ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly leaving UCLA for Ohio State

Just a note - no one cares if they are ignored by someone. If they do, they are a tool.
This board is intended to be a fun release from everyday life. If I choose to Ignore someone, that's my business, not yours.

I doubt I'm stupid, mindless or easily manipulated, I doubt many would describe me as having low self esteem or low intelligence as a tool is generally described.

My time here is more enjoyable when I ignore kong. If you think I'm a tool, you might want to find a different adjective..

Reactions: dinglefritz
This board is intended to be a fun release from everyday life. If I choose to Ignore someone, that's my business, not yours.

I doubt I'm stupid, mindless or easily manipulated, I doubt many would describe me as having low self esteem or low intelligence as a tool is generally described.

My time here is more enjoyable when I ignore kong. If you think I'm a tool, you might want to find a different adjective..
I was saying the person being ignored is a tool if they care if they get ignored. I’ve seen several of your posts threatening the ignore button. I was just saying it’s not really a deal to keep threatening.

I was not calling you a tool - I like your posts and general philosophy toward life and business.

I was saying the person being ignored is a tool if they care if they get ignored. I’ve seen several of your posts threatening the ignore button. I was just saying it’s not really a deal to keep threatening.

I was not calling you a tool - I like your posts and general philosophy toward life and business.
First of all RBig, I don't recall threatening with the Ignore button, I just do it. After I've done it, I kinda make a joke of it.

Typically, a poster who i've put on Ignore doesn't know or care. The reason kong knew, and didn't care, that I was putting him in Ignore was just the overall HH thing last year. I always liked kong's picks and thought that alone brought something to the room, and he's had a lot of good input on lots of topics. I just didn't feel like engaging him on his incessant HH posts.

Since you joined, you've been a good contributor, and I like your stuff almost all the time. You and I are good.

Your exchanges with HBK and lobster have been less than friendly, swapping insults.
A simple statement of fact is the thread is about Chip Kelly, not Top Gun/John Rambo/king kong.

I enjoy the board much more when I have you in Ignore. Carry on.
Both those people threw the first punch.

Not that context ever matters when emotional old men get their panties in a wad

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thall__
Read an interesting article this morning on the Maryland head coach and a third string running back who demanded a hundred thousand dollar NIL deal and the coach asked him where this money was supposed to come from , and it didn't happen of course , and it sounds like he may have entered the transfer portal

Reactions: dinglefritz
I remember Deshaun Foster as a pretty good running back with UCLA. Do not remember him in the NFL. I think this is a surprise pick because he has always been just a position coach and with the Bruins joining the BIG next year it is going to be a big job. I think Chip left Westwood because he knew he did not have the resources to compete in the BIG. I think hiring Foster only highlights how little money the UCLA brass wants to spend on football.

Your homophobia is right on script for iowa. And I drive a Bronco Raptor, you couldn’t afford it.
Big Deal Sunglasses GIF by Dietz & Watson

• Haha
Reactions: V-Doub and thall__
  • Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
I remember Deshaun Foster as a pretty good running back with UCLA. Do not remember him in the NFL. I think this is a surprise pick because he has always been just a position coach and with the Bruins joining the BIG next year it is going to be a big job. I think Chip left Westwood because he knew he did not have the resources to compete in the BIG. I think hiring Foster only highlights how little money the UCLA brass wants to spend on football.
We Huskers will understand the following story. ADs and coaches not getting along. I listened this morning to Petros Papadakis on the Fox Sports Radio Show "Two Pros and a Cup of Joe". Former Trojan Petros Papadakis has a popular local show on sports radio in LA. According to Petros, Chip Kelly and UCLA's AD Martin Jarmond never got along and that is why Kelly left. Kelly was hired by Jarmond's predecessor and Kelly felt he did not have Jarmond's support. Petros went on to say that Martin Jarmond has been actively campaigning for other jobs since his arrival to UCLA. Therefore, the powers, the people with the money, behind UCLA's athletic department were reluctant to pay big money for a new football coach hired by Jarmond because they don't believe Jarmond will stay with the school. That is why Deshaun Foster was hired because the powers believe the new AD, the one hired after Jarmond leaves, will want to hire their own coach. (That is of course is if Foster is not wildly successful).

UCLA is a crap job with crap fan support BUT it is a winning lotto ticket for someone...basically 30+ million once you sign your John Hancock.
For those that may not know, Kelly and Day are really buddies, they both own race horses and I seen them hang out all day together this summer at Saratoga race track.

Kelly must have known UCLA was up against it in the Big and now he'll be working for a real buddy. Despite the pay drop, is not a bad way to eliminate head coaching stress and still make some good dough.

Plus, Kelly's pretty damn good and like some have said, will have elite talent to work with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT