ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone still drinking the Rhuleaid?

Anyone that is really upset that we lost a game that most thought we would needs a reality check. We weren’t favored and nearly pulled off an upset on the road.

This season is going to be a bumpy ride. I don't expect any major miracles but want to see the turnovers and silly mistakes reduced as the season moves on.
New staff. Completely new systems. New QB. Iffy depth on the D line. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the D played. IF we had taken care of the football that’s a 10 point + win.

I don’t know what hurts more, being Nebraska and losing when you should have won. Or be Florida and look completely inept, having 8 men on the field during a FG, and having -28 yards rushing.

One is crushing. The other robs you of hope. At least we still have hope.

Watching Michigan State right now and they also look pretty hopeless. Mel Tucker should put Kenneth Walker in his will.
Oh my god, that Mel Tucker contract was the biggest overreaction ever. With that said, good for him, take every penny!

And UF is a ****ing mess!

I don’t know what hurts more, being Nebraska and losing when you should have won. Or be Florida and look completely inept, having 8 men on the field during a FG, and having -28 yards rushing.

Watching Michigan State right now and they also look pretty hopeless. Mel Tucker should put Kenneth Walker in his will.
Miami vs Miami is slog as well

Not selling our tickets just yet, lol. BUT, the lack of talent WE STILL HAVE was on display. I think they showed some tenacity that’s been lacking, just TACKLING was quite obviously better, Special Teams better, but as of this moment we possess average talent that isn’t (ever) gonna be ‘dominant’. Can’t be consistently, in this league. Hoping for 6 wins and I think that’s a realistic ceiling this season.

MAYBE, HOPEFULLY some visible improvement in the ol’ win category leads to some measurable improvement in recruiting… we’re still gonna be sub top-25 this year. Don’t care what y’all wanna opine on how much better a coach this guy is… he’s not gonna be dominant in the ever-expanding BiG without acquiring dominant Talent.

Name one period of time when we’ve been consistently dominant in ANY conference without top-10 talent….

I was there in the mid 90’s. Went to every game. We were dominant… with dominant talent.

Not selling our tickets just yet, lol. BUT, the lack of talent WE STILL HAVE was on display. I think they showed some tenacity that’s been lacking, just TACKLING was quite obviously better, Special Teams better, but as of this moment we possess average talent that isn’t (ever) gonna be ‘dominant’. Can’t be consistently, in this league. Hoping for 6 wins and I think that’s a realistic ceiling this season.

MAYBE, HOPEFULLY some visible improvement in the ol’ win category leads to some measurable improvement in recruiting… we’re still gonna be sub top-25 this year. Don’t care what y’all wanna opine on how much better a coach this guy is… he’s not gonna be dominant in the ever-expanding BiG without acquiring dominant Talent.

Name one period of time when we’ve been consistently dominant in ANY conference without top-10 talent….

I was there in the mid 90’s. Went to every game. We were dominant… with dominant talent.
We’re several years away from being a 10 win team. The way Rhule attacks recruiting through I think he’ll get it done

Because if not, I'll take every last drop you got. And I'll lick the carafe it was served in.

Seriously, you can all fvck straight off with all this negativity. It was one game. Our first fvcking game. If we'd have won the exact same game by 1 point, you'd all be here sucking Rhule's dick for such a tough win, such a hard win, so much fight, blah, blah blah.

It didn't work out. Lots more games to play. I saw improvement over the last 2 regimes. And if you didn't, you suck at watching football.

Do we have some very serious roster weaknesses? FVCK YEAH!!! Did we have some serious coaching question marks? Oh, hell yeah!! Including Matt Rhule? You're damn right! There's room for improvement, for sure. But, give Rhule some time. It's headed in the right direction.

How long has the stripper's husband been coaching that gopher team? How long have those guys been playing together? How long have they all been in that PROGRAM? We don't have that...YET.

Expect some extreme roster turnover, expect some coaching turnover, expect some tough losses, but you damn well better expect this thing to get turned around, because it will. And Matt mother fvcking Rhule will be the guy to do it.

Rhule's got this shit! Maybe the wins don't all come this year, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. We'll see improvement and changes across the board (coaches and players) and get back to who we are. Get on board or get the fvck out of the way...and I'll take your leftover Rhuleaide.

Outside of hiring Deion Sanders, Matt Rhule is the best hire we could have possibly made. (I just threw this last part in to see guys like @headcard 's head explode 😂 )
I agree we have no idea how good Minnesota is plus no idea what they can fix. Lots of teams suck early while still finding their footing. My only disappointment is not sticking with the running game and then in a critical moment passing on 3rd and 3 instead of running it.

I am in the extreme minority who thinks Tucker is a good coach

Florida played a top 10 team in a top 5 tough place to play in the country to open with a dogshit B1G retread under center - lots going against them last night

Florida played a top 10 team in a top 5 tough place to play in the country to open with a dogshit B1G retread under center - lots going against them last night
Tucker WAS a good coach, then he did the right thing...he signed a winning lotto ticket.

Basically that dude lived the dream.

Anyone still drinking the Rhuleaid?​

doug-kenney-what-the-hell-are-we-supposed-to-do.gif

There is no excuse to have 8 players on the field for a play instead of 11. If that was Nebraska we would all be saying our staff has no idea what they’re doing.

Panthers fans are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. I can see why Rhule failed there. They never had a QB.
Kyle Allen, washed-up Cam Newton trying to make a comeback, Teddy Bridgewater. Their OL was one of the worst in the league. Their superstar RB couldn’t stay healthy, partially because of the OL. Their idiot owner was too busy trying to get funding for a dome stadium outside of Charlotte to even pay attention to the product on the field. Rhule had very little to work with in Carolina.

Kyle Allen, washed-up Cam Newton trying to make a comeback, Teddy Bridgewater. Their OL was one of the worst in the league. Their superstar RB couldn’t stay healthy, partially because of the OL. Their idiot owner was too busy trying to get funding for a dome stadium outside of Charlotte to even pay attention to the product on the field. Rhule had very little to work with in Carolina.
Yeah but Rhule didn't do himself any favors either. He missed on a lot of his draft picks during his tenure as Panthers head coach. You could argue he doesn't pick the team as a head coach though.

It’s okay to be upset with the performance on Thursday, players and coaches, and still on board with coach Rhule. Ugh, this is why we are stuck with a 2 party system in America. No depth of thought.

Just wondering...at the same time you criticize those that believe there is a chance that things will stay the same after seeing this game performance, how can you be so sure things are " headed in the right direction"?
Did you see how that defense played? 3 points in the first half, 13 total points! Last season that same quarterback came in the second half and hung 20 on our defense and he was only able to muster out 13 all day this year. The Oline IMO looked tougher, especially on those designed QB runs. Now those RPOs, the line still looks confused on assignments. This team would have folded last year if what happened at the end of the first half. Instead, they came out in the second half and put 7 on the board on their first drive. That right there showed me the difference in coaching and the direction this team is heading.

Reactions: BleedRed78
1) Defense was pretty much lights out. Their touchdown came on an amazing pass and catch. Hard hitting and gang tackles. Very few missed tackles. For being in a totally new scheme, very few if any blown assignments. They held up very, very well. Should ease the worry that some had that it wouldn't hold up against smashmouth B1G football.

2) Special Teams play was night and day different from last year. Coverage teams played especially well. Punting was good. Alvaro only had two opportunities, but hit them both. Maybe we finally have a consistent kicker. Almost broke a kickoff return.

3) Our Oline actually got some push. Even seemed like we were wearing them down a bit as the game went on. Still needs improvement, but I can tell that Raiola and Satterfield are much more on the same page than Raiola and our OC last year (can't even remember his name).
Couldn't agree more with all three points. The defense hasn't looked that good since Pelini. Special Teams went from "special" (aka riding the short bus) to actually special, in that they helped the team. And the O-line, as you pointed out, but few have noticed, actually started wearing down the Minnesota defense. We haven't seen that since Frank Solich. There were some first-game mistakes, and Sims has to stop trying to win by himself and trust his teammates. These things are fixable.

it appears Prime has thrown quite a turd in the Rhuleaid bowl

I love Rhule, I just wonder about his O.C. hire and I am totally frustrated with him keeping our O-line coach.

I believe strongly that we will see a quarterback transfer come in again next off season and we will have a new line coach. If we don't see both those things, either they have turned it around OR Rhule is not the coach I thought he was.

Reactions: 1Ramsker3
I was never drinking it to begin with. Especially after that statement loss and Coach Prime’s statement win.

Looking forward to reading all the excuses on here over the next few years!

I was never drinking it to begin with. Especially after that statement loss and Coach Prime’s statement win.

we've got another chance to notch a statement road win next week

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan

Glad that brings you joy I guess…

Reactions: Laner2
I'm pretty much in the same boat as I was the day the hire was announced - wait and see. Hope I'm wrong, but this season's pretty much looking like a write off (Minnesota is terrible) - the next two recruiting cycles will tell the tale of Rhule's tenure here.

I guess I’m more of a taster instead of drinker, I like what I hear and was pretty happy with the defense and special teams the offense is a work in progress but it’s hard to get the bad taste out of my mouth after watching the Scott frost debacle and most of the mike Riley era
When I first read this I thought you said you were more of a tazer instead of a drinker. Wasn't sure how to react to that. Now that I've reread it I'm less nervous.

I love Rhule, I just wonder about his O.C. hire and I am totally frustrated with him keeping our O-line coach.

I believe strongly that we will see a quarterback transfer come in again next off season and we will have a new line coach. If we don't see both those things, either they have turned it around OR Rhule is not the coach I thought he was.
It's always next year, every year

Reactions: ssmill777

Jump off a bridge or trade your red for silver and gold. Your posts are a train wreck.

Nebraska needs to get back to very good to dominant play up front. Until then, we can't afford dumb coaching decisions and stupid turnovers.

Because if not, I'll take every last drop you got. And I'll lick the carafe it was served in.

Seriously, you can all fvck straight off with all this negativity. It was one game. Our first fvcking game. If we'd have won the exact same game by 1 point, you'd all be here sucking Rhule's dick for such a tough win, such a hard win, so much fight, blah, blah blah.

It didn't work out. Lots more games to play. I saw improvement over the last 2 regimes. And if you didn't, you suck at watching football.

Do we have some very serious roster weaknesses? FVCK YEAH!!! Did we have some serious coaching question marks? Oh, hell yeah!! Including Matt Rhule? You're damn right! There's room for improvement, for sure. But, give Rhule some time. It's headed in the right direction.

How long has the stripper's husband been coaching that gopher team? How long have those guys been playing together? How long have they all been in that PROGRAM? We don't have that...YET.

Expect some extreme roster turnover, expect some coaching turnover, expect some tough losses, but you damn well better expect this thing to get turned around, because it will. And Matt mother fvcking Rhule will be the guy to do it.

Rhule's got this shit! Maybe the wins don't all come this year, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. We'll see improvement and changes across the board (coaches and players) and get back to who we are. Get on board or get the fvck out of the way...and I'll take your leftover Rhuleaide.

Outside of hiring Deion Sanders, Matt Rhule is the best hire we could have possibly made. (I just threw this last part in to see guys like @headcard 's head explode 😂 )

I get it, you were 'sold' all this baloney on coach Rhule. The University, Ted Carter, Trev Alberts and even Tom Osborne and this website's writers have been spoon feeding the fans heaps and gobs of Rhuleaid, exactly what you want to hear.. even nice Fullback talk for the last 8 months, to keep the precious fans onboard.

The reality is, you were all sold a bunch of lies. Nobody likes the hangover, better to just keep you drunk in the land of fantasy.

The only thing that matters is that the Big Ten money keeps coming in, those at the top get to grift off it, and most importantly, they have to keep the fan base from leaving the cult.

It doesn't take years to turn around a program. You hire and recruit winners, not losers.

We didn't do that.. we hired good liars. We hired people that can sell a narrative, that people like yourself will believe in, to their core, and will go down fighting for their cause.

You keep up the good fight there fella.. we need you to keep spending money on the program.

I get it, you were 'sold' all this baloney on coach Rhule. The University, Ted Carter, Trev Alberts and even Tom Osborne and this website's writers have been spoon feeding the fans heaps and gobs of Rhuleaid, exactly what you want to hear.. even nice Fullback talk for the last 8 months, to keep the precious fans onboard.

The reality is, you were all sold a bunch of lies. Nobody likes the hangover, better to just keep you drunk in the land of fantasy.

The only thing that matters is that the Big Ten money keeps coming in, those at the top get to grift off it, and most importantly, they have to keep the fan base from leaving the cult.

It doesn't take years to turn around a program. You hire and recruit winners, not losers.

We didn't do that.. we hired good liars. We hired people that can sell a narrative, that people like yourself will believe in, to their core, and will go down fighting for their cause.

You keep up the good fight there fella.. we need you to keep spending money on the program.
Haha this feller just keeps on losing it. Maybe the wife is starting to fight back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT