ADVERTISEMENT

My Lord...whats up with our Baseball team

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMU is traditionally decent to good. nocolorado on the other hand... yeah they're pretty awful

I'm just happy they didn't have a let down game somewhere in that stretch and lose 1. That's pretty easy to have happen this time of year. I'll take 6 in a row against all college level competition.

I thought we only posted when they lost games.
Actually there is a baseball board too. Or if you want to discuss the team, come to a game. Our season tix are in section 101. Let me know when you are there so you can give me your in-depth baseball analysis.

Reactions: canesFAN_4_life
I thought we only posted when they lost games.
No, a lot of us have been discussing the baseball program's ups and downs for many years, usually in a very balanced manner. This probably comes as a big disappointment to the self-proclaimed Voice of Reason who thinks we're in dire need of his guidance, but it's true.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Actually there is a baseball board too. Or if you want to discuss the team, come to a game. Our season tix are in section 101. Let me know when you are there so you can give me your in-depth baseball analysis.
Perhaps people wouldn't provide smart-ass replies to you if you could, somehow, find it in your soul to not reply to and/or start every thread in a sarcastic/passive-aggressive manner? Just a thought, Mr. Baseball Expert Because I Have Season Tickets.

Funny story, I have several friends who have held HB season tickets for 20+ years. I'm guessing you're the obligatory outspoken dude in the stands who questions every base coach's decision, thinks he could go out there and throw a no-hitter, while turning several double-plays up the middle and going 5-5 at the plate.

Perhaps people wouldn't provide smart-ass replies to you if you could, somehow, find it in your soul to not reply to and/or start every thread in a sarcastic/passive-aggressive manner? Just a thought, Mr. Baseball Expert Because I Have Season Tickets.

Funny story, I have several friends who have held HB season tickets for 20+ years. I'm guessing you're the obligatory outspoken dude in the stands who questions every base coach's decision, thinks he could go out there and throw a no-hitter, while turning several double-plays up the middle and going 5-5 at the plate.
Nah. I enjoy the scenery. Beautiful park. And yes, I will continue to mock and make fun of people by doing the same things they do over and over. Too bad for you, I am sure you don't realize if it was anyone besides Osborne making that hire, people would be up-in-arms. It is possible to seperate the great coach from the lazy administrator.

Also, I don't hate Osborne like the mental midgets think I do. I respect what he did as a coach, a whole hell of a lot. Many here continue to show they don't possess basic cognative thinking ability to differentiate the coach from the AD.

Reactions: saluno22
Maybe the made-up BOR meeting with Eichorst was to apologize to him for the shit-shows Osborne left him.

lol. It is one game. Very young staff. Take your Adderall and some breaths.....Innnnnnn.......... oooooooout. now tune in tomorrow. or don't.
But yet you show up when we beat Northern Colorado and sisters of the poor..... nice backpedal. Little league games don't have 17 walks. And most of those kids have more will to win.

lol. It is one game. Very young staff. Take your Adderall and some breaths.....Innnnnnn.......... oooooooout. now tune in tomorrow. or don't.
True one game...of course, Erstad hasn't done squat the past 4 years but I'm sure you're not counting because he just loves Nebraska so much. Tell me...how did he do with an experienced staff last year? Oh and BTW, NU started a junior today who will likely turn pro after this year. Hope we win tomorrow. Wichita is garbage

True one game...of course, Erstad hasn't done squat the past 4 years but I'm sure you're not counting because he just loves Nebraska so much. Tell me...how did he do with an experienced staff last year? Oh and BTW, NU started a junior today who will likely turn pro after this year. Hope we win tomorrow. Wichita is garbage
He's an expert, just ask him.

He's an expert, just ask him.
Yep. The young "excuse" is such a likely excuse for the apologist. They will ignore Erstads 8th place Big Ten finish last year with an experienced team...because well he loves Nebraska so much and darn it according to Osborne that's what matters most. Oh well...he's right, just 1 game in a long season but that was embarrassing today. Need to win the next two.

Reactions: keithleyb
Yep. The young "excuse" is such a likely excuse for the apologist. They will ignore Erstads 8th place Big Ten finish last year with an experienced team...because well he loves Nebraska so much and darn it according to Osborne that's what matters most. Oh well...he's right, just 1 game in a long season but that was embarrassing today. Need to win the next two.
we will not finish 8th...lol

[QUOTE="huskerbaseball13, post: 2150562, member: 3158"Where did I say we would finish 8th this year...lol[/QUOTE]
Perhaps some. I will admit I miss read. so, Why don't you give us you prediction on where we will finish? And tell us where we should finish?

[QUOTE="huskerbaseball13, post: 2150562, member: 3158"Where did I say we would finish 8th this year...lol
Perhaps some. I will admit I miss read. so, Why don't you give us you prediction on where we will finish? And tell us where we should finish?[/QUOTE] I can see us finishing anywhere between first and sixth place in the big ten. We should be in the top three just about every year and it shouldn't take 5+ plus years to bring home hardware.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
We should be too 2 or 3 every year. Facilities, talent, everything we have to offer. Maryland made the conference more formidable. I want to watch teams that seem to care. Not how neat they can keep their uniforms. Give me a bunch of guys that play with a chip on their shoulder.

Always wanted guys that play with the dirtbag mindset, can get dirty in a clean room type of guy. You need studs to play at the highest levels consistently but without the hard nose guys you tend to lose the closer games. It's greedy but always want my best players to be my hardest workers and the most willing to get dirty on the diamond.

Always wanted guys that play with the dirtbag mindset, can get dirty in a clean room type of guy. You need studs to play at the highest levels consistently but without the hard nose guys you tend to lose the closer games. It's greedy but always want my best players to be my hardest workers and the most willing to get dirty on the diamond.

Described my catcher the last couple years perfectly. Not the most talented kid but he hated the thought of "failing" more than anyone. Played so hard we were constantly worried he'd hurt himself, and he did from time to time. Breaking a foot at one point. Loved that kid.

Reactions: baseball31ne
We should be too 2 or 3 every year. Facilities, talent, everything we have to offer. Maryland made the conference more formidable. I want to watch teams that seem to care. Not how neat they can keep their uniforms. Give me a bunch of guys that play with a chip on their shoulder.

This. B10 should have been easy pickings. I realize we've been a young team (muck like the basketball team) perpetually but c'mon. When do the excuses stop? Nice streak last week against legion teams.

This. B10 should have been easy pickings. I realize we've been a young team (muck like the basketball team) perpetually but c'mon. When do the excuses stop? Nice streak last week against legion teams.
Youth excuse is tiresome. College teams always have young players. Nebraska fans seem to think we play in pro leagues. It's lame.

Youth excuse is tiresome. College teams always have young players. Nebraska fans seem to think we play in pro leagues. It's lame.
My attempt at sarcasm didn't go as planned. Too much tequila while laying by the beach at the Azul Sensatori resort in Mexico. I agree 4.6.3. Tired of the "always young" excuse. Either do your job while making an insane amount of money or next man up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT