ADVERTISEMENT

My Lord...whats up with our Baseball team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The staff needs to throw strikes. We give up far too many walks to be a contender.
And they have good stuff. When they realize it, and if they ever can improve control as a staff... then this team will be vastly better.

And they have good stuff. When they realize it, and if they ever can improve control as a staff... then this team will be vastly better.

And that is what is so darned frustrating.

Still getting it done!
feel-the-love.gif

I'll admit, this team looks like its certainly a contender for the Big 10 title. I still wonder how good they actually are, considering the B1G in general has been pretty awful OOC but they've certainly played better baseball of late.

If we can get this young pitching staff some confidence and figure out the rotation. We can make a run at the BIG and Erstad's teams always get stronger as we go.

We went head to head, with some good teams that are baseball schools early in the season and held our own, even if we are a northern school. Can't help but feel this team will get stronger as we go. Look out boy's the Huskers are coming!
Always get stronger as they go.... hmm.
This thread deserves a bit of a bump.

Reactions: donahues17
Always get stronger as they go.... hmm.
This thread deserves a bit of a bump.

Hammer must live under a rock...or slept thru last year. Gets stronger as they go? LMAO!

Oh BTW..Huskers lose 3-2 to Rutgers today...blow a 2-0 lead in the 9th. Its questionable at this point if Erstdud is even going to get this team to Omaha for the Big Ten tournament.

Reactions: saluno22
Benny Hill theme distracted them in the 9th.

I wonder how long it will take Erstad to say "I didn't coach well enough today." You almost have to feel bad for the guy...almost....as a player he was balls to the wall trying to win every game, as a coach he has turned Nebraska into a middle of the pack program in the Big Ten and I'm sure it eats at him. His offseason talk will be great though, and then reality sets in.

Hammer must live under a rock...or slept thru last year. Gets stronger as they go? LMAO!

Oh BTW..Huskers lose 3-2 to Rutgers today...blow a 2-0 lead in the 9th. Its questionable at this point if Erstdud is even going to get this team to Omaha for the Big Ten tournament.

Looking forward to an exceptional 2 and Q performance in front of 15K in our own f'ing state. Same crap...different week. Erst-sad strikes again.

Reactions: WuTang_Husker

Still plenty of time to turn it around. This loss stings but baseball can break your heart. But to think Erstad needs to go talk is dumb.

Still plenty of time to turn it around. This loss stings but baseball can break your heart. But to think Erstad needs to go talk is dumb.
Yeah...because he has done such a great job right? But hey, he punts the ball far. Plenty of time to turn it around? You realize we have just 13 regular season games left....right? This team isn't even in at large contention. Year 5....no chance at an at large....middle of the pack Big Ten program. Erstdud is in over his head.

Reactions: donahues17
This team is bi-polar. Unbelievable. I dont want to say fire the guy but he needs to figure something out or walk away and admit that he failed.

Team has no killer instinct and has been making crucial errors all season. Couple that with hot and cold starting pitching and the results are Nebraska's record this year.

I am also starting to believe that Boldt is a bit overhyped as a hitter. Hot and cold.

We need someone who consistently steps up in big situations and while his defense may be solid, Boldt doesn't come through as often as other clutch players at NU from the last decade and a half.

Not putting it all one Boldt's shoulders, but Erstad makes him sound like a top 5 to 10 round pick and I personally don't see it.

Breaks your heart a lot less once you have zero expectations for the program, which is pretty much where most NU fans find themselves in Year #5.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Need to sweep tomorrow or this team is in serious do do with MSU coming up. If not we will be fighting for 8th place in the conference....,again.

How many times must this team shit the bed?

That's a question the AD should be asking about the baseball program. When is enough mediocrity enough? We play in the Big 10 not the SEC or ACC and yet can't compete for a league crown.

Lol. He is safe. Can you imagine the backlash from the tradition coalition if he was axed? Every bar in bfe Nebraska would be foaming at the mouth and drooling into their Busch Light.

Good to see the team taking care of business today, because this was a critical series. If the upcoming trip into Michigan goes a lot better than the last one, maybe NU can climb back into the conference race.

Good to see the team taking care of business today, because this was a critical series. If the upcoming trip into Michigan goes a lot better than the last one, maybe NU can climb back into the conference race.
Much needed double header sweep. Gives us some breathing room to make the conference tournament.

Lol. He is safe. Can you imagine the backlash from the tradition coalition if he was axed? Every bar in bfe Nebraska would be foaming at the mouth and drooling into their Busch Light.
Hey man...don't bring Busch light into this. Uncalled for. Blue yummys shouldn't take a hit just because a coach ain't gettin it done.

I live in bfe Nebraska but prefer cl....please unpop your collar and set the ultra down, we are just as unhappy as you sophisticated types..... glad we rebounded to take the series

I live in bfe Nebraska but prefer cl....please unpop your collar and set the ultra down, we are just as unhappy as you sophisticated types..... glad we rebounded to take the series
I don't drink beer, and am far from sophisticated. Point stands. He is safe simply because he used to play here.

No I drink something purely American. Not all whiskey is bourbon, but all bourbon is whiskey.

You're a better man than I. I can't do dark liquors. Vodka tonic for this tenderfoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT