ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball Favored by 7.5 over Bucknuts

This typically mediocre season....coached by a mediocre coach....is playing out just as we should have expected. Nebraska Basketball has been wallowing in ineptitude and mediocrity for years. Something that comedian Tim Miles was suppose to fix....yet here we are. The team has finished the season early and coaching has not given them a reason not to.....it's just amazing how as a university, they have never had this as any kind of priority. Football has been such a cash cow that it did not need to be so.

How do you dress when your getting ready to move and need to pack up your entire house?
Remember, YOU asked.
61a95f93d7a7560e6f7b723425c60e83.jpg

Reactions: blackshirts4life339
It was for the Coaches vs. Cancer thing. Well-intentioned, but he still looked like a dipshit whose luggage got lost on s road trip.

How does dressing like your unemployed or 75 year old man who hasn’t left the house in 5 years make one aware of Cancer? I get wearing pink for breast cancer, but WTF?

Reactions: schuele
How does dressing like your unemployed or 75 year old man who hasn’t left the house in 5 years make one aware of Cancer? I get wearing pink for breast cancer, but WTF?
You’re preaching to the choir, man. I thought he looked like Hank Hill’s dad from King of the Hill.

We're talking about it right now aren't we?

From someone whose sister and mother are both currently dyeing from cancer and from someone who works at a cancer hospital and with a cancer charity, how the f does Tim Miles dressing like a slob help fight cancer? At least when the NFL or MLB does pink jerseys or shoes or whatever, people by the merch and proceeds go to help fighting cancer. No one is buying the Tim Miles slob look.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
These are our winnable games. We have to win most of these or bye bye Miles
It's just becoming beyond painfully obvious. This " most talented NU roster", is playing a lot like his 2012,
Why did your coach dress like an extra in a Richard Simmons workout video today?
Probably because he knew he was gonna get cucked. I figured that out on my own. Didn't need to ask for any friends .

From someone whose sister and mother are both currently dyeing from cancer and from someone who works at a cancer hospital and with a cancer charity, how the f does Tim Miles dressing like a slob help fight cancer? At least when the NFL or MLB does pink jerseys or shoes or whatever, people by the merch and proceeds go to help fighting cancer. No one is buying the Tim Miles slob look.
Awareness is the first & last step to fundraising for an organization like Coaches vs. Cancer. We are talking about it, Social media was talking about it, the TV broadcast mentioned it. This all leads to awareness, and most likely, donations.

I have totally refrained from commenting on Husker hoops this year. I do not like Miles, thought he was another bargain basement hire, and never thought he was the guy to turn us around. But I bit my tongue this year and swore to just shut up and let the guy coach his most talented team of his tenure and see if he surprised me.

He didn’t. His teams play uninspired and stupid basketball. He will NEVER turn Nebraska basketball into a winner. He should be fired. Period. Enough is enough. He has been given enough time and great facilities. He did nothing.

Nebraska basketball has sucked for decades and decades and decades. It is one of the worst P5 basketball programs of all time. It is going to take a special coach to change that. The basketball equivalent of Bill Snyder. We need to be willing to pay big bucks to lure in a coach who is a proven winner at a P5 school.

Who would that be? I have no idea.

I have totally refrained from commenting on Husker hoops this year. I do not like Miles, thought he was another bargain basement hire, and never thought he was the guy to turn us around. But I bit my tongue this year and swore to just shut up and let the guy coach his most talented team of his tenure and see if he surprised me.

He didn’t. His teams play uninspired and stupid basketball. He will NEVER turn Nebraska basketball into a winner. He should be fired. Period. Enough is enough. He has been given enough time and great facilities. He did nothing.

Nebraska basketball has sucked for decades and decades and decades. It is one of the worst P5 basketball programs of all time. It is going to take a special coach to change that. The basketball equivalent of Bill Snyder. We need to be willing to pay big bucks to lure in a coach who is a proven winner at a P5 school.

I was a little bit optimistic since he did ok at csu but then again look who hired him, and nothing against tom except he thought everyone should work for pennies, tom was and is cheap. The ole saying you get what you pay for is exactly right on this hire!!

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I always try to stay optimistic and support the team and coaches to the end. That being said, I believe the wheels are coming off before our very eyes. I think best case scenario 6 more wins, but most likely 4 or less. So that would put Miles at 19-11 best case and more likely 17-14 or worse. Which will make Moos decision very easy any way you slice it, which I support. But I'm not as optimistic as some who say we have the facilities and all the B1G money. We have never been a basketball school, not even when Nee was coaching, and it will be very difficult to get a proven coach even if you back up the Brinks truck. Because none of the facilities really excite the recruits, they want to play for a tradition rich school and because of that it is hard to get a name coach. I think all we can hope for is that Moos catches lightning in a bottle and gets some young up and coming coach, like Bill Byrne did with Dave Van Horn in baseball. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen too often, but I will hold out hope. GBR!

Hoiberg has to be the first call, even though I don't think he wants to coach college anymore. But he's a big name and would bring excitement, and has family in Lincoln.

If he says no, then Shaka Smart (if he gets fired from Texas, or wants a change). Yeah he's not doing great at Texas, but remember that Rick Barnes got fired there after many mediocre seasons, and now he's coaching the #1 team in the country. Texas is a tough place to work, he'd have a lot less pressure here like Barnes does at Tennessee. He's made a Final Four, and he's still only 41 years old. The guy can coach.

I'd also see if Frank Martin has any interest in coming back to the Midwest. If not, Nate Oats at Buffalo. Pay big money and stop going cheap on bball coaches.

Nah, basketball only has 5 guys on the court. Nebraska just needs a competent x and o guy that will recruit his ass off. Just get one roster that can do something and the program can be turned completely around.

This typically mediocre season....coached by a mediocre coach....is playing out just as we should have expected. Nebraska Basketball has been wallowing in ineptitude and mediocrity for years. Something that comedian Tim Miles was suppose to fix....yet here we are. The team has finished the season early and coaching has not given them a reason not to.....it's just amazing how as a university, they have never had this as any kind of priority. Football has been such a cash cow that it did not need to be so.

Have you seen our facilities? They are Top 10 in the nation. They have done everything possible to elevate this program. Tim Miles is the reason we are still floundering, not commitment to the program. Bring in a decent coach and we'll be on our way.

Have you seen our facilities? They are Top 10 in the nation. They have done everything possible to elevate this program. Tim Miles is the reason we are still floundering, not commitment to the program. Bring in a decent coach and we'll be on our way.

Yeah, and we rank in the Top 10 nationally in attendance. I don't know what else the university could do to help this program other than open up the checkbook to hire a proven coach. It will likely take $4 million+/year but it can be done. If programs like Creighton and K-State can field a consistent NCAA tournament program, there's no reason we can't.

Yes....the PBA facilities are great...yes very nice facilities that are owned by the city of Lincoln...that generate more income for the city of Lincoln as a concert venue then a sports venue. But you can have the best facilities around, nothing has ever proven a recruit came to Nebraska because of great facilities. I do agree with you that slappy the clown Miles is the issue. If you have a mediocre coach.....so goes the program...so yes, there has not been a priority place on the basketball program by the university.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT