ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone still drinking the Rhuleaid?

Landomatic

Junior
Nov 11, 2022
Because if not, I'll take every last drop you got. And I'll lick the carafe it was served in.

Seriously, you can all fvck straight off with all this negativity. It was one game. Our first fvcking game. If we'd have won the exact same game by 1 point, you'd all be here sucking Rhule's dick for such a tough win, such a hard win, so much fight, blah, blah blah.

It didn't work out. Lots more games to play. I saw improvement over the last 2 regimes. And if you didn't, you suck at watching football.

Do we have some very serious roster weaknesses? FVCK YEAH!!! Did we have some serious coaching question marks? Oh, hell yeah!! Including Matt Rhule? You're damn right! There's room for improvement, for sure. But, give Rhule some time. It's headed in the right direction.

How long has the stripper's husband been coaching that gopher team? How long have those guys been playing together? How long have they all been in that PROGRAM? We don't have that...YET.

Expect some extreme roster turnover, expect some coaching turnover, expect some tough losses, but you damn well better expect this thing to get turned around, because it will. And Matt mother fvcking Rhule will be the guy to do it.

Rhule's got this shit! Maybe the wins don't all come this year, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. We'll see improvement and changes across the board (coaches and players) and get back to who we are. Get on board or get the fvck out of the way...and I'll take your leftover Rhuleaide.

Outside of hiring Deion Sanders, Matt Rhule is the best hire we could have possibly made. (I just threw this last part in to see guys like @headcard 's head explode 😂 )

I don't have a problem with Rhule, other than if he's going to play a turnover machine at QB, he needs to realize it and call plays accordingly.

And now back to our regularly scheduled airing of The Johnny SuperFan Contest!

One game and too many are losing their $&it…
Ridiculous.. Pissed why we lost another game we should have won but I’m not jumping off the bridge in one season when it’s obvious we don’t have quality QB’s in our program yet..

Because if not, I'll take every last drop you got. And I'll lick the carafe it was served in.

Seriously, you can all fvck straight off with all this negativity. It was one game. Our first fvcking game. If we'd have won the exact same game by 1 point, you'd all be here sucking Rhule's dick for such a tough win, such a hard win, so much fight, blah, blah blah.

It didn't work out. Lots more games to play. I saw improvement over the last 2 regimes. And if you didn't, you suck at watching football.

Do we have some very serious roster weaknesses? FVCK YEAH!!! Did we have some serious coaching question marks? Oh, hell yeah!! Including Matt Rhule? You're damn right! There's room for improvement, for sure. But, give Rhule some time. It's headed in the right direction.

How long has the stripper's husband been coaching that gopher team? How long have those guys been playing together? How long have they all been in that PROGRAM? We don't have that...YET.

Expect some extreme roster turnover, expect some coaching turnover, expect some tough losses, but you damn well better expect this thing to get turned around, because it will. And Matt mother fvcking Rhule will be the guy to do it.

Rhule's got this shit! Maybe the wins don't all come this year, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. We'll see improvement and changes across the board (coaches and players) and get back to who we are. Get on board or get the fvck out of the way...and I'll take your leftover Rhuleaide.

Outside of hiring Deion Sanders, Matt Rhule is the best hire we could have possibly made. (I just threw this last part in to see guys like @headcard 's head explode 😂 )
I'm not out on Rhule at all. I still think he'll get things turned around, I was just hoping a miracle would happen and we'd get off to a good start with a W. But nope, Nebraska has to do things the hard way. Always.

I'm good with the negativity. The Nebraska fanbase has earned the right to bitch. Six (6!) motherhumping losing seasons in a row and if you have us over .500 this year you're delusional at this point. Sorry, Rhule had to know coming in that another losing season would go over like dogshit in the punch bowl. It's not his fault, but its just how it is.

Just wondering...at the same time you criticize those that believe there is a chance that things will stay the same after seeing this game performance, how can you be so sure things are " headed in the right direction"?

I will continue to drink the Rhule aide..for now. But what was SO FRUSTRATING was that game was SO WINNABLE. To me It doesn't matter this is the first game, or how long Minny has been rowing the boat, or whatever. It matters that a very winnable game was lost by mistakes coaches and players who have played/coached the game their whole lives should not have made. Saying so my be negative, but this is a business now and I can think of more than seventy million reasons and lots of NIL money why last night should not have happened.

I pretty much avoid the board after losses because of how ridiculously apocalyptic so many posters get when we lose a game. There was a lot to be pleased with last night.

1) Defense was pretty much lights out. Their touchdown came on an amazing pass and catch. Hard hitting and gang tackles. Very few missed tackles. For being in a totally new scheme, very few if any blown assignments. They held up very, very well. Should ease the worry that some had that it wouldn't hold up against smashmouth B1G football.

2) Special Teams play was night and day different from last year. Coverage teams played especially well. Punting was good. Alvaro only had two opportunities, but hit them both. Maybe we finally have a consistent kicker. Almost broke a kickoff return.

3) Our Oline actually got some push. Even seemed like we were wearing them down a bit as the game went on. Still needs improvement, but I can tell that Raiola and Satterfield are much more on the same page than Raiola and our OC last year (can't even remember his name).

Our offense definitely needs work, but despite a 4 to 1 turnover margin, we still should have won. There were lots of little things that cost us the game. Take away two false starts and we score two more touchdowns. Those things should be fairly easy fixes for a competent coaching staff and we finally have one.

Our D will give us a chance in most if not all games if they continue to improve. If our O can consistently improve, we are going to win some games. Don't see a lot of blowouts in our future, but we should be competitive with pretty much everyone if our D continues to play like they did last night. And, again, that was their first game in the 3-3-5.

I have a lot of confidence that we will continue to improve as the season goes on. I haven't felt that way in a long time.

Love me some Rhule-aid.

Last edited:

I remember my first beer

Like most people I didn't like the play calling in the 4th quarter. Matt is aware of our history of blowing close games but he hasn't truly felt the fan base frustration til now. I'm sure we'll make a nice jump in game 2. Minnesota is a decent program and a challenge going on the road right away in a night game. After much frustration I'm starting to feel a little better. Lol I just have to keep reminding myself that it'll take several games before Rhule really gets some traction. He's a smart dude and we'll be ok. Still think we go bowling this year.

I don't think too many have a serious problem with Rhule himself. It's a couple of his assistant coaching hires on offense.

Yep. Every offensive assistant is unqualified to coach at a program with our budget. Hiring a 23 year old kid with no experience because his Dad was a friend of his, that was a major red flag. Keeping Raiola was even an even worse decision.

Very aggressive. When we fvck off where do we go?

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

I guess I’m more of a taster instead of drinker, I like what I hear and was pretty happy with the defense and special teams the offense is a work in progress but it’s hard to get the bad taste out of my mouth after watching the Scott frost debacle and most of the mike Riley era

I guess I’m more of a taster instead of drinker, I like what I hear and was pretty happy with the defense and special teams the offense is a work in progress but it’s hard to get the bad taste out of my mouth after watching the Scott frost debacle and most of the mike Riley era
If you have half a brain you think that way , I mean really. How many times does somebody let you down till you become guarded. It's just common sense.

I'm not out on Rhule at all. I still think he'll get things turned around, I was just hoping a miracle would happen and we'd get off to a good start with a W. But nope, Nebraska has to do things the hard way. Always.

I'm good with the negativity. The Nebraska fanbase has earned the right to bitch. Six (6!) motherhumping losing seasons in a row and if you have us over .500 this year you're delusional at this point. Sorry, Rhule had to know coming in that another losing season would go over like dogshit in the punch bowl. It's not his fault, but its just how it is.
We need players on both side of the ball to step up and make a big play, on fourth and ten someone needs to say I’m beating my block and get a sack or at least hurry the quarterback into making a bad throw same on offense need a lineman to decide I’m going to pancake the guy across from me and spring the running back for a big gain it’s just the first game but we need the players to make a gut check and decide to get nasty

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Are you telling me you think it will take more than one game to turn around a program that hasn’t made a bowl game in 5 years?

Of course the loss was infuriating. Stupid decisions by players and staff happened. Some of them being to same damn thing that has beaten us for years. But there was definitely some positive things to take away. There were so many holes to plug. It’s going to take more than a spring, a fall and a game to turn it around completely.

I don't think too many have a serious problem with Rhule himself. It's a couple of his assistant coaching hires on offense.
I had a problem with 2 play calls in particular last night where we went pass pass and 3 and out. After listening to a smarter football guy than me today I feel better about those play calls. The deep ball was there but either the route was off or the throw was off. My first impression was poor adjustment by the WR. The second play was wide open for a huge gain but the ball was batted down. Satterfield wanted a dagger but those play calls weren’t bad calls. My biggest beef with any coach was Grant being in the game on that late drive.

Yeah, me too. Now, I believe that once you get to college you are who you are in terms of passing and Sims is who he is.
His accuracy wasn’t terrible so maybe they can fix the locking on receivers. He didn’t see that DB in the endzone and he got hit low on another INT if I remember right. Work in process

Reactions: bigboxes
Anyone that is really upset that we lost a game that most thought we would needs a reality check. We weren’t favored and nearly pulled off an upset on the road.

This season is going to be a bumpy ride. I don't expect any major miracles but want to see the turnovers and silly mistakes reduced as the season moves on.

Completely agree. Too many fans are losing their shit over one game that we basically won anyways. (Ervin scored) I’m not even out on Sims because again, it’s one game. Too many people trashing him after one game. We’ve seen him have much better games. He threw the same amount of interceptions last night as he did last season. I’m not sold on Satt and we definitely needed to run the ball more

Anyone that is really upset that we lost a game that most thought we would needs a reality check. We weren’t favored and nearly pulled off an upset on the road.

This season is going to be a bumpy ride. I don't expect any major miracles but want to see the turnovers and silly mistakes reduced as the season moves on.
I THINK...that they are upset BECAUSE we had that game won and lost it.

So it hurts more.

I THINK...that they are upset BECAUSE we had that game won and lost it.

So it hurts more.
I don’t know what hurts more, being Nebraska and losing when you should have won. Or be Florida and look completely inept, having 8 men on the field during a FG, and having -28 yards rushing.

One is crushing. The other robs you of hope. At least we still have hope.

Watching Michigan State right now and they also look pretty hopeless. Mel Tucker should put Kenneth Walker in his will.

I agree I definitely hurts but the season is far from over.
Yeah, we as a collective fan base are used to deflecting and rationalizing that there is plenty of season left to play (read...all our goals are in front of us) until there is hardly any season left. Then we start thinking about next year. I guess I was kinda, sorta hoping throwing more than 72 million at the problem would break this vicious cycle, but after this first winnable loss I'm losing confidence it will and we will once again be Charlie Brown trying to kick Lucy's football.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT