ADVERTISEMENT

Music City Bowl, December 30 vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple thoughts.

4) If you're a single guy in your 20's grab your buddies and get your ass to Nashville. So many women. You won't regret it. Easy road trip.

5) If you're an old married guy, like me, take your wife, grab your friends, it's a great place for a weekend.

This looks like a hell of a trip.
Pretty much nails it. Lots to do there according to friends that trip there.

I am in Nashville monthly. There is a lot to do there. Great music of many types, great food too. Downtown has a good proximity to the stadium. There are far worse places to be, and there are better places to be. Give it a shot. You should have a good time if you do.

I am in Nashville monthly. There is a lot to do there. Great music of many types, great food too. Downtown has a good proximity to the stadium. There are far worse places to be, and there are better places to be. Give it a shot. You should have a good time if you do.

For Husker fans who like hockey (like me), the Preds host the Black Hawks on the 29th.

Sucks for recruiting but nobody to blame but ourselves. From a top 8 ranking to unranked with 2 ass beating down the stretch.
Sounds familiar...don't worry we're extremely disappointed in the season and bowl destination as well guys. Y'all come on over to Nashville, at least we can all get drunk and cry in our beers. Looking forward to seeing the Big Red come to Nashville.

i sincerely hope this is sarcasm ...

9-3 represents clear progress - kudos to the staff and players
but none of those programs were doing cartwheels about going to the Music City Bowl .. it is an accomplishment for this team and staff given the current state of the program, but perennial trips to the Music City Bowls of the world is going to get you canned at most of the programs on that list

next step is to win the bowl game to build for next year and improve our place in the conference pecking order

Who's doing cartwheels? Are you one of the fools that think this team was loaded with studs?

Reactions: GBRhuskers
As an Iowa fan I was hoping Neb would get the Outback nod and Iowa would go to Nashville. The reasoning is Iowa has been to the Outback a lot of times and played FLA quite a few times as well. A lot of Iowa fans put up a lot of cash last year for the Rose Bowl so there is a little bowl fatigue on our end. Nashville would have been a very easy drive from IC.

Anyways, good luck and represent the BIG

For those that think this bowl is not good for recruiting, Michigan held a sattelite camp there in june. Area is exploding with lots of new tallent. Nashville is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.

If anyone wants GREAT seats to the game email me. I bought 3 as a Christmas gift but can't attend now due to family medical emergency. Lower level Husker sideline row 19 about the 20-25 yard line. cdrift24@yahoo.com for more info.

Don't mind the bowl. Don't mind the opponent. Hate that it's at 230 on a work day.

Downtown Nashville is great, I have been down there several times and the lower Broadway, 2ndt St. strips are great. They have a pretty decent joint Marching Band event the night before the game in 2nd Street, right in front of many clubs and bars you can hop in and out of.

I was never much of a country music fan, but found hanging out in the old time Nashville taverns on Broadway to be a unique and very fun time. There are some larger, newer, and less Country type clubs around, as well as a of good dining options. Everything can be done while walking, if you stay downtown, and there are enough cabs to get you around as well.

All of these places have stages (some in the front window) where very talented Nashville session musicians play every night, for no charge. They can play any type of music. The GF kept given the band in the larger bar/ BBQ joint near the Hockey arena. $20 bills and they kept playing Pink Floyd songs.

The Ryman Auditorium, the scene of the old Grand Old Opry is right out the back door of several places, to people like me, it was sort of nice to think that people like Hank Williams and George Jones used to probably sneak out of the Opry, to the other side of the alley for a quick bump.

My favorite place is Roberts Western World. If you happen t walk in you will know you are there when you notice the hundreds of cowboy boots on the walls.

http://robertswesternworld.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/roberts-western-world-nashville

Last edited:
Reactions: rrthusker
Downtown Nashville is great, I have been down there several times and the lower Broadway, 2ndt St. strips are great. They have a pretty decent joint Marching Band event the night before the game in 2nd Street, right in front of many clubs and bars you can hop in and out of.

I was never much of a country music fan, but found hanging out in the old time Nashville taverns on Broadway to be a unique and very fun time. There are some larger, newer, and less Country type clubs around, as well as a of good dining options. Everything can be done while walking, if you stay downtown, and there are enough cabs to get you around as well.

All of these places have stages (some in the front window) where very talented Nashville session musicians play every night, for no charge. They can play any type of music. The GF kept given the band in the larger bar/ BBQ joint near the Hockey arena. $20 bills and they kept playing Pink Floyd songs.

The Ryman Auditorium, the scene of the old Grand Old Opry is right out the back door of several places, to people like me, it was sort of nice to think that people like Hank Williams and George Jones used to probably sneak out of the Opry, to the other side of the alley for a quick bump.

My favorite place is Roberts Western World. If you happen t walk in you will know you are there when you notice the hundreds of cowboy boots on the walls.

http://robertswesternworld.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/roberts-western-world-nashville
The Ryman is a must-see. It was renovated right before the big floods about 6.5 years ago. Also the country music hall of fame is pretty neat. Last time we were there, the rotating exhibit was the Williams family history.
Spent the rest of the time jumping in and out of bars on Broadway. Such a good vibe.

I Really hope the Huskers know what they are in for. This is no vacation for Tennessee. They just got the #1 recruit in the nation and they are in a very similar situation as Nebraska. They were suppose to better than they did, so They Are Hungry and they are going to Ready To Go.
I am praying the huskers don't embarrass the fans that open the money and time to go all the way down there.
Lets Get It Together And Go WIN This Game Boys!!!! GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I really can't believe no one has raised a stink about the day of the week this game is being held on... it's a Friday, and we all know Fridays are for high school football... ;)

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Not only did senior quarterback Joshua Dobbs finish his career with a four-touchdown operation, 409 total yards and break the school record for rushing touchdowns in a season with his 12th, star junior defensive end Derek Barnett also broke Reggie White's all-time sack record in the fourth quarter. He is a great player and every fun should his resume discover and be proud of this player. It was the game. Tennessee piled up 521 yards of total offense, and it enhanced tremendously to finish the season though the defense was not good.

Not only did senior quarterback Joshua Dobbs finish his career with a four-touchdown operation, 409 total yards and break the school record for rushing touchdowns in a season with his 12th, star junior defensive end Derek Barnett also broke Reggie White's all-time sack record in the fourth quarter. He is a great player and every fun should his resume discover and be proud of this player. It was the game. Tennessee piled up 521 yards of total offense, and it enhanced tremendously to finish the season though the defense was not good.
Huh?

The hell this come from?

Out of that entire slaughter of our beloved English language, how you managed to correctly hyphenate between "four" and "touchdown" is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT