ADVERTISEMENT

Music City Bowl, December 30 vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashville is a million times better than Tampa. And it's alot less expensive to go. I could care less what day it is. If you don't play in the NY6 games, what difference does it truly make?

I will get to watch two blue blood programs in a great city for a fraction of the price. Consider me happy.

Do you deny that those are big name programs? What do their records this year have to do with anything?
You are correct about Norte Dame. Big HISTORICAL name program that hasn't done squat since the turn of the century. We are in perfect company.

I truly feel that if this team is healthy, they are a very good team. Sadly they haven't been healthy,and have little to no depth.

Nashville is a million times better than Tampa. And it's alot less expensive to go. I could care less what day it is. If you don't play in the NY6 games, what difference does it truly make?

I will get to watch two blue blood programs in a great city for a fraction of the price. Consider me happy.
For that matter, we are arguably in a better position that Wisconsin, who is in a New years Six bowl, but has to play Western Michigan.

Reactions: wkato
For that matter, we are arguably in a better position that Wisconsin, who is in a New years Six bowl, but has to play Western Michigan.

I'd have loved to play in a New Years 6 Cotton Bowl, I even had a place to stay with a high school buddy who has Dallas Cowboy season tickets... Seeing a game in Jerry world would have been a hoot.Winking

Reactions: TFrazier

Reason number 7 that you may be a fan of a non-relevant college football team - you focus on the city that the bowl game is played in versus the relevancy of the bowl game itself.

I'd have loved to play in a New Years 6 Cotton Bowl, I even had a place to stay with a high school buddy who has Dallas Cowboy season tickets... Seeing a game in Jerry world would have been a hoot.Winking

I saw Nebraska and Oklahoma play in the last Big 12 Championship. Jerry's World is simply incredible. I would go back to see the Huskers play in that stadium in a heart beat!!! Winking

Reactions: scarletred
So your excited to see a low effort spanking? Sorry can't share your enthusiasm.
You mean like our bowl game last year that we had practically no chance of winning? If you think this is a guaranteed spanking, you apparently don't know anything about Tennessee or haven't watched them this year. This is a team that gave up 720 yards to a team that finished 4-8. And I'm sure they're going to be just thrilled to be going to the same city in which they played their last game(which resulted in a loss) in a season in what was supposed to be their breakout year.

Last edited:
Ahhh, sorry I don't see your logic of being happy about playing in the Music city bowl over a Jan 2 Outback bowl... Please enlighten me.

The B1G sent NU to three Florida bowl games in its first three years in the league, and Husker fans showed their appreciation by staying home in droves.

Fans whined that plane tickets, Orlando hotels, Disney, etc. are all too expensive and they just wanted a bowl game they could drive to -- well, now they have it.

Time to put up or shut up.

Glad we're in a bowl, but I'm kinda done with this team until it starts showing some effort and smart play. It will be the old story.
tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif

Reactions: 9and4 and timnsun
Hey guys. I think we are just like you guys wishing we hadn't crapped the bed for a better bowl location. All things considered, it really is a quality matchup for a consolation prize. We are a pretty damn good team when healthy, but have shown the ability to shit the bed at any given moment.

We should be relatively healthy except the huge season ending losses we have had this year. I think it will be a great game regardless.

#2 west division team should always trump the #3 team in the same division. Especially with head to head being a 30-point win in the final game to determine division finish.

Has nothing to do with "cred" but instead, simple logic.

Super fan has spoken, yikes.

while in general I agree .. but unless I'm mistaken the Outback could have taken any BIG team still on the board ... they could have taken either Nebraska or Iowa

I'm sure there was a detailed eval of which program they wanted in their bowl and at the end of the day they decided that it was better for business to have Iowa painted in one of the end zones rather than Nebraska, and black and gold in the stands rather than red. In short, in the analysis of the Outback bowl committee, it was a better business decision for the bowl, Tampa and surrounding area to invite Iowa rather than a blue blood program - Nebraska. At one point in the now distant past any bowl wouldn't have given it a second thought when the opportunity to have Nebraska and Florida play on New Years Day was possible.

Hey guys. I think we are just like you guys wishing we hadn't crapped the bed for a better bowl location. All things considered, it really is a quality matchup for a consolation prize. We are a pretty damn good team when healthy, but have shown the ability to shit the bed at any given moment.

We should be relatively healthy except the huge season ending losses we have had this year. I think it will be a great game regardless.
Agreed-I think it's a pretty even matchup all things considered.

Reactions: Doniphan89
while in general I agree .. but unless I'm mistaken the Outback could have taken any BIG team still on the board ... they could have taken either Nebraska or Iowa

I'm sure there was a detailed eval of which program they wanted in their bowl and at the end of the day they decided that it was better for business to have Iowa painted in one of the end zones rather than Nebraska, and black and gold in the stands rather than red. In short, in the analysis of the Outback bowl committee, it was a better business decision for the bowl, Tampa and surrounding area to invite Iowa rather than a blue blood program - Nebraska. At one point in the now distant past any bowl wouldn't have given it a second thought when the opportunity to have Nebraska and Florida play on New Years Day was possible.

Oh boy, fantasy land conspiracy while common sense says take the #2 west division team that ended the season on a better note.

Oh here we go again. Good lord. Are you tracking IP addresses now? It's called a work trip, bud. But believe what you want.
Must be the longest work trip ever. I, and others, have serious questions on whether you are actually a Husker fan. Kind of funny your account shows up after the Iowa/NU game, you do nothing but bag on the Huskers and your complete posting history is from Cedar Rapids and not LeMars.

Reason number 7 that you may be a fan of a non-relevant college football team - you focus on the city that the bowl game is played in versus the relevancy of the bowl game itself.

If we would have beaten Iowa and got snubbed from a NY6 bowl then I woukd have been upset. At 9-3 I don't care what bowl we go to. I'd rather be in a good city to spend my money to be with my family and friends.

But I guess this is the internet so we have to question people's fandom!

Must be the longest work trip ever. I, and others, have serious questions on whether you are actually a Husker fan. Kind of funny your account shows up after the Iowa/NU game, you do nothing but bag on the Huskers and your complete posting history is from Cedar Rapids and not LeMars.

So you're tracking IP addresses? That's pretty creepy for an admin to be doing.

I couldn't care less what you believe. I don't need to explain my situation to you, even though clearly you think you're someone special.

Many of the things I've said I've received likes from other Husker fans. I've said plenty things that aren't bagging on the Huskers. Just because you don't like the cold he's truth, doesn't mean I'm a troll.

You don't think we are going to be severely outnumbered in Nashville? Okay then...

//rolls eyes.

I couldn't care less what you believe. I don't need to explain my situation to you, even though clearly you think you're someone special.

Many of the things I've said I've received likes from other Husker fans. I've said plenty things that aren't bagging on the Huskers. Just because you don't like the cold he's truth, doesn't mean I'm a troll.

You don't think we are going to be severely outnumbered in Nashville? Okay then...

//rolls eyes.
No, it's what an admin does when we question who someone is. We have had plenty of people who pose as Husker fans from other fan bases.

Where are the prediction threads for the bowl game??????

Someone should start one... just sayin'...

NU 38
UT 35

If Vandy can beat them (45 - 34), surely a healthy NU team can!! :D

What a Joke. This is what we get for getting embarrassed by IOWA. Big deal if we beat the Vols. App State nearly beat them right out of the gate. A mediocre bowl for two average teams. This is sure to inspire new recruits.

West side
Are you sure? Seriously, I am buying tickets and I am a cornhusker through and through. Born and raised in Grand Island, but in Memphis for most of my life. So how do they decide this?

//rolls eyes.
I looked through all of your posts. In every single one of them(except for this thread), you bash Nebraska and praise Iowa. Not a whole lot to go on to prove you really are a Husker fan. It doesn't mean you aren't, but you really don't have any reason to get angry at somebody who questions you based on what you have written.

Are you sure? Seriously, I am buying tickets and I am a cornhusker through and through. Born and raised in Grand Island, but in Memphis for most of my life. So how do they decide this?
http://www.musiccitybowl.com/tickets/

INDIVIDUAL TICKETS
If you're looking for individual tickets to this year's game, please check out our primary inventory on Ticketmaster.

NOTE: Nebraska will be on the west side of the stadium and Tennessee will be on the east side of the stadium.

Reactions: Doniphan89
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT