ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska 5 point dogs against Illinois in today’s Semifinal game

Looking forward to selection Sunday..
Illini we‘re more athletic, and they attack the hole in the second half and we couldn’t stop it.

Guys played hard proud of them..

Reactions: IowaHuskr
But it has been a major contributing factor in how the game is played on both ends. There is no disputing that.
It was an ugly collapse. Illinois D turned up the heat and threw NU out of rhythm. That said, the foul disparity at one point was 7-1 and Shannon was allowed to be a bowling ball at the rim and the referees couldn’t stop blowing the whistle.

Both things can be correct and contributing factors to the momentum changing. Illinois played better while Nebraska struggled and Illinois was getting beneficial calls.

He’s shooting 34% from three as a center. I’ll let him decide when to shoot it. I haven’t minded any of his shots today. Just not falling for anyone in the second today

He took decent shots, they just didn’t go in the second half. Illinois really focused on Tominaga and nobody picked up the slack in the second half. Mast and Williams couldn’t get it done in the second half, Lawerence and Gary(foul trouble) disappeared.

He took decent shots, they just didn’t go in the second half. Illinois really focused on Tominaga and nobody picked up the slack in the second half. Mast and Williams couldn’t get it done in the second half, Lawerence and Gary(foul trouble) disappeared.
Would have been a game where Wilcher could have been the missing piece .. oh well let’s go get a tourney W

Reactions: arf_man and V-Doub
He’s shooting 34% from three as a center. I’ll let him decide when to shoot it. I haven’t minded any of his shots today. Just not falling for anyone in the second today
He's hits 3's when he's open. Catch and shoot. An opportunist. He's not good at creating space or jacking up with a guy in his face.

Yeah...that was not on the officials.

FT's were pretty similar. NU let a guy score 40.

More physical than we are and won't change.

Tired of officials just allowing guys to just plow and draw fouls.

Oh well.

Biggest goal is ahead.
I really hope there is an off-season consideration of the offensive player being able to cause the contact and be rewarded with a foul. Seems like a great no-call situation, unless it is a charge … or defender clearly is not vertical.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Fred has to find a way to convince Lawrence to keep shooting and driving to the rim. He had 9 points today on three shots - but all in the first half. Never looked at the basket in the 2nd half.

Ha...I watched it all.

Illinois scored 60 in the second half...Nu score 50 in the first half...

NU had 1 more foul...19-18
I kind of wish the first half had been closer. Underwood clearly put his foot up some backsides at the break, and his team responded.

Reactions: rrdd2021
Ha...I watched it all.

Illinois scored 60 in the second half...Nu score 50 in the first half...

NU had 1 more foul...19-18
So you don’t find it odd Ill was in the double bonus with like 12 to go in 2nd half? Refs did a good job calling fouls on Ill when game was in hand . Smooth move for the stat watchers

Reactions: herbie tarlek
So you don’t find it odd Ill was in the double bonus with like 12 to go in 2nd half? Refs did a good job calling fouls on Ill when game was in hand . Smooth move for the stat watchers
Okay!

I mean, what would have made it "even" in your mind?

It was an ugly collapse. Illinois D turned up the heat and threw NU out of rhythm. That said, the foul disparity at one point was 7-1 and Shannon was allowed to be a bowling ball at the rim and the referees couldn’t stop blowing the whistle.

Both things can be correct and contributing factors to the momentum changing. Illinois played better while Nebraska struggled and Illinois was getting beneficial calls.
The officiating sure seemed to favor the Illini after halftime. Kind of makes one wonder if a phone call was made to remind the refs that the B1G wanted at least one of their top seeds in the championship game.

Reactions: HuskAir
Okay!

I mean, what would have made it "even" in your mind?
Illinois gets away with a blatant travel and Nebraska on the very next possession has Tominaga called for a fictional travel. We were getting mugged in the paint on offense in the second half. Gary breathed on an Illini player and the whistle blew in the second half. We couldn’t match their intensity on D because the zebras wouldn’t allow it.

Illinois gets away with a blatant travel and Nebraska on the very next possession has Tominaga called for a fictional travel. We were getting mugged in the paint on offense in the second half. Gary breathed on an Illini player and the whistle blew in the second half. We couldn’t match their intensity on D because the zebras wouldn’t allow it.
What about the first half?

Oh...so NU being up double digits in the first half...was that great officiating?
I thought it was alright.anyway not the point of my post. You said not on the officiating FTs were basically even. My response was FTs are no indicator on how a game is called or not called.

FWIW, Nebraska could rattle off 6 straight wins in the NCAAs and become national champion. Next year in the B1G, the refs would call it exactly as they did today. Same for Northwestern, or PSU, or even I_wa. I don’t think that is worth disputing.

The silver lining is NU will NOT see B1G refs the rest of the year. I am hopeful that neutral officiating is an advantage during NCAA play.

• Haha
Reactions: vighawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT