ADVERTISEMENT

Music City Bowl, December 30 vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's what an admin does when we question who someone is. We have had plenty of people who pose as Husker fans from other fan bases.

Question whatever you want big bad admin. Nothing I've said is that negative and again, it's the cold hard truth. Like it or not. Why have other folks liked so many of my posts? Believe it or not, not everyone sees the world through your rose colored glasses.

So you don't think we'll be severely outnumbered by Tennessee fans?

I figured the only chance Nebraska had of playing on January 1, was if 2 teams from the conference got into the playoff.

Reactions: Scott559
#2 west division team should always trump the #3 team in the same division. Especially with head to head being a 30-point win in the final game to determine division finish.

Has nothing to do with "cred" but instead, simple logic.

Super fan has spoken, yikes.

Ahh, a reminder....the #3 team in the division kicked the crap out of the #2 team in the division in the last game

Since we are going there, I just hope we can get healthy and organized and get a win. Looks to me like Tennessee is a good 8-4 team, not a lucky 8-4. So this won't be any cakewalk.

Reactions: newAD
Since we are going there, I just hope we can get healthy and organized and get a win. Looks to me like Tennessee is a good 8-4 team, not a lucky 8-4. So this won't be any cakewalk.
Not a lucky 8-4? Perhaps you didn't see the Appalachian State or Georgia games? If we had won those games like Tennessee won them, lots of people on here would be saying we were lucky to be 8-4 and not 6-6.

Lot of butt hurt out there about Nashville instead of Tampa. The staff is at end of year two. Things went south in more than just a "Pelini is a psycho" kind of way. The talent cupboard looks pretty bare in spots, esp the lines.
Whether we are in Tampa or Nashville is probably not so high on the list of priorities for this staff.

Holiday could have picked Nebraska but the league wants teams to play in different bowls each year, so Nebraska was skipped for Minnesota.

Just deal with it. Crap

Question whatever you want big bad admin. Nothing I've said is that negative and again, it's the cold hard truth. Like it or not. Why have other folks liked so many of my posts? Believe it or not, not everyone sees the world through your rose colored glasses.

So you don't think we'll be severely outnumbered by Tennessee fans?

Tennessee fans are going to outnumber Nebraska fans 10-1 is the "cold hard truth"?

I rarely if ever make a wager but I would take that one straight up for any amount.

The B1G sent NU to three Florida bowl games in its first three years in the league, and Husker fans showed their appreciation by staying home in droves.

Fans whined that plane tickets, Orlando hotels, Disney, etc. are all too expensive and they just wanted a bowl game they could drive to -- well, now they have it.

Time to put up or shut up.
mods can I like this post a hundred times.....

Not a lucky 8-4? Perhaps you didn't see the Appalachian State or Georgia games? If we had won those games like Tennessee won them, lots of people on here would be saying we were lucky to be 8-4 and not 6-6.

If you're going to asterisk Tennessee wins you have to do it to the lossesas well.

We committed 7 turnovers at Texas A&M and the game still went to double OT. (this was in College Station with A&M ranked in the top 10)

I have never adheared to the "change one play and change the outcome of the game" thought process. Any game that ends in one score or less could be scrutinized in such a way, but the reality is, "game defining" plays are only one of a 130+ plays throughout a game.

Wait a minute, Tennessee is the team that everybody was talking about the Dark Horse Contender to take down Alabama play in the college football playoff. Least at the start of the year. Before the games actually got going. And Tennessee showed who they are. So it's not a New Year's Day game, it's a decent opponent with a fairly substantial name historically and it's a chance to get some good work in and get down into Tennessee and some of them other southern states with a little bit of reputation and maybe find some schools down there to get some contacts built in an area that we don't normally recruit a ton because there are a lot of talented players down there.

For the numnuts trashing the bowl, here's a small list of the programs that have played in it:

Alabama
Clemson
LSU
Notre Dame
Florida State
Georgia
Wisconsin
Louisville

I'll just stop there....

Reactions: Bugeater
For the numnuts trashing the bowl, here's a small list of the programs that have played in it:

Alabama
Clemson
LSU
Notre Dame
Florida State
Georgia
Wisconsin
Louisville

I'll just stop there....

No please continue, you forgot Minnesota... They have won More Music city bowls than any other bowl.
And let's not forget Football power Kentucky who has a 2-2 record in the Nashville bowl..

Ohhh ya, Vanderbilt is 2-0 in this bowl game too.

But most importantly Alabama is 0-2 in the Music City losing to Minny and the VERY first bowl game against V-Tech in 1998.

Last edited:
I usually can call when no-namer trolls will flood in and start firing off hot takes.

Gotta say, this one confuses me.

Only thing I hate is 230 game. Most people in the real world will be at work and will miss it!!

Alabama
Clemson
LSU
Notre Dame
Florida State
Georgia
Wisconsin
Louisville

I'll just stop there....

i sincerely hope this is sarcasm ...

9-3 represents clear progress - kudos to the staff and players
but none of those programs were doing cartwheels about going to the Music City Bowl .. it is an accomplishment for this team and staff given the current state of the program, but perennial trips to the Music City Bowls of the world is going to get you canned at most of the programs on that list

next step is to win the bowl game to build for next year and improve our place in the conference pecking order

Mid-afternoon game on a Friday is not good. I may not be able to even see the game live depending on what is happening at work.

Couple thoughts.

1) B1G bowls have less say in what B1G team they choose. Delaney wanted more input (and got it) because teams were headed to the same place, against the same team, too frequently.

2) Iowa's AD was on his knees and begged to get into the Outback Bowl.

3) Iowa played Tennessee 2 years ago, it was ugly. Iowa begged not to be there and Delaney didn't want a rematch in a bowl (and had the power to do something). Pretty simple.

4) If you're a single guy in your 20's grab your buddies and get your ass to Nashville. So many women. You won't regret it. Easy road trip.

5) If you're an old married guy, like me, take your wife, grab your friends, it's a great place for a weekend.

6) Yeah, I'd like to be 13-0 and headed to be Peach Bowl too. But, this season showed a lot of progress, there's a shot for 10 wins, and we're playing a super talented SEC team. Rocky Top on their turf. This looks like a hell of a trip.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Couple thoughts.

1) B1G bowls have less say in what B1G team they choose. Delaney wanted more input (and got it) because teams were headed to the same place, against the same team, too frequently.

2) Iowa's AD was on his knees and begged to get into the Outback Bowl.

3) Iowa played Tennessee 2 years ago, it was ugly. Iowa begged not to be there and Delaney didn't want a rematch in a bowl (and had the power to do something). Pretty simple.

4) If you're a single guy in your 20's grab your buddies and get your ass to Nashville. So many women. You won't regret it. Easy road trip.

5) If you're an old married guy, like me, take your wife, grab your friends, it's a great place for a weekend.

6) Yeah, I'd like to be 13-0 and headed to be Peach Bowl too. But, this season showed a lot of progress, there's a shot for 10 wins, and we're playing a super talented SEC team. Rocky Top on their turf. This looks like a hell of a trip.

Not so sure about points 1-3. I do know that the Outback guy said they know what Iowa brings (been there 4 times since 2003) and the strong November made it easy for them to pick Iowa as the B1G team.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Nothing I've said is that negative and again, it's the cold hard truth. Like it or not. Why have other folks liked so many of my posts? Believe it or not, not everyone sees the world through your rose colored glasses.

Because I like Blue Bunny and the Habituae and Bob's Hotdogs and LeMars, I like you.... Regardless of where you post from.

My wife is a LeMartian and I am not holding that against you. I am pretty sure you have nothing to do with how mad I can make her.

ps. I do not believe that Archie's Wayside is one of the country's best steak houses.

Reactions: Herkmeister
You mean the Notre Dame team that lost 8 games this season and the LSU team that fired their head coach this year? I am pumped!!!

Well, if that's the measuring stick, then the college playoffs would be an absolute disgrace to end up at, considering Michigan State went 3-9 this year.

Nebraska has the chance to have a double-digit win season with a bowl victory over a tough SEC opponent. In the words of Bob Knight, "Relax and enjoy it."

Honestly, if you aren't in one of the big 6 bowl games(or whatever they call them), does it really matter what bowl game you play in? They are all pretty much the same to me. Just another game. Nashville is intriguing to me. Been through there a couple times, but never have stayed there. To me, being able to go differerent places would be cool to me.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Actually if not in the final 4 who gives a shit. We are playing a solid SEC team and Nashville is awesome scene. Husker fans will love the scene far better than Tampa for fun in a bowl setting. Gaylord at Grand OL Opry is bad awesome hotel btw

Actually if not in the final 4 who gives a shit. We are playing a solid SEC team and Nashville is awesome scene. Husker fans will love the scene far better than Tampa for fun in a bowl setting. Gaylord at Grand OL Opry is bad awesome hotel btw
Having just been to Tampa, Nashville is a better city in which to spend a weekend.

Why are people complaining? Bowl games outside the big 6 literally don't matter as long as you have a quality name-brand opponent, which Tennessee is.

Reactions: kaz36
No doubt, Tampa has Ybor City but Neb fans wouldn't like it, Nashville is country bars and really cool area. Similar to 6th street in Austin with solid music venues. Good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT