ADVERTISEMENT

My simple NIL/Portal solution

In this system, i have no idea how most teams can ever compete. Any pleayer they have who is good will leave. They will become farm teams for alabama.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don't believe any of those evaluations. I don't think these recruiting websites get offers right half time. No way they are correctly guessing salaries with all kind of variables.
Salaries aren’t published… but name a better metric. G’head. All agree it isn’t ’what they’re paid’. Our highest valued player is Carter, and he hasn’t played yet. Doesn’t change the fact he’s one of best raw talent on our team. He should be paid accordingly, or ND will.

Salaries aren’t published… but name a better metric. G’head. All agree it isn’t ’what they’re paid’. Our highest valued player is Carter, and he hasn’t played yet. Doesn’t change the fact he’s one of best raw talent on our team. He should be paid accordingly, or ND will.
Probably isn't a better metric but I still doubt it's even remotely accurate.

TULANE has a QB that probably being paid more than our entire offense.
Tulane has a ton of rich alumni. But I still doubt that's true. Regardless, you'll keep beating the NIL drum. So carry on. I don't want to get in the way of your personal narrative.

Tulane has a ton of rich alumni. But I still doubt that's true. Regardless, you'll keep beating the NIL drum. So carry on. I don't want to get in the way of your personal narrative.
Eh. Not much else to do but wait and see, I guess. Turning my attention to basketball… pre-conference has them as a tourney-team.

the opportunistic are taking advantage too, as they should. So should we, even in our limited capacity. As we're being drastically out-spent by much smaller-market teams.
Who is out-spending us that is much smaller? Where does this data exist?

Reactions: mgbreis
The Nebraska NIL 1890 initiative , is total crap. I am so sick of reading that Nebraska is in the upper class of the NIL schools. If I hear Rhule say it, I swear I’ll say he’s on the take! We should have the money to get a good quarterback, receiver and a lineman. If recruiting goes as well as it looks we don’t need a dozen portal players just a couple two or three. Simms and Hutmacher are the only ones I’ve heard getting anything from the. NIL, When this NIL crap came out every reporter in the state bragged about what good shape we were in. We lost two good linemen in the portal last year because we couldn’t put out the money. Throw 400 million in the stadium renovation, then find away to put 100 million into the NIL, you’d get a lot more bang for your buck! Non one in the 80’s or 90’s complained about the seating because we got “improved fan experience” on the field of play.

Last edited:
How much have you donated? Who is putting in this 100 million?
Show me one article from your vast archive that shows where to contribute. Show me one article that shows where the 1890 initiative gets their money. The price of my ticket should be enough, but if not please tell me how much 1890 initiative has so I can determine the amount I‘m able to contribute. The point of what I was saying is there is no transparency about this NIL or the 1890 initiative. No one says we’ve helped x number of players with an estimated x amount. They just say “we’re leading the way”. The University wants to refurbish the stadium to make it more fan friendly, how about the product on the field making the game more fan friendly. In the 80’s and 90’s there weren’t allot of people complaining about the seating in the stadium. The school gets their money from the state and big donors to refurbish the stadium, aren’t the same donors giving to the NIL, no one says other than Matt Davison saying what a big help the 1890 initiative is!

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Show me one article from your vast archive that shows where to contribute. Show me one article that shows where the 1890 initiative gets their money. The price of my ticket should be enough, but if not please tell me how much 1890 initiative has so I can determine the amount I‘m able to contribute. The point of what I was saying is there is no transparency about this NIL or the 1890 initiative. No one says we’ve helped x number of players with an estimated x amount. They just say “we’re leading the way”. The University wants to refurbish the stadium to make it more fan friendly, how about the product on the field making the game more fan friendly. In the 80’s and 90’s there weren’t allot of people complaining about the seating in the stadium. The school gets their money from the state and big donors to refurbish the stadium, aren’t the same donors giving to the NIL, no one says other than Matt Davison saying what a big help the 1890 initiative is!
I don’t have to explain anything to you. I don’t donate to NIL so I’m smart enough to keep my yap shut about it instead of bitching while I’m doing nothing about it. People are working themselves into a frenzy about NIL while simultaneously admitting they don’t know Jack shit about it.

I don’t have to explain anything to you. I don’t donate to NIL so I’m smart enough to keep my yap shut about it instead of bitching while I’m doing nothing about it. People are working themselves into a frenzy about NIL while simultaneously admitting they don’t know Jack shit about it.
Good comment, thank you for admitting what you don’t know, so many other pundits on this sight fail to acknowledge how little they actually know, very insightful on your part! Again, my criticism isn’t about you or what you don’t know, my criticism is about a media that ballyhoos how well other schools have the NIL support when a year ago they all praised our program. I don’t care about the NIL, I want to see them get back to player development and a team identity. Everything else will get worked out eventually with the right leadership

Good comment, thank you for admitting what you don’t know, so many other pundits on this sight fail to acknowledge how little they actually know, very insightful on your part! Again, my criticism isn’t about you or what you don’t know, my criticism is about a media that ballyhoos how well other schools have the NIL support when a year ago they all praised our program. I don’t care about the NIL, I want to see them get back to player development and a team identity. Everything else will get worked out eventually with the right leadership
You’re clueless. You start off with the idiotic statement “find a way to put 100 million into the NIL” and now you end with “I don’t care about NIL.” Which one is it Genius?

1890nebraska.com has all the information you want and if not there’s an easy contact us fill in page. There’s ads all over for 1890. Google is your friend.

Reactions: mgbreis
You’re clueless. You start off with the idiotic statement “find a way to put 100 million into the NIL” and now you end with “I don’t care about NIL.” Which one is it Genius?
Quit trolling, if the school can find away to get 500 million for renovation, you don’t think that brain trust along with the media could find away to boost NIL. Please, if you don’t like a post drop it.

Quit trolling, if the school can find away to get 500 million for renovation, you don’t think that brain trust along with the media could find away to boost NIL. Please, if you don’t like a post drop it.
Here's the way it works; you can say whatever you want on here. If someone questions you and you act like a baby instead of answering the questions, expect some pushback. You don't get do decide who says what. I'm not trolling, I asked a reasonable question and you threw a tantrum.

To have a good team, you need a stud QB and you need stud wide receivers. Every other position group is manageable without spending a ton of money. My NIL solution is this:

Each and every year we need to earmark:
$1-2 million for the qb position.
$1-2 million for receivers
$1-2 million for studs at other positions
$1-2 million for general NIL collective and to keep all the other players on the roster happy.

Of course, this is with the assumption that the quality of players is actually worth that value in the market. If we can't afford this, we should just fold up the program now...

To have a good team, you need a stud QB and you need stud wide receivers. Every other position group is manageable without spending a ton of money. My NIL solution is this:

Each and every year we need to earmark:
$1-2 million for the qb position.
$1-2 million for receivers
$1-2 million for studs at other positions
$1-2 million for general NIL collective and to keep all the other players on the roster happy.

Of course, this is with the assumption that the quality of players is actually worth that value in the market. If we can't afford this, we should just fold up the program now...
You think DL, edge, and OT are manageable without spending a lot of money?

You think DL, edge, and OT are manageable without spending a lot of money?
Looks like it. We've got Nash, Ty, and some decent edge rushers for next year, and I don't think any of them are demanding a ton of money. For the edge we've got Princewell, Williams, Butler, etc. If we can find and develop guys like that, we don't need to spend a bunch of money. Iowa can produce top 10 defenses year in and out and I don't think their NIL value is very high on that side of the ball either. For OL, that's an easy position to develop, so we don't need absolute top flight guys. We should be able to find solid OTs without shelling out a boatload of money. QB, WR, and RB is where talent trumps all, that's who we should be shelling out for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT