ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi discusses Mark Whipple

I will patient wait to pass any judgement here, although Whipple's trend sure looks like he will throw it around the yard a lot. I don't see a whole lot of games on Nebraska's schedule where they will be able to just pound it on the ground and win a game.

As far as Narduzzi is concerned, dude just won an ACC title, so he gets to be an asshole all he wants for a while. I am sure in the future when Whipple leaves and or gets fired he will be the asshole.

YYYYEEEA MY TEAM!!!!!!!!!!
Love posts like this… I don’t care what Narduzzi won, that doesn’t mean he gets to be an asshole. Osborne won a few things and wasn’t an asshole. Seems like every OC who has been under Narduzzi has been treated the same after the fact by Narduzzi.

How hard is it to show an ounce of respect?

I think a significant portion of the fan base will view 8-5 or 9-4 differently depending on whether it is accomplished with a 60/40 run-pass ratio vs a 40/60 run-pass ratio

Love posts like this… I don’t care what Narduzzi won, that doesn’t mean he gets to be an asshole. Osborne won a few things and wasn’t an asshole. Seems like every OC who has been under Narduzzi has been treated the same after the fact by Narduzzi.

I think Pat might be bitter that his story is going to end at Pitt...

I think a significant portion of the fan base will view 8-5 or 9-4 differently depending on whether it is accomplished with a 60/40 run-pass ratio vs a 40/60 run-pass ratio
as in, one (more running) might be perceived as more sustainable than the other (more passing)?

I don't know. we have what looks to be a quarterback capable of chucking it all over the yard. we might have the fastest player in the league at WR.

we haven't had a workhorse back in 4 years & it's anyone's guess if we have one today. we have seen how limiting the quarterback run game is to our overall ceiling.

good coaches play to their teams' strengths. on paper, our passing offense looks to be a formidable strength.

Last edited:
as in, one (more running) might be perceived as more sustainable than the other (more passing)?

I don't know. we have what looks to be a quarterback capable of chucking it all over the yard. we might have the fastest player in the league at WR.

we haven't had a workhorse back in 4 years & it's anyone's guess if we have one today.

good coaches play to their teams' strengths. on paper, our passing offense looks to be a formidable strength.
As in, a good portion of the fan base will only be happy if Nebraska is running the ball 60% of the time regardless of win total.

As in, a good portion of the fan base will only be happy if Nebraska is running the ball 60% of the time regardless of win total.
And running the option and trap game with a full back. Gotta get it all in.

I can hear them now, Whip has a running play or two in a row that gets 5-8 yards and then throws a pass! What was he thinking?

Last edited:
That thought process only occurs after an incomplete pass. Bottom line...we win, nobody cares about R/P ratio.
Agree, we go 15-0 and win a national title - no one will care

anything short of that - believe me some will care. 12-2? some will be haunted by “what could have been” had we only been more committed to the run

I shudder to think what the reaction will be at 9-4 if we aren’t running option into the short side of the field at least once a series

Some men never grow up, talk like kids when they feel slighted. Is it no wonder Whipple wanted out of Pitt and took the job with Nebraska, sounds like Narduzzi is a very bitter old man who feels insecure and lashes out.

The one comment he made that made me chuckle he rips Whipple but then says if they had their starting QB they would have won and Whipple coached this starting QB up. Who cares how you win a game, it's all about winning in reality.

I know coach Whipple can turn around our QB room but I would have had my doubts if Martinez would have stuck around for one more year. I doubt he would have wanted Martinez as his number one but Frost may have wanted Martinez as a starter which would have been disastrous for the program.

I believe we are lucky to have Whipple take over play calling and now Frost just needs to keep his hands out of it or we are going to some problems.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Run, pass, kick their a*s...I like that. Put that on a husker shirt!
Ha! It actually came from an old hockey locker room chant from my childhood: “shoot, pass, kick their a**”
Along with other childish gems like “strawberry shortcake, banana split, we know your team plays like sh*t”

Such scandalous swearing from the young lads as we got amped up to “Eye of the Tiger” on the boombox.

Ha! It actually came from an old hockey locker room chant from my childhood: “shoot, pass, kick their a**”
Along with other childish gems like “strawberry shortcake, banana split, we know your team plays like sh*t”

Such scandalous swearing from the young lads as we got amped up to “Eye of the Tiger” on the boombox.
"hit em hard, hit em low, blood makes the grass grow"

That would be silly. There are no pictures in the record book.

Grown up adults publicly wish subordinates well when they move on. Even if the relationship was not good, a grown up adult finds something positive to say about the subordinate on his or her way out. There are two reasons for this. The first is because that is how decent humans act. The second is it doesn't pay to burn bridges. Maybe four years from now Whipple will have a 5 star grandkid Pitt might want to recruit.

Some people are just born to be assholes. It doesn't matter the profession.

I think what pissed him off is that Whip was going to retire but then decided to keep coaching...just not with him.

Whipple's contract wasn't renewed at Pitt. He would have been replaced before last season if Pickett didn't decide to return for his 5th year. Frankly, Pickett saved his job by making it contingent to his return.

As much success as Pitt had last year- they were terrible on offense in Whipple's first 2 seasons. Whipple has said that it takes 3 years to implement and be successful in his offensive system. It looks great when you have 1st round QB and the top WR in the nation.

I can tell you from first hand experience- Narduzzi and Whipple were often yelling at each other on the sidelines over the last 3 years. Most feel Pitt upgraded their OC with Frank Cignetti's return to Pitt.

I could see where Narduzzi can get under other's fans skin- he's more honest than most head coaches. If you ask him a question- he's going to give his opinion. Personally, it's entertaining to me.

Good luck with Coach Whip- hope he can finally turn your program around.

Whipple's contract wasn't renewed at Pitt. He would have been replaced before last season if Pickett didn't decide to return for his 5th year. Frankly, Pickett saved his job by making it contingent to his return.

As much success as Pitt had last year- they were terrible on offense in Whipple's first 2 seasons. Whipple has said that it takes 3 years to implement and be successful in his offensive system. It looks great when you have 1st round QB and the top WR in the nation.

I can tell you from first hand experience- Narduzzi and Whipple were often yelling at each other on the sidelines over the last 3 years. Most feel Pitt upgraded their OC with Frank Cignetti's return to Pitt.

I could see where Narduzzi can get under other's fans skin- he's more honest than most head coaches. If you ask him a question- he's going to give his opinion. Personally, it's entertaining to me.

Already been proven in this thread he's not honest LOL Being a dooshbag doesn't make one honest. Why do you think he's had 5 OCs ??

Already been proven in this thread he's not honest LOL Being a dooshbag doesn't make one honest. Why do you think he's had 5 OCs ??

Success was the reason for the first 2. The last 2 were not renewed.

Chaney - GA threw big money at him
Canada- LSU made him the highest paid OC in the country (Pitt offered $1 mil)
Watson- Wasn't good (fired)
Whipple- Wasn't good 2 of the 3 years. Plus personality issues and wouldn't recruit. (Contract wasn't renewed).

He was looking to upgrade and find a better fit than Whip.

Comparing Narduzzi to even a Frost is silly. You never hear anything like him having side pieces, "secret" room, wives bouncing, etc with Narduzzi. He is very much a stand up guy but I like said- if you ask him a question you can expect an answer. Around here, most appreciate his honesty even if it's not taken well in other places.

Pitt also had a very accomplished WR coach here last year who wasn't a good fit in their culture. He's was told to go and is now at Texas. Most feel his replacement is an upgrade as well. I believe Underwood is his 4th WR coach. The other 2 went to the NFL.

Last edited:
Success was the reason for the first 2. The last 2 were not renewed.

Chaney - GA threw big money at him
Canada- LSU made him the highest paid OC in the country (Pitt offered $1 mil)
Watson- Wasn't good (fired)
Whipple- Wasn't good 2 of the 3 years. Plus personality issues and wouldn't recruit. (Contract wasn't renewed).

He was looking to upgrade and find a better fit than Whip.

Comparing Narduzzi to even a Frost is silly. You never hear anything like him having side pieces, "secret" room, wives bouncing, etc with Narduzzi. He very much a stand up guy but I like said- if you ask him a question you can expect an answer. Around here, most appreciate his honesty even if it's not taken well in other places.

Pitt also had a very accomplished WR coach here last year who wasn't a good fit in their culture. He's was told to go and is now at Texas. Most feel his replacement is an upgrade as well. I believe Underwood is his 4th WR coach. The other 2 went to the NFL.
The lies were that they didn't average 10 yards per carry against Wake Forest and that Whipple only wanted to pass. Both debunked.

Literally every fan of every team thinks the new guy is an upgrade to the last guy.

Some people are just born to be assholes. It doesn't matter the profession.
It's no different than when Spurrier was at Florida.

Until they played a truly elite team with lockdown corners, Spurrier made a living finding that one guy in the secondary he could exploit on key 3rd own plays. It worked well at Florida.

When he went to the pros, the gig was up, and his team's performance showed it.

At NU, I don't give a crap if they move the ball 80 yards in 6 plays all being pass plays. Same with running the ball.

Frost has been a master of finding something that worked and then trying to fool the defense by doing the opposite. He's spent 4 years defeating his own offense by having an insatiable appetite for someone telling him how great of a playcaller he was.

How many times has NU marched down the field on good defenses then having a bonehead play called that resulted in disaster? Too many to mention.

Sorry, got off my original example.

I think I remember NU playing Pitt in Callahan's first seaon, 3rd and 1 and NU throws a pass. I knew things were going to be different and not in a good way. And Callahan was actually a smart offensive coach who could have stuck around had he given the boot to Cosgrove. And if Callahan wasn't such a prick.

A head coach can be a prick. But he better win.

The lies were that they didn't average 10 yards per carry against Wake Forest and that Whipple only wanted to pass. Both debunked.

Literally every fan of every team thinks the new guy is an upgrade to the last guy.
I remember 2-3 years ago, EVERY play the QB ran over to Whipple for the play call. That QB, probably Pinkett, ran his ass off. I thought that was the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in D-1 football.

Osborne, and a lot of coaches shuttled plays in with the wide receivers, but the QB every play? I thought, who is this Junior High play caller?

Also comical that you are replacing the coach who had the 8th best total offense numbers in the country with the coach who had the 103rd ranked total offense and "most people feel" this to be an upgrade.

Heck had Cignetti ever coached anywhere for more than 2 seasons. He is like that dude that Callahan brought in to coach DBs Phil Elmassian.

Who thought Shawn Watson was an upgrade over Matt Canada?

The "new" guy at Pitt used to be the OC at Pitt. He might have become the Head Coach after Wannstedt at Pitt if Steve Pederson wasn't an idiot.

IMO, Coach Whip is an upgrade at Nebraska and Cignetti is an upgrade at Pitt.

And if you watched the ACC Championship Game they were averaging over 10 yards per carry at one point.

Last edited:

This second sentence for certain. Not to mention our own Frost is on his third OC in 5 years so there is that.

Last edited:
Also comical that you are replacing the coach who had the 8th best total offense numbers in the country with the coach who had the 103rd ranked total offense and "most people feel" this to be an upgrade.

Heck had Cignetti ever coached anywhere for more than 2 seasons. He is like that dude that Callahan brought in to coach DBs Phil Elmassian.

Lol. BC's QB got injured and they didn't have an adequate back-up on roster. Tough to move the ball when your QB can't complete a pass over 20 yards. Jurkovec was pretty good the year before with Cignetti.

Like I said before, without Pederson Cignetti might not have ever left Pitt. Pittsburgh is his home- this is actually his 3rd time at Pitt.

You call it being honest because he coaches the team you root for. But I bet 99% of the population would call it something else - being an asshole.

Threw 34 times, ran 33. Under 3 yards per carry.

Scored 45 points and won a conference title.

Hey Pat, you should probably stfu now.

Not that you should know this but Pitt's scoring in that game was largely because of their 4 ints. One was a pick 6. One was returned to the 3 yard line (1 yard rush TD). One at the Wake 45 yard line (TD). One at 36 (turnover on downs).

In the fourth quarter Pitt ran clock for their last 3 possessions (10 carries) including taking 3 knees. Pickett was also sacked 3 times and had a couple of QB sneaks. You can throw out half of those attempts because of circumstances. When coaches look at stats they ignore sacks, short TDs, taking knees, QB sneaks, etc because they are obviously not reflective of "running" the ball.

But good for you for thinking you know Pitt's ground game better than their coach. 😁

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Pitt has their best season in my 36 years on this earth, on the back of their offense... their coach and fans-"OC bad...totes for real bro"

Who thought Shawn Watson was an upgrade over Matt Canada?

The "new" guy at Pitt used to be the OC at Pitt. He might have become the Head Coach after Wannstedt at Pitt if Steve Pederson wasn't an idiot.

IMO, Coach Whip is an upgrade at Nebraska and Cignetti is an upgrade at Pitt.

And if you watched the ACC Championship Game they were averaging over 10 yards per carry at one point.
It's time for you to go home.

Narduzzle has had 5 OC's in 7 years. Enough said.
And Scott is on his 3rd OC in 5 years.

Regardless of what Narduzzi said, there is going to be an element of the fan base that will not be happy if we look like a passing team who can't run the football.

I don't care what anyone says on that, some people will be furious that we can't or worse, won't run the ball inside the 5 yard line or when it's called for.

Also, Whipple is not going to be here very long.. this is just a transition to his retirement.. I can see him here 3 years tops.

Not that you should know this but Pitt's scoring in that game was largely because of their 4 ints. One was a pick 6. One was returned to the 3 yard line (1 yard rush TD). One at the Wake 45 yard line (TD). One at 36 (turnover on downs).

In the fourth quarter Pitt ran clock for their last 3 possessions (10 carries) including taking 3 knees. Pickett was also sacked 3 times and had a couple of QB sneaks. You can throw out half of those attempts because of circumstances. When coaches look at stats they ignore sacks, short TDs, taking knees, QB sneaks, etc because they are obviously not reflective of "running" the ball.

But good for you for thinking you know Pitt's ground game better than their coach. 😁
Haha I have no idea how Whip will do. I really don't care about Nardo. I do know they had a top 10 offense with whip. Narduzzi just sounds like a diva. But you sound the same way. No wander your name is Joe

Regardless of what Narduzzi said, there is going to be an element of the fan base that will not be happy if we look like a passing team who can't run the football.

I don't care what anyone says on that, some people will be furious that we can't or worse, won't run the ball inside the 5 yard line or when it's called for.

Also, Whipple is not going to be here very long.. this is just a transition to his retirement.. I can see him here 3 years tops.
Yes but 3 yrs top is all Frosty needs. If the offense doesn't show significant improvement Scott won't be here in a year. It the new coaches on offense dont make a huge jump this year, whips transition doesn't mean a thing.

I'm getting pretty excited for the season

it's been hot as hell out

Then get ready to be furious lol. Three throws to the end zone from inside the 5 will happen this year. Coach Whip should be an upgrade for Nebraska but it looked like the QB was the biggest obstacle for success the last 4 years.

It's been said around here- Whip has a 3 year guarantee so he wouldn't mind Frost getting fired after this season. Nice little retirement package for him.

Yes but 3 yrs top is all Frosty needs. If the offense doesn't show significant improvement Scott won't be here in a year. It the new coaches on offense dont make a huge jump this year, whips transition doesn't mean a thing.
See, I think Frost is irrelevant and isn't going to be here in 3 years anyway. This is all a transition to MJ's team in my opinion.

I don't mind us throwing the ball a lot, but some people won't ever be happy unless we can run it well too.

If we can turn around the win column this year, that would be great and I'm all for it.. I still don't think Frost will be here in 3 years.

TA has a vision of where this needs to go, and drunk bar Scotty isn't in that vision.

Just my opinion of course.

See, I think Frost is irrelevant and isn't going to be here in 3 years anyway. This is all a transition to MJ's team in my opinion.

I don't mind us throwing the ball a lot, but some people won't ever be happy unless we can run it well too.

If we can turn around the win column this year, that would be great and I'm all for it.. I still don't think Frost will be here in 3 years.

TA has a vision of where this needs to go, and drunk bar Scotty isn't in that vision.

If Frost is still here in 3 years , people like you don’t need to be on here anymore.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT