ADVERTISEMENT

My Lord...whats up with our Baseball team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Erstad is regretting his decision to stay in Lincoln rather than taking the Dodgers gig last year.

Ya, firing a guy of Erstad's stature plus a guy who donated a million bucks to the Athletic program when the football team was crap would probably not be a big hit with some of the fans (although they are probably some of the fans who dont pay attention to baseball).

I just hope the team feels they have hit rock bottom and makes a huge comeback. Seems the starting pitching is coming around. Now get the bats to wake up and we could hit big strides at the right time.

Reactions: Hammer of the God's
Always get stronger as they go.... hmm.
This thread deserves a bit of a bump.

Hammer must live under a rock...or slept thru last year. Gets stronger as they go? LMAO!

Oh BTW..Huskers lose 3-2 to Rutgers today...blow a 2-0 lead in the 9th. Its questionable at this point if Erstdud is even going to get this team to Omaha for the Big Ten tournament.

Still plenty of time to turn it around. This loss stings but baseball can break your heart. But to think Erstad needs to go talk is dumb.

Yeah...because he has done such a great job right? But hey, he punts the ball far. Plenty of time to turn it around? You realize we have just 13 regular season games left....right? This team isn't even in at large contention. Year 5....no chance at an at large....middle of the pack Big Ten program. Erstdud is in over his head.

Looks like this thread deserves a 2nd bump....

Looks like this thread deserves a 2nd bump....
We are definitely playing good baseball right now. This team needs to make a regional though and we are no lock. And sooner or later, the program needs to make the next jump. Making a regional would me a good start on the right direction.

Was wondering why this thread got bumped since we have the newer thread still alive. Was figuring we had lost. Good to see that we are playing strong at the end of the season. Now, let's get into a regional!

Nothing to see here. Just a guy pumping himself up, despite us not being in a regional yet.

Nothing to see here. Just a guy pumping himself up, despite us not being in a regional yet.
Nope just a guy standing up for himself when he was called basically a dumb/Idiot for hanging with a team that was young and had talent. Just get tired of all the overreaction by posters that let emotions do there thinking.

Nope just a guy standing up for himself when he was called basically a dumb/Idiot for hanging with a team that was young and had talent. Just get tired of all the overreaction by posters that let emotions do there thinking.
Lol.

Like I said, we haven't made it to a regional yet. With the play of this team over the year, I'm still in wait and see mode.

Great couple of weeks for the Huskers. I know it is unlikely, but if tOSU sweeps Minny and we sweep the Hoosiers, would that put us at a share for the conference regular season title with the Buckeyes?

Woul
Great couple of weeks for the Huskers. I know it is unlikely, but if tOSU sweeps Minny and we sweep the Hoosiers, would that put us at a share for the conference regular season title with the Buckeyes?
Would be the Huskers outright (I think)

Minnesota wins the regular season title ..would have been nice to get a chance to play them or Ohio St ...also not blowing a lead in the 9th at Rutgers could have made tomorrow more interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
That blown 9th inning vs Rutgers might really hurt
While it's easy to point to that as something that shouldn't have happened and with that win we would be in much better shape from a seeding perspective, I think that was really the turning point in the season. The guys came out and said that ain't f---ing happening again and have been solid ever since. You could tell in their attitude the next day (doubleheader) that something had changed. I'm not sure we are on the tear we are currently experiencing without that loss.

But I agree, flipping that result would be nice for the standings (and an NCAA at-large spot).

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
While it's easy to point to that as something that shouldn't have happened and with that win we would be in much better shape from a seeding perspective, I think that was really the turning point in the season. The guys came out and said that ain't f---ing happening again and have been solid ever since. You could tell in their attitude the next day (doubleheader) that something had changed. I'm not sure we are on the tear we are currently experiencing without that loss.

But I agree, flipping that result would be nice for the standings (and an NCAA at-large spot).
I'll take it. This team has more talent than anyone in the conference (when they decide to fight for it, and play hard)

Minnesota wins the regular season title ..would have been nice to get a chance to play them or Ohio St ...also not blowing a lead in the 9th at Rutgers could have made tomorrow more interesting

The 9th inning loss to Rutgers the first day diffently could have given us a shot at the title but keep in mind Minnesota only played 2 games against Michigan ( a game was cancelled) hard telling what would have happened either way in that scenario.

Always get stronger as they go.... hmm.
This thread deserves a bit of a bump.

Hammer must live under a rock...or slept thru last year. Gets stronger as they go? LMAO!

Oh BTW..Huskers lose 3-2 to Rutgers today...blow a 2-0 lead in the 9th. Its questionable at this point if Erstdud is even going to get this team to Omaha for the Big Ten tournament.

Looking forward to an exceptional 2 and Q performance in front of 15K in our own f'ing state. Same crap...different week. Erst-sad strikes again.

No I'm here. And I still feel it is not time to quit. But by all means you can

Still plenty of time to turn it around. This loss stings but baseball can break your heart. But to think Erstad needs to go talk is dumb.

Yeah...because he has done such a great job right? But hey, he punts the ball far. Plenty of time to turn it around? You realize we have just 13 regular season games left....right? This team isn't even in at large contention. Year 5....no chance at an at large....middle of the pack Big Ten program. Erstdud is in over his head.[/QUOTE

This deserves a 3rd bump

Reactions: OmahaSker
1 little run in 1 year out of how many? Oh yeah, you are definitely right saying they ALWAYS finish strong. It is great that you took the time to put all this together to prove that you claim they always have great finishes. Oh wait, you accomplished nothing. Kind of like any of the Erstad teams thus far.

1 little run in 1 year out of how many? Oh yeah, you are definitely right saying they ALWAYS finish strong. It is great that you took the time to put all this together to prove that you claim they always have great finishes. Oh wait, you accomplished nothing. Kind of like any of the Erstad teams thus far.
Go right ahead and fixate on the word "ALWAYS" point is Erstad's coaching style is to set his team up to be strong at the end of the season. As usual people like you are to short sighted to see the BIG picture.

Go right ahead and fixate on the word "ALWAYS" point is Erstad's coaching style is to set his team up to be strong at the end of the season. As usual people like you are to short sighted to see the BIG picture.
Break down how his style is conducive to his teams always playing better at the end of the year. Should be easy for you to relay your thoughts on the matter. I look forward to your in-depth analysis and knowledge of the game.

How about we stop having a pissing match and enjoy this run while it's still going on. We've won 7 of our last 8 against decent-to-good competition at a critical time in the season. A month ago most were ready to throw in the towel, I know I was pretty down after getting swept at Michigan. There will be plenty to dissect if they completely fall apart in the next week and a half. The last few weeks is the most complete this team has looked in years with pitching picking up for hitting, hitting picking up for pitching, and both clicking in most games.

Well now, if his coaching style is to set up his team to do well at the end of the season, why is he choosing not to employ that strategy for the first 3/4 of the season?? If so, his strategy just lost the conference title. You're so full of sh*t that it's comical.

Do we know if every game of the conference tourney will be televised? Looks like Neb will be playing in the morning Wednesday and I am pretty sure those games in the past have not been televised ...or at least streamed online for those of us with jobs

Do we know if every game of the conference tourney will be televised? Looks like Neb will be playing in the morning Wednesday and I am pretty sure those games in the past have not been televised ...or at least streamed online for those of us with jobs
Just checked http://btn.com/shows/ for that day and it lists "10:00am BTN Baseball: Tournament Game #1: TBD at TBD" right after the 2014 Michigan at Ohio State football game.

I believe two years ago the issue was that the tournament was originally only 6 teams when the TV contract was signed with BTN, then they expanded to 8 teams at the beginning of the season or shortly thereafter. The conference didn't want to pay more to televise more games, so they didn't televise the first two games on Day 1 and the first game on Day 2.

EDIT: That's 10am EASTERN, 9am CENTRAL for Game 1. Didn't want anyone to get confused by the schedule.

Well now, if his coaching style is to set up his team to do well at the end of the season, why is he choosing not to employ that strategy for the first 3/4 of the season?? If so, his strategy just lost the conference title. You're so full of sh*t that it's comical.

So it's Erstad fault Placzek had a throwing error in the 9th inning against Rutgers to lose the game that would have put us at 16-7 and a game away from winning the title...O.K.

Hahaha. This is great. Never the Osborne hires fault when they lose, just the players. But the coaching is the only reason they win, when they win.
More dynamite reasoning. I await more gems from the tradition coalition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT