ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Riley Salary Oregon State

You guys need to put that Bo card away for good. It's old ratty, doesn't belong in current conversations and really has no bearing on what is happening now
That's cute. By that logic, neither does Riley. But that's fair game. What a bunch of clowns.

Nah, I drew a valid comparison to all you babies crying all of the sudden, and you ignored it. You act like you are effected at all, when not a dime comes out of your pocket. Bloners are Really, really slow. Do I need to type slower for you guys? Apparently so.
I didn't complain about money, I just laughed at what a fraud Riley is. I have no problem saying Bo is a fraud.

I just think it's funny that you have been exposed as a complete fool.

And when you are, you bring up Bo because you can't defend your clown.

well done, please keep going

I'm going to close out with this
You can usually find out who people are really about by how they deal with money

Nothing on its own is bad
Together it's a pattern of behavior

This is a man who was never comitted to being here or becoming part of the community and building a winner. I firmly believe he was here solely to maximize his own wealth

Riley didn't have his own local charity that he founded or even supported
Osborne had teammates, bo warts and all had his own 501c3 charity that helped local causes and people
This from a man worth multi millions

Riley lived like a short term gypsy in a hotel for a year then in a furnished apartment- one tiny step above a Hotel

Riley then goes along with a scam with osu to circumvent his employment contract in a way that his new employer is allowed in essence to steal over $1,000,000 from nu, an employer that is paying him over $12,000,000

And yes not liscencing your local car to avoid paying over $600 in taxes, keeping the plates on from a state you haven't lived in for 3 years is part of that pattern

Knowing more now, I went from being a fan of his niceness and civility, while knowing he was an incompetent coach- to now viewing him as a smiling selfish self promoter only interested in himself and $$$

Last edited:
You can usually find out who people are really about by how they deal with money

This is a man who was never comitted to being here or becoming part of the community and building a winner. I firmly believe he was here solely to maximize his own wealth

Osborne had teammates, bo warts and all had his own 501c3 charity that helped local causes and people

Riley lived like a short term gypsy in a hotel for a year then in a furnished apartment- one tiny step above a Hotel

Riley then goes along with a scam with osu to circumvent his employment contract in a way that his new employer is allowed in essence to steal over $1,000,000 from nu, an employer that is paying him over $12,000,000

And yes not liscencing your local car to avoid paying over $600 in taxes, keeping the plates on from a state you haven't lived in for 3 years is part of that pattern

Knowing more now, I went from being a fan of his niceness and civility, while knowing he was an incompetent coach- to now viewing him as a selfish self promoter only interested in himself and $$$
And you don't pay a dime. Keep bitching, because if you can tell who people are by how they deal with money.... you live in an alternate reality of make believe where you like to pretend you are effected in the slightest.

Nobody is mad, they are just pointing out your boy is a fraud. And you are upset because you were the last one to see it. Maybe you should change your name again.
It wouldn't matter.......his style is easy to recognize. He argues with everyone and thinks everyone else is stupid. Kind of like the guy at a poker table who hasn't' figured out who the sucker is after 15 minutes.

Reactions: scarletred
He was exactly who most of us thought he was...a regular dude that did regular things and acted regular.
He was the right personality at the right time. He saw a cash cow at Neb and took it before it was to late. Now he is back home and Riley U. He already has a sweet payday coming in from us. So I am sure he figure, why not free up salary for other coaches. It is shady and unethical as F&*%%, but I don't think there is much Neb can or will do about it.

Knowing more now, I went from being a fan of his niceness and civility, while knowing he was an incompetent coach- to now viewing him as a selfish self promoter only interested in himself and $$$
And this is what I’m talking about... how many times are you going to say this in this thread? Did you really need to “close out with this” when you led with it and used it in the middle?

Like I’ve said, you’ve made your stance clear. Posting it again doesn’t make it any clearer. Will you close it out again tomorrow? Every day for the next week?

We know where you stand. You don’t need to show us again.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
How dare Riley not be fair to the school that fired him! I know if my employer fired me, my main concern would be their financial well being.

Last edited:
How dare Riley not be fair to the school that fired him! I know if my employer fired me, my main concern would be their financial well being.
While that is very true, I just think many though of Riley as this ethical and morally amazing man. This is just a bit of a shock to many.

Reactions: davecisar
In spite of what some want to think.........the majority of the people believe that clause was in there for a reason. And that was to prevent MR from conspiring with another entity to employ him at a sharply reduced wage knowing its a benefit to that entity at the expense of Nebraska.

What happens from here who knows. But for anyone to say that isn't the purpose of that cause or to argue that isn't what is happening here is really just showing they are still on the Mike Riley band wagon.

And the crusade continues... last thing you’ll say huh?
anyone not upset that Oregon States football program is now in part being subsidized by Nebraska needs to have their head examined. OSU fans even get it http://bennyshouse.com/thread/8084/rileys-salary

This is a giant FU to Nebraska, considering this program also saved his buddies from being fired at OSU and we paid him a bunch of money for crap I would say Riley deserves no respect from NU fans. If you want to bend over for him while he smiles and still screws the program then that is your choice. I really do not like what he is doing and it was not needed OSU could have paid more but still below market price and everyone would just move on but $50,000? they only chose that because that is the lowest listed CFB asst coach salary available

Last edited:
anyone not upset that Oregon States football program is now in part being subsidized by Nebraska needs to have their head examined. OSU fans even get it http://bennyshouse.com/thread/8084/rileys-salary

This is a giant FU to Nebraska, considering this program also saved his buddies from being fired at OSU and we paid him a bunch of money for crap I would say Riley deserves no respect from NU fans. If you want to bend over for him while he smiles and still screws the program then that is your choice. I really do not like what he is doing and it was not needed OSU could have paid more but still below market price and everyone would just move on but $50,000? they only chose that because that is the lowest listed CFB asst coach salary available
Here’s my point... this thread is 7 flipping pages long!

And so yes, I will say the crusade continues.

Reactions: dinglefritz

If you were under contract not to do what he just did, I bet you -- and most people -- would be concerned about it.

If you were under contract not to do what he just did, I bet you -- and most people -- would be concerned about it.
I do agree with you on this. He should abide by the terms of his contract. My beef has more to do with the witch hunt.

Some on this board have made it there mission to make Riley not only a bad coach but also a terrible person.

I wish those people would just let it rest.

I do agree with you on this. He should abide by the terms of his contract. My beef has more to do with the witch hunt.

Some on this board have made it there mission to make Riley not only a bad coach but also a terrible person.

I wish those people would just let it rest.
If you haven't figured it out by now, the Riley crusaders on this board don't seem to play with a full deck of cards. To be that obsessed with him is not normal. Moos and the BOR will handle it IF they even want to pursue it. In Pelini's case the idea of firing with cause would have had to be heavily litigated. In this case, IF they want to pursue it, it appears that it would be an open and shut case with little logical defense. IF they don't pursue it, that tells me that there was either another private agreement struck with Riley or that they think it's not worth pursuing..

Reactions: gw2kpro
Nah, I drew a valid comparison to all you babies crying all of the sudden, and you ignored it. You act like you are effected at all, when not a dime comes out of your pocket. Bloners are Really, really slow. Do I need to type slower for you guys? Apparently so.

There are, actually, many dollars, not just dimes, that come out of many pockets from folks here if they have to pay the U contributions to get seats and increasing ticket prices, so I don't think that statement is accurate or perhaps not well thought out.

her are, actually, many dollars, not just dimes, that come out of may pockets from folks here if they have to pay the U contributions to get tickets and increasing ticket prices, so I don't think that statement is accurate or perhaps not well thought out.
It amounts to ONE HALF of a hot dog for every fan at ONE NU home game. That's it. That's the $ amount.

Here’s my point... this thread is 7 flipping pages long!

And so yes, I will say the crusade continues.
Timnsun......you are correct that it is a surprise that it is 7 pages long. But ask yourself why. Almost anyone with common sense recognizes this for being wrong. 4 of the pages are a couple of posters defending Riley on it and o ne certain poster keeps bringing Bo into it. It probably would have run its course a few pages ago except for that.

Keep in mind that constantly going back to past coaches for arguments sake usually serves no purpose but this thread and situation regarding MR is present time.

Reactions: scarletred
Timnsun......you are correct that it is a surprise that it is 7 pages long. But ask yourself why. Almost anyone with common sense recognizes this for being wrong. 4 of the pages are a couple of posters defending Riley on it and o ne certain poster keeps bringing Bo into it. It probably would have run its course a few pages ago except for that.

Keep in mind that constantly going back to past coaches for arguments sake usually serves no purpose but this thread and situation regarding MR is present time.
I do agree with you here. Doesn’t need 7 pages, and a lot of it is back and forth stuff.

He was the right personality at the right time. He saw a cash cow at Neb and took it before it was to late. Now he is back home and Riley U. He already has a sweet payday coming in from us. So I am sure he figure, why not free up salary for other coaches. It is shady and unethical as F&*%%, but I don't think there is much Neb can or will do about it.

Like I said...I hope he gets it all

Like I said...I hope he gets it all

You realize under the terms of his contract that Nebraska is abiding by (and he is not) riley is getting it all

The difference is if riley is paid 50k he still makes the exact same amount as when he is paid the legitimate market rate of an assistant head coach of 400k

The deal is Mike Riley makes the exact same amount under the scam scenario as the legit market rate scenario

In the 50k scam scenario nu pays Riley all but 50k of the amount owed, he gets the rest from osu
Under the honest market rate scenario nus obligation is reduced by 400k a year, so over 1,000,000 over 3 years- again Riley gets every penny owed - just paid by different parties

So if you are an osu fan it's great
If you are a real fan of nu, not so much
We could put that money to work at nebraska
In either event Riley is paid the same

Blatant unethical money grab
In either event he gets it "all" in spite of his total lack of effort and success

Hope that clears it up for you
Not very cool or appreciative from someone nu paid $12,000,000 for just 19 wins, 620k per win
It isnt like he was fired from a minimum wage Walmart job and never missed a day of work and was paid $100 severance . Him and his family should be genuflecting every time they hear the word Nebraska - thanking them for $12,000,000

Last edited:
You realize under the terms of his contract that Nebraska is abiding by (and he is not) riley is getting it all

The difference is if riley is paid 50k he still makes the exact same amount as when he is paid the legitimate market rate of an assistant head coach of 400k

The deal is Mike Riley makes the exact same amount under the scam scenario as the legit market rate scenario

In the 50k scam scenario nu pays Riley all but 50k of the amount owed, he gets the rest from osu
Under the honest market rate scenario nus obligation is reduced by 400k a year, so over 1,000,000 over 3 years- again Riley gets every penny owed - just paid by different parties

In either event he gets it "all" in spite of his total lack of effort and success

Not very cool or appreciative from someone nu paid $12,000,000 for just 19 wins
It isnt ike he was fired from Walmart and never missed a day of work and was paid $100 severance, him and his family should be genuflecting every time they hear the word Nebraska - thanking them for $12,000,000
I hear what you are saying, and I agree, it’s bogus. At the same time, i don’t think Nebraska cares, and it certainly doesn’t hurt us. A shortage of money is not one of our problems.

Over one million dollars
That buys a bunch of private jet trip upgrades for coaches or players . Or maybe 100 10k bonuses for office or operations staff Or 1,000,000 for a very deserving volleyball staff.

It also sets a very dangerous legal precedent
Any coach in any sport that we try and enforce terms on from this day forward can then claim discrimination

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Over one million dollars
That buys a bunch of private jet trip upgrades for coaches or players . Or maybe 100 10k bonuses for office or operations staff Or 1,000,000 for a very deserving volleyball staff.

It also sets a very dangerous legal precedent
Any coach in any sport that we try and enforce terms on from this day forward can then claim discrimination
We have enough money for all of that even if the university does nothing. In all seriousness, the money isn’t an issue.

The precedent you talk about here could be a bigger issue, but if the athletic department wanted to do everything you mention above, they will. Riley isn’t preventing that one bit.

Not very cool or appreciative from someone nu paid $12,000,000 for just 19 wins, 620k per win
It isnt like he was fired from a minimum wage Walmart job and never missed a day of work and was paid $100 severance . Him and his family should be genuflecting every time they hear the word Nebraska - thanking them for $12,000,000

Yep, I know all of it. If I was in his shoes I would still want every single penny I could get.

In no scenario is Riley denied "every penny he is owed"

In spite of him clearly being in breech of contract which you support because it's "business"

I'm guessing you wouldn't be for Nebraska being in breach of contract- the same thing and not pay Riley because "it's business" and in business in your mind it's ok to violate and scam, but not ok for Nebraska to violate and scam right?

Glad I'm not doing business with you and I assure you this is not how business is approached by most. I didn't realize we had osu fans on this board

The grotesque in your face boldness of a clear scheme to steal money from Nebraska is just shocking from someone nu was so generous to

Last edited:
Reactions: SnohomishRed
We have enough money for all of that even if the university does nothing. In all seriousness, the money isn’t an issue.

The precedent you talk about here could be a bigger issue, but if the athletic department wanted to do everything you mention above, they will. Riley isn’t preventing that one bit.
Of course this board does not direct NU policy, we discuss it and it is a valid subject. In this case NU justb ignoring this does set a very bad precedent, and while Riley is not preventing that he did instigate whatever action they need to take. Imo we need to take action as this does in fact amount to fraud especially on Oregon State side

Reactions: davecisar
I hear what you are saying, and I agree, it’s bogus. At the same time, i don’t think Nebraska cares, and it certainly doesn’t hurt us. A shortage of money is not one of our problems.
I hope you don't teach finance or business. 1 million is a lot wether a billion dollar fund or not. You don't willingly let it get away.

This directly affects the basketball coach many here want to fire. I'm not a basketball person and have no clue what coach miles status is

There are a bunch of people calling for miles to be fired from what I can gather. Miles is young and he's won everywhere but here

It's highly likely that if miles is fired here and paid his multi million buyout that he would move on to another school. Someone somewhere amoungst the 300 d1 schools will give him a shot
Especially if the new employer only has to pay miles 10 cents on the dollar.

What would stop miles from pulling the same exact scam on Nebraska that Riley is and have us pay the bulk of his salary at another school?

So instead of Riley's deal costing Nebraska over 1 million- it could be 5-6 million
Kinda real money

This is why those clauses are put in every contract and why they need to be enforced
Miles may not be as ethically challenged as Riley
But very real chance it would happen

Last edited:
Of course this board does not direct NU policy, we discuss it and it is a valid subject. In this case NU justb ignoring this does set a very bad precedent, and while Riley is not preventing that he did instigate whatever action they need to take. Imo we need to take action as this does in fact amount to fraud especially on Oregon State side
I don’t disagree. If Nebraska does something to rectify the situation that’s great. If Nebraska doesn’t, they’re not worried about how it looks, I guess.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT