ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Head coaches hirings and firings

Yeah for sure. I had heard they are looking at him in NE potentially. I think the real job you want to chase right now is Atlanta. They've got a pretty good D, all kinds of skill players and are just lacking a QB. Go find a QB and the right coach and they are pretty damn good.
That should be easy.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
That should be easy.
Justin Fields might be a good place to start. He might be a little bit damaged goods, but so are most QB's that go to Chicago. There are other options as well. Not sure of their draft position, but they don't need anything major. They might be able to work with someone on their roster as well.

I remember when Notre dame ignored the head coach’s call to take a knee so that they could get a TD so their defense could get on the field one more time so that Rudy could play in a game.
Jerks 😆

• Haha
Reactions: timnsun
There is firing your head coach and then there is firing everyone except your head coach.

• Wow
Reactions: baseball31ne
Now you're changing the issue you have with Winston. First it was, "Winston made the call". Now that we know he wasn't the sole decision maker on that call, it's changed to, "Winston isn't taking full responsibility".

He just made a true statement that it was a team decision. And really, he doesn't need to take responsibility on something so insignificant.
Somebody MUST be accountable. In a normal championship level organization, Dennis Allen is responsible. His team should be free of dipsh*ts. So if you allow known dipsh*ts on the team, then you better have damn good discipline. Anyway, it's Dennis Allen should be fired. Not just for this incident, but this is just example A of the clown show he must be running down there.

As for Winston, I lost track. I think Winston came out and said he audibled (so blame him) and then said it was the team that decided (which is a BS cop out). But whatever the case, if the Saints want to say it's nobody's fault and that's the type of organization they are running, then they will most likely continue to be the same sputtering mess next year.

Last edited:
This is why Winston is a loser. A true leader knows what the right thing to do is and carries it out. A weak minded person does what the group wants. Couple that with the fact that they were all sneaky about it. What a bunch of tools. You can’t spin this, but I guess this is how young people think.
It's also why Winston, the first pick in the 2015 draft and only 29 years old at the time, didn't get signed by anybody last off-season. Nobody wanted to even give him a shot to be their starting QB. So he agreed to return to the Saints as a backup. Then he still comes in a makes a mess of things.

They fired him after he told them he was leaving for the Pats job

They fired him after he told them he was leaving for the Pats job
I doubt it. He was under contract. The Titans would have been able to negotiate a trade, similar to how the Broncos did with Peyton. Now they could have not wanted to wait for the Pats to fire Belichick for fear of missing out on some top candidates. But no way was Vrabel in a power position.

I remember when Notre dame ignored the head coach’s call to take a knee so that they could get a TD so their defense could get on the field one more time so that Rudy could play in a game.
Maybe in 20 years he can get a movie made about him then making the courageous call to go from victory formation to get a veteran a TD so he doesn’t have a “0” on the record for the year. 🤦‍♂️

Somebody MUST be accountable. In a normal championship level organization, Dennis Allen is responsible. His team should be free of dipsh*ts. So if you allow known dipsh*ts on the team, then you better have damn good discipline. Anyway, it's Dennis Allen should be fired. Not just for this incident, but this is just example A of the clown show he must be running down there.

As for Winston, I lost track. I think Winston came out and said he audibled (so blame him) and then said it was the team that decided (which is a BS cop out). But whatever the case, if the Saints want to say it's nobody's fault and that's the type of organization they are running, then they will most likely continue to be the same sputtering mess next year.
Yep, that guy has elite arm talent, and the brain power of a box of hair. He’s lucky to be carrying a clipboard.

Why does it have to be 1 individual. I'm pretty sure no one in the Saints offense is pushing back in that it was a team effort.

The NFL is full of dipsh*ts, but that doesn't matter to anyone if you're able to contribute in some way to a team.

Again, it's not anyone's "fault" because it's not something to at "fault" for. Obviously we disagree with this, so it is what it is.

Maybe in 20 years he can get a movie made about him then making the courageous call to go from victory formation to get a veteran a TD so he doesn’t have a “0” on the record for the year. 🤦‍♂️
Definitely an Academy Award winning plot!

What took so long to get rid of Rivera, never should have happened in the first place?! Now, it's a question of is this new ownership going to go down the same old path to a new coach as Snyder did?! Need someone who knows how to build a team and this starts with the offensive line, which was the patch work quilting bee group.

Pete the cheat is 72. Time to put him out to pasture (in other words, stay on as an executive).
The way things turn over in the NFL these days, having a good owner and GM is more important than anything.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Pete Carroll was 25-26 in his last 3 seasons.

this isn't college football where there are varying expectations and you get to end the year on a nice bowl win. you either make a deep run in the playoffs or you don't, and he hadn't won a playoff game in years.

dude was never going to sniff the Superbowl again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT