ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi discusses Mark Whipple

After watching Whipple lead Nebraska to the 101st best total offense while averaging 344 yards per game and 102nd in scoring offense at 22 ppg... do you get the point now?

Whipple's offense in 3 of the last 4 years has been abysmal.
I think he did what he could with what was here. Do you get the point now?

I think he did what he could with what was here. Do you get the point now?

Think about what you are saying- if Nebraska had the players to overcome his play calling the offense could have been good this year. That's what happened at Pitt last year which has been the anomaly for his teams.

Good for him for leveraging a desperate head coach to pad his retirement nest egg on one fluke year.

After watching Whipple lead Nebraska to the 101st best total offense while averaging 344 yards per game and 102nd in scoring offense at 22 ppg... do you get the point now?

Whipple's offense in 3 of the last 4 years has been abysmal.
I think it is pretty clear why Trev sort of forced Frost to hire an OC but he picked a pretty lame unimaginative one.

We can all rip Frost for stuff but he tended to have an offense that could move the ball.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Think about what you are saying- if Nebraska had the players to overcome his play calling the offense could have been good this year. That's what happened at Pitt last year which has been the anomaly for his teams.

Good for him for leveraging a desperate head coach to pad his retirement nest egg on one fluke year.
Yeah, dude cashed out big time and gets paid for another year.

Reactions: joeydavid

Dude did what he could with what was here. He isn't here anymore. Just the way it is.

These new assistants (Whipple,etc) came into a culture that had been cultivated for 4 years by Frost - they had no chance

I do question their judgement if they thought that anything positive from a career standpoint - other than a paycheck- was to be gained by joining Frost’s staff given his 4 year resume

Reactions: JOHNNY N
These new assistants (Whipple,etc) came into a culture that had been cultivated for 4 years by Frost - they had no chance

I do question their judgement if they thought that anything positive from a career standpoint - other than a paycheck- was to be gained by joining Frost’s staff given his 4 year resume
Contacts too, which are so important in a good old boy profession like coaching.

The more coaches you know the better chance you have of catching on to another school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT