ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Gundy Would he leave?

pgainey

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 19, 2021
I’m not referencing leaving for NU (he wouldn’t - at least not now)

Gundy makes just over 5 million - I have to believe that some programs have tried to pry him away

is he a lifer at OSU?

did LSU reach out? Seems like he would be a better fit than Kelly

I’m not referencing leaving for NU (he wouldn’t - at least not now)

Gundy makes just over 5 million - I have to believe that some programs have tried to pry him away

is he a lifer at OSU?

did LSU reach out? Seems like he would be a better fit than Kelly
A few years ago maybe. He had a contentious relationship with T Boone Pickens and AD Mike Holder. He seems to have a good relationship with the current AD in Stillwater. No way he leaves now.

A few years ago maybe. He had a contentious relationship with T Boone Pickens and AD Mike Holder. He seems to have a good relationship with the current AD in Stillwater. No way he leaves now.
He makes more than enough money and kudos if he is happy and content at OSU

but surely he has to be on the short list of every major program when they are looking for a head coach - he could command in the 8-10 million per year range

He was by far and away my first choice when Pelini was let go - precisely for this reason. It seemed there was actually a chance he could leave OSU, but signing a lifetime contract earlier this year makes that unlikely. I wish we would have gotten "I'm a Man" Mike, but instead we got "Smilin'" Mike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT