ADVERTISEMENT

Next Head Coach

Callahan wasn't that bad of a hire. He had a brilliant offensive mind. His biggest downfall was his choice for a defensive coordinator. If his teams were able to play defense, he likely could have won a few conference championships.
I agree. I really wonder what he would have done with another year and a new DC. That following year Suh, Crick, etc were all coming in as starters and Callahan even had commits from Blaine Gabbert, etc. While no one wants to admit it, the whole tradition coalition BS created so much unnecessary turmoil and really shitty fan behavior that still is embarrassing (like harassing Kevin Cosgrove's kids at school). Pelini's first two years looked great with Callahan's players and Osborne's total support. After that it was a long slow slide.

Everyone has $155 million facilities today. Everyone is on TV. Everyone is flush with cash from TV deals. What we need is a coach who is a proven winner at a previously shit school. Because right now, whether we want to admit it or not, we are a shit program. Take off the red colored glasses. I am not here to trash NU football. I have been a rabid fan since 1965 At age 7. Was in Norman in 71 for the game of the century. Miami in 94. You get the picture. I am here trying to knock some reality into people. NU football as we all knew it is dead. We need to get realistic about who our next coach will be. And i isn’t going to be Urban ****ing Meyer
SCHIANO>>>>>>>>>ru one of the all time great shit programs........GS miracle worker

Mickey Joseph will be the next Nebraska HC even if it's only in a interim basis. I'm all for throwing the biggest contract ever at the college level to hire Meyer even if it's a three year deal with options. I don't care about Meyer and his past baggage, I care about Nebraska football and most of it's great fans, we all deserve better.

What Frost has done in five years is almost criminal as far as Nebraska fans are concerned, he has single handedly destroyed a once blue blooded program, even Bo Pelini or Mike Riley didn't do that. I hope frost enjoys his time away from football and enjoys his family in Florida because I doubt he will stay in state and why would he want to.

He did good when Rutgers was playing weak competition week in and week out. Let's see how he does when he plays a full B1G schedule.
when i say rutgers is the dumpster fire champ. believe me, i lived it......weak conf. it doesn't matter....he's a motivator... he took a bottom feeder and the program to annual bowl games....in 2006 a no. 12 final ranking ....this is rutgers ,,,,with shit facilities ,a hostile metro press...pro teams to compete with...no fb tradition....no administrative support,,,,.........no one wanted this job after ash was fired.......talk about a bare cupboard.........all of the above was schiano 1.0...........in this the 3rd season of schiano 2.0 you can see a big difference in the size and the toughness of his recruits,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey do you wanna trade spots with us, if you cant compete in the big west....try the big east....we have one of the toughest schedules in the nation.
give the man time and we will be bowling every year again................and please don't fire frost before we play you guys..............pretty please

Everyone says that when a colleague is still in place at his job. See how he feels now that Frost has been fired,
So you think that since he has turned down multiple NFL jobs that the Neb job would peak his interest? The biggest area that he would help Neb is his ability to recruit the B10 footprint, so I could see why Neb would be interested. I just don’t see any Neb appeal from his end.

So you think that since he has turned down multiple NFL jobs that the Neb job would peak his interest? The biggest area that he would help Neb is his ability to recruit the B10 footprint, so I could see why Neb would be interested. I just don’t see any Neb appeal from his end.
I am just making the point that all coaches say they are not interested in a specific job if a coach is in place at the time they are asked.

Mickey Joseph will be the next Nebraska HC even if it's only in a interim basis. I'm all for throwing the biggest contract ever at the college level to hire Meyer even if it's a three year deal with options. I don't care about Meyer and his past baggage, I care about Nebraska football and most of it's great fans, we all deserve better.

What Frost has done in five years is almost criminal as far as Nebraska fans are concerned, he has single handedly destroyed a once blue blooded program, even Bo Pelini or Mike Riley didn't do that. I hope frost enjoys his time away from football and enjoys his family in Florida because I doubt he will stay in state and why would he want to.
I think his wife has been searching the real estate listings in Florida nonstop for 5 years. Nobody in that family is really sad today.

Whoever is hired I would like to see a contract that is heavily incentive based. A million dollars a win for example. A winner would take that and plan to be the highest paid coach in the country.

Reactions: BleedRed78 and nu2u
So, there is a rumor that Frost was actually notified after the NW loss that he was being fired, but was allowed to coach through this week because his mother was being honored at halftime. They indicated she was a Neb track star and an Olympian. Anyone else here get wind of something like that?

How do we feel about Kevin Wilson, currently OC at tOSU? Not looking thru the thread to see if already debated. Surrounding himself with really strong coordinators,not friends, could be his blueprint to put Nebraska in contention in the west.

Just some names to consider
1. Bill O'Brian- OC Alabama
2.Dave Doren- HC NC State
3.Lane Kiffin-HC Ole Miss
4.Dave Clawson-HC Wake Forest
5. `Chris Klieman-HC Kansas State

Just some names to consider
1. Bill O'Brian- OC Alabama
2.Dave Doren- HC NC State
3.Lane Kiffin-HC Ole Miss
4.Dave Clawson-HC Wake Forest
5. `Chris Klieman-HC Kansas State
Can’t stand O’Brien… dont want him near us
Any of the others I’ll take

Reactions: RaulJones
Maybe they should just hire Mickey as the head guy, but then just go out and spend a shit ton on good assistants. Don't go the route of 850K. Go get a real coordinator for like 2M on both sides of the ball and get the others pay big time dollars to make sure you have the best. Let MJ cut his teeth and adjust from there. Possibly an alternate solution if you can't get a big name.

Reactions: BleedRed78
What's up with all this Lane Kiffen talk? The guy that couldn't win at USC with all their talent, money and resources? The guy that was fired at the freaking airport? They wouldn't even let him back on the team bus.
He is winning now...

Reactions: headcard
So, there is a rumor that Frost was actually notified after the NW loss that he was being fired, but was allowed to coach through this week because his mother was being honored at halftime. They indicated she was a Neb track star and an Olympian. Anyone else here get wind of something like that?
You read the tweet from Frost about the play calling had to be more creative. He wasn’t necessarily fired then but Basically I think a Trev knew it was only a matter of time , He had words wit Trev about forcing him to give up the play calling , but Trev was willing to wait after Indiana and the payout dropped,, but after the loss on Saturday night and Frost went after Trev again a bout putting to much pressure on the program this happened in the Locker room in front of the players . Trev got on the phone with the people he needed to end this thing now. The irony of Carol a award from the same guy that would fire her Son 12 hours later.

Reactions: BleedRed78
What he really means is I will be calling my agent later to find out the $$ and see if I can squeeze the Wolf pack for more cash!

Exactly. His name hasn’t been mentioned anywhere that I know of. He and his agent just wanted to put that out there.

Maybe they should just hire Mickey as the head guy, but then just go out and spend a shit ton on good assistants. Don't go the route of 850K. Go get a real coordinator for like 2M on both sides of the ball and get the others pay big time dollars to make sure you have the best. Let MJ cut his teeth and adjust from there. Possibly an alternate solution if you can't get a big name.

The Clemson appraoch.

Reactions: leodisflowers
What's up with all this Lane Kiffen talk? The guy that couldn't win at USC with all their talent, money and resources? The guy that was fired at the freaking airport? They wouldn't even let him back on the team bus.
He went to Nick Saban's rehab and has been successful at Ole Miss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT