ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Head coaches hirings and firings

Ben Johnson will be a bust as a head coach.

i don't have any facts or objectivity to back that up, just a feeling.

I missed the end of this

why was he mad? because the Saints ran up the score?

don't like it - maybe try stopping it?
Saints went into the victory formation, snapped the ball, and then when the Falcons players stood up to shake hands, they gave the ball to the RB and he ran it into the end-zone for a meaningless TD.

In the NFL, there is no mercy and you play the game to the end, but that was bullshit, initiated by Jaimes Winston, a classless douche who next season will see the crown of a helmet on the side of his knee when the rivalry resumes.

I don't know how I feel about his reaction. I don't necessarily dislike it, but at the same time, this isn't some youth rec league where "running up the score" should be a thing to consider.

Have your D stop someone and quit crying.
This isn't running up the score. This is like cracking some guy in the back of the head with a helmet after the game is over. When you go into the victory formation, you expect the defense to concede, which is what the Falcons did. If he took a knee then a Falcons DL clocked the QB, that would be bullshit too.

Reactions: baseball31ne
This isn't running up the score. This is like cracking some guy in the back of the head with a helmet after the game is over. When you go into the victory formation, you expect the defense to concede, which is what the Falcons did. If he took a knee then a Falcons DL clocked the QB, that would be bullshit too.
Bad comparison. Saints weren't out to hurt anyone. Yet many feelings were apparently hurt with this play.

Reactions: king_kong_
Why does it even matter? The Lions passed every play the last 3 minutes with a 10 point lead. I assume they were padding some guy's stats. Who cares?

y7r8vdh6a7541.jpg

Dude is worth $2.3 Billion and that is the best he can do for a haircut?

Before my last post, I looked up to see how many TD's he had this season (which makes more sense as to why they gave him the ball). Then I looked to see how long he'd been with the Saints, previous year TD's, etc to better understand the situation (I don't really follow NFL players) and I was shocked to see that he was a stud last year at Detroit.

Like you said, brutal move.
To make it worse, the Lions wanted to keep him. His agent kept shopping him. The Lions told him that he has to make a decision or they have to move on. Jamaal’s agent drags his feet and the deadline passes, Lions sign Montgomery. Jamaal goes to the Saints for less money than the Lions offered him.

He gets less money, a way worse OL and most likely a worse season. Sucks for him. He’s still a Lions fan favorite.

You put in victory formation and then run anything else, next time you go victory formation, when the defense lights everyone up, not a single word about it being a classless play if you think the Saints play was a good decision.

Winston wants to get his RB a touchdown, audible out of the formation and go fast before his HC can call timeout and chew his dumb ass for not listening to the play call.

Get your facts straight. The coach did not call that play. It was such bush league.
Yikes. Someone is a little terse. I'm still gonna pin this one on Dennis Allen because his QB (or the "team" as Winston characterized it) changed the play. As the HC, he has to own it. Does this kind of thing happen with well coached, disciplined teams. Hell no. And so the only way to get the Dennis Allen's of the world to do a better job is to not allow them to pass the buck and blame the players (or sit back and let the players take the blame).

You put in victory formation and then run anything else, next time you go victory formation, when the defense lights everyone up, not a single word about it being a classless play if you think the Saints play was a good decision.

Winston wants to get his RB a touchdown, audible out of the formation and go fast before his HC can call timeout and chew his dumb ass for not listening to the play call.
And it was for such a stupid reason. So that a veteran RB could get his first TD of the season? Very stupid, but then this is Jamies Winston we're talking about.

I agree that running an actual play off the victory formation is cheap. If you're going to run a play, don't do it out of that formation.

Didn't Dennis say his players went rogue on the call? If that's true, then it can't fall on him. Players wanted one of their guys, who hasn't scored all year, to get a TD.
I think Williams had something like 10 TDs last year and he's a veteran. He needed a TD about as badly as a 12 year old boy needs to win a stuffed animal at the county fair.

This one is a head scratcher. Good coach.
Yeah for sure. I had heard they are looking at him in NE potentially. I think the real job you want to chase right now is Atlanta. They've got a pretty good D, all kinds of skill players and are just lacking a QB. Go find a QB and the right coach and they are pretty damn good.

The QB Winston took responsibility by passing it off on "the team". Right! The 2nd TE called the play in the huddle. In any case, this reflects badly on Dennis Allen and helps explain why his team underperformed this season.
Now you're changing the issue you have with Winston. First it was, "Winston made the call". Now that we know he wasn't the sole decision maker on that call, it's changed to, "Winston isn't taking full responsibility".

He just made a true statement that it was a team decision. And really, he doesn't need to take responsibility on something so insignificant.

I think Williams had something like 10 TDs last year and he's a veteran. He needed a TD about as badly as a 12 year old boy needs to win a stuffed animal at the county fair.
It's not whether he NEEDED the TD or not. It's that his teammates WANTED to give him the TD.

Now you're changing the issue you have with Winston. First it was, "Winston made the call". Now that we know he wasn't the sole decision maker on that call, it's changed to, "Winston isn't taking full responsibility".

He just made a true statement that it was a team decision. And really, he doesn't need to take responsibility on something so insignificant.
This is why Winston is a loser. A true leader knows what the right thing to do is and carries it out. A weak minded person does what the group wants. Couple that with the fact that they were all sneaky about it. What a bunch of tools. You can’t spin this, but I guess this is how young people think.

Yikes. Someone is a little terse. I'm still gonna pin this one on Dennis Allen because his QB (or the "team" as Winston characterized it) changed the play. As the HC, he has to own it. Does this kind of thing happen with well coached, disciplined teams. Hell no. And so the only way to get the Dennis Allen's of the world to do a better job is to not allow them to pass the buck and blame the players (or sit back and let the players take the blame).
I’ll know he owned it when he cuts Winston.

This is why Winston is a loser. A true leader knows what the right thing to do is and carries it out. A weak minded person does what the group wants. Couple that with the fact that they were all sneaky about it. What a bunch of tools. You can’t spin this, but I guess this is how young people think.
If this was an actual serious issue, then I agree with you. As a leader, jump on that grenade. But there's not even a grenade to jump on as this is a non-issue.

I remember when Notre dame ignored the head coach’s call to take a knee so that they could get a TD so their defense could get on the field one more time so that Rudy could play in a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT