ADVERTISEMENT

New commit!! 4-star edge Wilhite

On Fire GIF by BuzzFeed

UCLA begged to get into the Big 10 because of AD debt. No idea what their NIL is but they could be struggling. Being the OC in Vegas probably doesn't sound too bad if he thinks he might be gone next year. Just a guess.

NIL at UCLA is horrible

Chip has been mailing it in and doesn't like to schmooze boosters for $$$

Sounds like White and Knighton straight crushed his recruitment. White got into town early and went to his brother's basketball game before going to the house. Knighton basically told him he wasn't going to go easy on him, that he would have to work.

And sounds like they used Ty Robinson, the Arizona kid, to help sway him.

Incredible job.

Sounds like White and Knighton straight crushed his recruitment. White got into town early and went to his brother's basketball game before going to the house. Knighton basically told him he wasn't going to go easy on him, that he would have to work.

And sounds like they used Ty Robinson, the Arizona kid, to help sway him.

Incredible job.
Rhule assembled a staff that recruits better than anyone since Cally. SMH

Probably not a fan of Chip interviewing with any NFL team that will listen.

Watching Cowherd at lunch yesterday and he went on and on about how far behind UCLA is concerning NIL and I guess that kind of surprised me. Why do I envision UCLA with wealthy alumns? Am I worng or do they not support the football team? I could understand if they were still killing it on the hardwood but that place hasn't been a basketball school in forever.

Reactions: headcard
Watching Cowherd at lunch yesterday and he went on and on about how far behind UCLA is concerning NIL and I guess that kind of surprised me. Why do I envision UCLA with wealthy alumns? Am I worng or do they not support the football team? I could understand if they were still killing it on the hardwood but that place hasn't been a basketball school in forever.
They have a lame fan base. They really always have but for years you would really only see them on TV once and it was a big game so it seemed like they had fans.

I think they are also on the quarter system, so the first few home games don't have students on campus yet, which never helps. I could be wrong on that though.

I am guessing a lot of transplants don't help either.

USC is the one that has the wealthy alums and no shortage of money. UCLA, however, struggles mightily with funding sports. I think part of that is because there's so much strong sports competition in the metro area there and, in particular, they live in USC's shadow.

In this particular recruiting battle what doomed UCLA is the Chip rumor. But lack of NIL didn't help and perhaps the lack of NIL resources is also what is causing Chip to consider leaving.

There are a lot of famous UCLA alums: Francis Ford Coppola, Steve Martin, Alexander Payne, Mark Harmon, James Franco, Jack Black, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nicolas Cage, Ben Stiller, and others who could probably kick in some (Cage loves burning money), but...I doubt they care. The wealthy former Bruin athletes, of which there are quite a few (including Harmon) apparently don't, either. That's a little strange, I think, but oh well. Let 'em wallow in mediocrity.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There are a lot of famous UCLA alums: Francis Ford Coppola, Steve Martin, Alexander Payne, Mark Harmon, James Franco, Jack Black, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nicolas Cage, Ben Stiller, and others who could probably kick in some (Cage loves burning money), but...I doubt they care. The wealthy former Bruin athletes, of which there are quite a few (including Harmon) apparently don't, either. That's a little strange, I think, but oh well. Let 'em wallow in mediocrity.
They’re similar to Warren Buffet in that regard.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
Actually I think retention ability now is going to rank high in the new world of college football which puts a higher value on culture than ever before. And so far, so good for Rhule and staff.

The ability to keep the good players you have is more important than ever. Rhule seems to be building a program kids want to be a part of and stay apart of, very encouraging.

It’s crazy how we had such a drought at rush ends, seems like for 10 years. And now all the sudden with this coach we are stocking up fairly quickly. Definitely should’ve been more of a priority in the past. The days of giving the QB on the opposing team forever and then some to throw the ball are over hopefully.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT