ADVERTISEMENT

Nightmare

The_Glove_Man

Senior
Jun 9, 2010
Madison, WI
Wasn't sure if I should post this, in case some are superstitious, but it's the off-season, what else am I gonna do?

I had a dream last night that I had forgotten what time the first game of the season (against New Mexico State for some reason) started. Ran and turned on the TV, it was the middle of the third quarter, we were losing 47-6. And then we got stuffed on an option play at our own goal line, safety, 49-6.

I turned off the TV and said, "That's the last CFB game I'm watching in 2022."

The part that felt the most unrealistic was me not knowing when the Husker game started.

Some people put a lot of stock in dreams. Not me, it's just the mind refreshing itself and can be influenced by many things including prescription drugs.

Some people put a lot of stock in dreams. Not me, it's just the mind refreshing itself and can be influenced by many things including prescription drugs.

Agree. For years as a kid i was chased by quick sand and dinosaurs that could only follow a dirt road. Pretty sure that's not gonna come true.

Almost posted this last week but I'll just add it to this thread. I dreamed I was watching the Northwestern game in Ireland. The strange part of my dream was the fact that it reminded me of an old class D high school football game. Not the players but the field. The TV screen was so dark it was hard to watch. Kept messing with my picture adjustments but never got better. There were only a couple small banks of lights on each side of the field. The camera angle was as if the camera man was standing on the sideline. I couldn't believe what I was seeing but I remember the "ABC" logo was in the corner of the screen.

But that wasn't the strangest part. At the back of the end zone, there was like a temporary plywood wall erected with the TV announcers and control room guys with their electronics sitting at tables with windows cut out of the plywood for them to look through and call the game.

Game itself was very much in the background of the dream. I remember we went ahead 41-38 late in the game but then NW drove down easily and took the lead with only a couple minutes left. Must have woke up because that's the last I remember.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT