first two games and this last one but our motion man is literally inches from interfering when they snap the ball.

Why not give, ‪Jack Woche a shot?… Is a transfer on NU's roster from Ole Miss who obviously had some type of talent for Kiffin to bring him on… Looks to be a Dual Threat type from Texas who played his final year at IMG and won a championship and yet, no ones talking about him...

I’ve never been a fan of the QB carrousel but considering the atrocious situation NU finds itself in, what do they have to lose at this point?

What would be the problem in giving him at least a couple of series to give it a go?
Have you read his bio and looked into his experience? He did not even start in high school

Yeah their credibility is dinged up a bit.

If you got a playmaker, get him ready. Put him in a position to succeed.
What's Longval's story? I don't know anything about him.
Google him. He was fairly highly recruited but blew out his knee his senior year. I don’t know if he’ll ever play for us but I think he would be better than Matt Turman😉

Google him. He was fairly highly recruited but blew out his knee his senior year. I don’t know if he’ll ever play for us but I think he would be better than Matt Turman😉
so highly recruited he doesn't even have a rivals page

here's his 247 - not rated & zero offers at any level

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Matt Rhule would probably give his left nut for Matt Turman right now.

so highly recruited he doesn't even have a rivals page

here's his 247 - not rated & zero offers at any level

Because he didn’t play his senior year. He’s a legit walk on. Woche is not. Longval had interest from ISU and all the Dakota schools. We should be so lucky as to have the starting QBs right now for SDSU and USD.

You do realize that offers are self reported. Iowa Western’s coach said that had he stayed there he was in line to start for them.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Because he didn’t play his senior year. He’s a legit walk on. Woche is not. Longval had interest from ISU and all the Dakota schools. We should be so lucky as to have the starting QBs right now for SDSU and USD.

You do realize that offers are self reported. Iowa Western’s coach said that had he stayed there he was in line to start for them.
And you do realize non-seniors who are actual prospects garner rankings/rivals pages?

If longval can win games I’m all for playing him

And you do realize non-seniors who are actual prospects garner rankings/rivals pages?

If longval can win games I’m all for playing him
I was wrong about something. He did in fact play part of his senior season. He was offered a preferred walk on spot after working out for Nebraska at their camp. After watching him throw they offered him. He is in fact a legitimate QB. Woche is not.

I was wrong about something. He did in fact play part of his senior season. He was offered a preferred walk on spot after working out for Nebraska at their camp. After watching him throw they offered him. He is in fact a legitimate QB. Woche is not.
I believe it was about a month and a half ago or so but in one of the midweek updates Rhule said that Longval was becoming more then just a practice player.

Too many mango margaritas tonight ehhh?
Hard lemonade. Turman was tiny and was an awful passer but he still saved our season. It’s kind of relevant when you look at this year’s QB situation. Tom’s 3rd string QB was a tiny walk on at a time when he was recruiting other positions at an elite level. I don’t remember who we had below Turman.

Looked it up. Monte Christo was a soph. Frankie London a freshman. Frost was sitting out. Ryan Held was a soph.

At some point this is on the coaches and how they work the playbook and game plan. I'm seeing enough out of EJ and Grant plus the QB run game that if they can just go back to being more decisive in the run game (Johnson has no problem here), that should open guys up on throws. But I don't think Sims and Haarberg are seeing a lot of the WR when they are open. I wasn't saying this a few weeks ago, but a portal QB might be a must.
good points, but a lot of our wideouts aren't catching the balls either, or tipping them, dropping them.. the WR room has been mostly trash this year outside of a few great plays.

good points, but a lot of our wideouts aren't catching the balls either, or tipping them, dropping them.. the WR room has been mostly trash this year outside of a few great plays.
I can’t think of a single great play by a WR all year. No spectacular catches, no broken tackles, no long runs after catches in traffic

The long TDs they’ve been running all alone and hit in stride

Least explosive group in who knows how long. Opposite of what a struggling QB room needs.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
When HH went out and Sims was called out I though, redemption, this is his chance, what a story this will make.
And, you know, he did lead us to our only scoring drives. But dang, not only did he make egregious mistakes, they were the same ones he made in the first two games.
And another thing, I just noticed this when he was in the first two games and this last one but our motion man is literally inches from interfering when they snap the ball.
I was hoping at some point he would get a chance to redeem himself and actually do it.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I can’t think of a single great play by a WR all year. No spectacular catches, no broken tackles, no long runs after catches in traffic

me either.. i was trying to not stir the pot.. lol

Reactions: king_kong_
me either.. i was trying to not stir the pot.. lol
Facts are facts

Our 10 play season-long highlight reel includes a botched trick play, two long inconsequential runs in games already decided, half a dozen plays by HH and a blocked FG for a TD

That’s it

Least explosive group in who knows how long. Opposite of what a struggling QB room needs.
I think there were several plays that would have been long gainers if not a touchdown but missed assignments and they were small gains.

Facts are facts

Our 10 play season-long highlight reel includes a botched trick play, two long inconsequential runs in games already decided, half a dozen plays by HH and a blocked FG for a TD

That’s it
i agree.. and now that you mention it, heck there are only 2 more games in the season, and it's been a snoozefest as far as exciting plays this year.

i agree.. and now that you mention it, heck there are only 2 more games in the season, and it's been a snoozefest as far as exciting plays this year.
E Johnson ripped off his longest run of the season last week on a drive that ended in zero points

Pretty much sums it up

E Johnson ripped off his longest run of the season last week on a drive that ended in zero points

Pretty much sums it up
agree.. he has come on and looked like the real thing the past few weeks, but it hasn't affected a game yet. Good experience for him for next season.

was turman a turnover machine?
if not, then he's a big step up from everyone else in the qb room.
and that's all we need to win the next two.
We need someone or multiple someones to make some plays that put points on the board in addition to taking care of the ball

Every friggen play there appeared to be no motion man and I'd think thank God, then somebody would go in motion and I'd cringe as he almost got hit by the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT