ADVERTISEMENT

Njoku announcing tomorrow at 7

Based on what, exactly? He commits to his school of choice tomorrow evening. Don't Frost/Walters have the final in-home with him prior to his commitment time?
NFL family pedigree. Haven't had a good big WR in a few years. They help move the chains, factor in red zone
Best big bodies recently last ten years at NE? At or above 6'3"
Todd Peterson
Brandon Kinnie
Mo Purify
Would like to add Njoku to this class

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it if made clear above, but thought one of the podcasts said we may be sending coaches for a visit tomorrow... which means good news for us, unless it’s canceled. His comments about both schools gave me a good feeling about it. But I don’t try and pretend like I know what recruits are thinking.

I think he’d be an excellent pickup.
That's what I thought. We were supposed to visit tomorrow. But things can change.

It appears Njuko is a no but rising with Houston...I am VERY okay with this if we can get him

Based on what, exactly? He commits to his school of choice tomorrow evening. Don't Frost/Walters have the final in-home with him prior to his commitment time?
NFL family pedigree. Haven't had a good big WR in a few years. They help move the chains, factor in red zone
Best big bodies recently last ten years at NE? At or above 6'3"
Todd Peterson
Brandon Kinnie
Mo Purify
Would like to add Njoku to this class
Enunwa!!

I don’t care if it’s Demariyon Houston or Charles Njoku. Either one will work and We will find out soon enough. My only guess this far is Pola-Mao being a Husker for sure. Looks like we are his only visit scheduled (unless Rivals and 24/7 didn’t list any others). Getting a 6’3 300 pound plus 4 star DT is always a bonus for us.

I don’t care if it’s Demariyon Houston or Charles Njoku. Either one will work and We will find out soon enough. My only guess this far is Pola-Mao being a Husker for sure. Looks like we are his only visit scheduled (unless Rivals and 24/7 didn’t list any others). Getting a 6’3 300 pound plus 4 star DT is always a bonus for us.

If they can get them, I believe the staff may take Jordan and Parker over MPM (although I think we need a true NT in this class personally)

Reactions: HominidHusker
Wonder if Frost back off ,Because of Chip Kelly was hot after this kid and Scout thinks he owes this piece of crap coach for his time at Oregon?

It’s just nice that we are in a position where we have backup plans. We have more quality recruits on our board than we have spots.

Let the chips fall where they may. GBR

Reactions: HominidHusker
It appears Njuko is a no but rising with Houston...I am VERY okay with this if we can get him
I'm fine with it too. IF we want a taller slower WR I think we've got 10 walk ons that can fill that role. Joking but I do think to my eyes Houston is a better fit for Frost's offense. JMHO and I trust Frost's judgement. The other thought I had was that maybe Frost thought Njuko would grow in to a TE like his older brother. I am not at all worried about our WR recruiting.

I'm fine with it too. IF we want a taller slower WR I think we've got 10 walk ons that can fill that role. Joking but I do think to my eyes Houston is a better fit for Frost's offense. JMHO and I trust Frost's judgement. The other thought I had was that maybe Frost thought Njuko would grow in to a TE like his older brother. I am not at all worried about our WR recruiting.

Yep

Njuko's measureables are basically Hickman's...we already have "this guy" on campus from this class.

Excited about Houston and his fit

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm not sure that they would pass on a potential OLB pass rusher for a maybe grad transfer. JMHO. Bird in hand worth 2 in a bush.

I was referencing possible pass on MPM by taking Jordan and Parker along with Houston IF available

We wanted Houston over him the whole time anyways....

Ain’t that right guys? ;)
Well is sounds as if something didn't go well on his official visit. After the visit, the NU staff apparently lowered their attention level on him. Did he tell them he wasn't interested on the visit or did something happen that made them cool on him? The last option would be that they decided after seeing the kid interact on campus that they wanted Houston more. Dunno.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
We wanted Houston over him the whole time anyways....

Ain’t that right guys? ;)
I know when I read an article about Njoku, Houston and Cager, it sounded to me like Houston would be the best guy, in part because Njoku was expected to still grow and could be more of a tight end, which we have in spades.

So yes, I wanted Houston over Njoku the whole time. :)

If they can get them, I believe the staff may take Jordan and Parker over MPM (although I think we need a true NT in this class personally)

I’m assuming that’s YOUR guess. There is no way Frost doesn’t take Pola-Mao. There’s a reason Pola-Gates had already picked us and signed and coming with his cousin on his trip. I get it though, to some of you, you guys want a few other options first. But Frost isn’t going to listen to us, he’s going to do what he feels is best for our team. Sorry but I completely disagree, Pola-Mao is the one for sure one we have right now. Hell he might take Jordan and Parker and Pola-Mao.

Reactions: cmblizz96
Well is sounds as if something didn't go well on his official visit. After the visit, the NU staff apparently lowered their attention level on him. Did he tell them he wasn't interested on the visit or did something happen that made them cool on him? The last option would be that they decided after seeing the kid interact on campus that they wanted Houston more. Dunno.
Who ever Frost wants is who I want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT