ADVERTISEMENT

Men's BB attrition has began

bleed husker red

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Hopefully this year it is just the end of the bench.

If I'm moos and the roster turns over as bad as last year, I'm letting Tim go.

Reactions: calinski
I don't really consider McVeigh to be attrition. Had a few decent moments offensively, but his defense was so bad that he couldn't get on the court. This is like Nick Fuller moving on last year.

Attrition is normal is college basketball. Even last year, our roster turnover was right at the NCAA average. Losing a guy like McVeigh just is what it is.

Reactions: GeauxBigRed
You could say it’s attrition by subtraction...
Yeah there's a core group that Miles absolutely needs to hang onto, but McVeigh isn't in it. If anyone outside that group leaves, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Although there was a poster here who insisted that Thor would play immediately and we would all look foolish for saying otherwise, I will be surprised if he stays.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
Yeah there's a core group that Miles absolutely needs to hang onto, but McVeigh isn't in it. If anyone outside that group leaves, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Although there was a poster here who insisted that Thor would play immediately and we would all look foolish for saying otherwise, I will be surprised if he stays.
The Thor signing was really odd but I guess it’s possible he turns into something by his junior or senior season.

Obviously the biggest keys are getting Copeland and Palmer to come back.

Reactions: huskerssalts

Let Tim go???? In 6 years, he is 500 and has achieved a 4th place ranking in the conference not once, but twice. Don’t get unrealistic expectations for basketball like those Iowa and Iowa State fans. It is tough to produce competitive basketball teams in the Midwest.

Let Tim go???? In 6 years, he is 500 and has achieved a 4th place ranking in the conference not once, but twice. Don’t get unrealistic expectations for basketball like those Iowa and Iowa State fans. It is tough to produce competitive basketball teams in the Midwest.

Bill Self and Greg Marshall clear their throat.

Well done.

If his starting 5 roster bails on him, do you really want to wait 4 or 5 more years for him to try and build something?

I don't care about the end of the bench, as I stated I hope it stays at the end ofv the bench.

Those scholarships should turnover so he can make up for poor recruiting mistakes

Reactions: huskerfan1414
LOL - it’s commical how we make fun of other programs for embracing mediocrity in football and our base seems to be content with less than that in basketball.

No, what's comical is having a serious conversation about "letting go" a coach who just posted a season with the second-most wins in program history. I'm not saying there aren't issues with Miles, but let's be serious. He's not going anywhere this year unless he decides to on his own.

Last edited:
I would say that if he does not come close to equaling this season next year then he should be on the hot seat if not gone!

I think we can finally put to bed that Jack McVeigh>Andrew White. One is getting minutes in the NBA and the other couldn’t get minutes on team that was the 5th seed in the NIT.

How about a trade with SDSU? Shoot, we could even allow McVeigh to bring along his choreography scripts for the bench antics.

I am honestly surprised Creighton has stayed competitive in the Big East after McBuckets graduated. McDermott is a better coach than Miles - and he has been able to recruit fairly well (injuries are his problem - needs to talk to Duvall maybe). The question is should Nebraska hire a coach better than what Creighton has (or maybe...CAN they). If they can....Miles should get the ax.

I think Moos has plenty to worry about with football - he'll give Miles one more season to try and ride this roster to an NCAA bid. If Palmer leaves - that will not happen. And Miles should be fired after next season.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I'm not telling anyone that you have to like the bench antics this year, but at least those guys we're doing something positive. A guy like McVeigh could have been a mopey cancer but chose to be part of the team in the only way he could. I actually think it says a lot about him in a good way. I wish him nothing but the best.

Hate to say it, but after watching multiple high school state tournament games this year it's obvious to me that cocky bench antics and gestures by on-court players is now part of the game. Mostly after made 3's.

I won't be surprised if McVeigh ends up at a school that fits his game and actually ends up being solid. He does not fit a Miles offense. Good move by him in my opinion and it's not a lose for NU as long as Tim Miles is the coach.

Also, can someone please explain to me why people are worried about Copeland and Palmer coming back? I don't think they are actually rated as high in the real world as they are on this board. I do not see either names on mock draft. I think ESPN at one time may have had him as a late second rounder, but for the most part, neither player is a name kicked around for mock drafts. Unless you guys are worried they are trying to go over seas. I just do not see either in the NBA draft this year.

I won't be surprised if McVeigh ends up at a school that fits his game and actually ends up being solid. He does not fit a Miles offense. Good move by him in my opinion and it's not a lose for NU as long as Tim Miles is the coach.
The report I saw said McVeigh is going back to Australia to play pro ball.

The report I saw said McVeigh is going back to Australia to play pro ball.

I think you are correct. My brother works at Eppley in Omaha saw him Sunday morning checking in with 4 huge bags. He was flying back to Australia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT