ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Issue

regoratsginrom

Blackshirt
May 15, 2004
I keep seeing messages about NIL and having to “spend more.” Is the issue that we don’t have the money or are we just not willing to spend it? If there’s a pool of money, who makes that call? Is it Davison? Rhule? AD? How does that work?

Honestly can’t answer the questions you posed. What I do know for certain is that former players Matt Davison and Trev Alberts will f*ck it up.

I keep seeing messages about NIL and having to “spend more.” Is the issue that we don’t have the money or are we just not willing to spend it? If there’s a pool of money, who makes that call? Is it Davison? Rhule? AD? How does that work?
The school isn’t supposed to be involved at all but you know the Michigans and other cheaters aren’t abiding by any of that.

I think we had more NIL money sitting on the bench, than playing in the game yesterday so we should be smarter about who the money goes to.

I think you're seeing many of things posted about NIL here are by people who don't know what they are talking about. They hate Trev and are jealous of Davidson and they have a free account here so they let it tip.

NU has NIL available to get Guys, we do not have NIL available to get the top tier Dudes

Yeah it would be interesting to know how the pool is divided up. I would assume the money making sports would have a substantial amount of the allotment. Then each coach would have the say in how the money is spent.

It could also be that once a player is identified and the player's $$$ wants/needs are decided then the coach has to go to the NIL. I would hope this isn't the case because this could cause issues between the coach/NIL/boosters.

I see this down the road having to go to some sort of salary cap for each sport. The way it seems to be structured now is unsustainable in my opinion.

I never thought NIL was ever going to be some kind of godsend for Nebraska football. I guess if 100,000 Nebraska fans sent $300/$400 a year each to the fund, it might do some good. I doubt Missouri, K-State, Kansas, Liberty, James Madison, UNLV, New Mexico State, or Toledo have any or much more football NIL money in the coffers than does UNL. Then again, maybe they do. I'm just not sold on it being the difference maker many thought it would/could be.

Last edited:
And you know this how?
I could be inferred from what we’ve seen. Have we had anyone transfer in that was as good as Wandale who transferred out? Why did that Stanford OL flip his transfer commit from NU to OU?

I could be inferred from what we’ve seen. Have we had anyone transfer in that was as good as Wandale who transferred out? Why did that Stanford OL flip his transfer commit from NU to OU?
I would say Trey Palmer, but he came because of Mickey. We didn’t exactly buy him from the open market.

Reactions: king_kong_
Ready for @Tetonia to chime in here. Seems he knows all there is to know about this subject.
Hey fellas :)

There’s money being currently Not Spent as the Dept is (allegedly) finding a legal way around 1890 to distribute funds. I don’t understand the politics, to be fair, but did get that from a fairly reliable source (works for the athletic department). If that’s wrong, we’re f*cked. Truly. We’re NOT gonna be competitive in this conference, and will be arguably a lot worse with the talent coming into it (what, FOUR teams all way better than anyone in our current division), unless we pay to put athletes on the field. It’s really, truly, as simple as that.

Reactions: BleedRed78
That was because of God!

why don't these organizations make players earn their money? like you know, don't just give it away for nothing. you don't perform, you don't get paid.

why don't these organizations make players earn their money? like you know, don't just give it away for nothing. you don't perform, you don't get paid.

I believe by law NIL deals can’t be performance based.

NU has NIL available to get Guys, we do not have NIL available to get the top tier Dudes

From what I’ve been told we are spreading our NIL money too thin. We’re trying to be equitable and make sure everyone gets a little something and that doesn’t leave enough left to get the top guys. How much truth there is to that, IDK, but I’ve heard that said by multiple people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT