ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball Favored by 7.5 over Bucknuts

It’s not Tim Miles fault. His 49-68 conference record is not his fault. His 1 NCAA appearance in 7 years is not his fault. His zero tournament wins is not his fault. It takes 20 years to win at a school. It takes a generation for a coach to get the right culture in at a school to win. It’s the 20 year Tim Miles plan and it’s simple. Let it run its course and we will be a powerhouse
I guess your right in today's world you don't have to be responsible, just keep miles on the payroll

Reactions: spinner4
It’s such a slap in the face that we always speed up, get aggressive and actually score on offense when the game is already over. Where is that when we’re down by 4 with 10 minutes left??

I wonder if there is a stat kept out there for "opponent career high scoring game"? You can always count on someone from the opposing team to have the best game of their life against us.

Sad thing is that the starting 5 don't appear to have huge egos. They seem to be guys that would take coaching fairly well, get along etc. Maybe there is more than meets the eye, and I am wrong.? Run a motion/flex offense, just for the heck it to shake up ...something...
Just had a conversation with a family member who knows people on the periphery of the athletic department. Word is the locker room is horrible because they don’t like Palmer. He’s Miles’ golden boy who does whatever he wants. Supposedly not much love between the top dogs. If true, explains a lot and goes right back to the coach.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I didn’t say Nebraska is better. I’m saying any of the top 5 or so teams in the BIG would have curb-stomped Ohio State today.
Maybe. That's impossible to say for sure. One thing is sure is that we played horribly. Couldn't get open then when we did get a good shot we missed it. Didn't rebound worth a darn. Physically OSU looks like a B1G team. We do not.

Maybe. That's impossible to say for sure. One thing is sure is that we played horribly. Couldn't get open then when we did get a good shot we missed it. Didn't rebound worth a darn. Physically OSU looks like a B1G team. We do not.

And that is 100% on Miles #Year8

Just had a conversation with a family member who knows people on the periphery of the athletic department. Word is the locker room is horrible because they don’t like Palmer. He’s Miles’ golden boy who does whatever he wants. Supposedly not much love between the top dogs. If true, explains a lot and goes right back to the coach.
Palmer is a lazy player but IF motivated he's our best player. They just said that NU is 304th in the country in rebounding. That's not only size, that's effort.

Reactions: HuskerO
I don’t know....he’s pretty funny. He may have Moos rolling on the floor. If only his coaching abilities were as good as his ability to get a room laughing.

He isn't even funny any more. He's just a bad basketball coach that sounds disorganized in front of a microphone.

It’s not Tim Miles fault. His 49-68 conference record is not his fault. His 1 NCAA appearance in 7 years is not his fault. His zero tournament wins is not his fault. It takes 20 years to win at a school. It takes a generation for a coach to get the right culture in at a school to win. It’s the 20 year Tim Miles plan and it’s simple. Let it run its course and we will be a powerhouse
Just wait until Miles gets Palmers kid on the team...that has yet to be born. That is when it will all come together!

This game has the feeling of a game we lost by 25. We just got ran out of the gym by a team who had lost 5 in a row coming into this game. And don’t give me the Copeland was injured in the second half crap. They looked like a shit show in the first half too when Copeland played.

I told my buddy I went to the sparty game with that either they don't like each other or they don't like miles. Maybe palmer is a dick, but at least he tries to be aggressive on offense. Roby has turned himself into Shang Ping on offense.

Canning him and letting Lewis take over may actually save the season. But that’s not going to happen. Miles should go down with the sinking ship as well.
Only if it lit a fire under Palmer's ass. He may think he's an NBA player. He's not. Not the way he's playing now.

Only if it lit a fire under Palmer's ass. He may think he's an NBA player. He's not. Not the way he's playing now.

Palmer is not the reason this team has zero depth and in seven years can’t figure out a zone. Year after year shooting has been sub par under Miles. Call it coaching...call it recruiting. It all falls on mediocre Miles.

Palmer is not the reason this team has zero depth and in seven years can’t figure out a zone. Year after year shooting has been sub par under Miles. Call it coaching...call it recruiting. It all falls on mediocre Miles.
It’s just bad luck, $hit happens in basketball. Shots will start dropping next game.

Illinois takes down Maryland at Madison Square Garden. Maybe next year Turd-geon can get that game moved to DC or Baltimore.

What the hell? After reading this thread, I thought we got massacred. But we only lost by 10. People really need to calm the hell down.

If our last 2 losses were @ Iowa and at home vs Wisconsin, then I would agree with your above statement.

However we lost @ Rutgers (the worst team in the Big Ten who had a 1-6 record going into our game) and then we lost at home to Ohio State, an Ohio State team that had lost 5 big ten games in a row.

These are two very bad losses, if you can’t see that then I cannot help you

If our last 2 losses were @ Iowa and at home vs Wisconsin, then I would agree with your above statement.

However we lost @ Rutgers (the worst team in the Big Ten who had a 1-6 record going into our game) and then we lost at home to Ohio State, an Ohio State team that had lost 5 big ten games in a row.

These are two very bad losses, if you can’t see that then I cannot help you
I think Charlie is mimicking the finger-waggers who love to tell us that all is well.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
This season is heading to the drain. They won’t make tourney. Then Miles will be fired. Then they will hire some other nobody coach.

I guess the silver lining to this cloud is that we are finally going to get rid of Miles and start over. We arguably have Top 10 facilities in the nation, and possibly even better, and with the right coach will still be able to bring good talent to Lincoln.

toast-1077984_1920-800x0-c-default.jpg

Really what would Moos see in Miles to keep him here after watching the past 2 years?

You have to do more then just sell out the arena and next year people wont renew their tickets for this $&it show..

This season is heading to the drain. They won’t make tourney. Then Miles will be fired. Then they will hire some other nobody coach.
I'm afraid I have to agree. Don't think this team has the right mentality to turn things around. Miles seems confused on what to do. So disappointing for the fans this year! Ugh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT