ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis at UCF

I guess it doesn't take 3-4 years to change the culture of a program.

When's the last time we beat a conference opponent by 30+ points?

0-12 the year before he got there...1.3 seasons later they look good. No wonder Eichorst got fired, NU is in year 3 with the current coach who will only match the the win total of the prior coach in 1 of 3 years....great hire :)

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
I agree. The Oregon style offense works great against crap teams and finesse defenses. Line up against physical defenses and it crumbles.
Temple will be a test I love the way they play defense but their offenses kills them.

I agree. The Oregon style offense works great against crap teams and finesse defenses. Line up against physical defenses and it crumbles.

...and this just in, a Frost lead offense is more physical than a MR led offense. Hopefully CFU loses soon so you can sleep at night.

Last week, the win over Maryland was discounted because "they (Maryland) were playing their 3rd string qb. We will see if Frost is any good when they play Memphis and Navy coming up."

Now that they have pounded Memphis, it seems you are getting a little nervous.... and need to change your narrative. It appears SF might end having a pretty succesful season, so you can't use the excuse that SF hasn't won anywhere yet.

Here's the deal, MR needs to (most likely) finish over .500. If he does, he MIGHT still be here. Hopefully he can get it turned around and make NU a highly competitive team.....against good competition, not just against teams like Rutgers, Illinois, Ark. St., and NIU. I would love for MR to go out, when he wants, on his own terms. However, If he can't get it going, all of the excuses in the world after year three, will not save his job. There have definitely been huge strides made in recruiting, but progress needs to be seen on the field.

I hate saying this, but the other side of this is MR's body language. I am not sure he has the desire to do this much longer. It honestly would not shock me to see MR hang it up on his own terms at season end. Hopefully, once again, I am wrong in the personal opinion.

If that does happen, you can bet your a** that SF will be a top candidate for the NU job.

Last edited:
I guess it doesn't take 3-4 years to change the culture of a program.

When's the last time we beat a conference opponent by 30+ points?

You're right. It only took 2 years for a coach to take a 12-1 team to a 9-4 team to an 0-12 team. Weird huh.

0-12 UCF team was not devoid of talent. They had a coach that lost his team and was fired.

His teams since 2004
0-11
8-5
4-8
10-4
4-8
8-5
11-3
5-7
12-1
9-4
0-8 (0-12 overall)

What Frost is doing is great but not unprecedented at UCF.

You're right. It only took 2 years for a coach to take a 12-1 team to a 9-4 team to an 0-12 team. Weird huh.

0-12 UCF team was not devoid of talent. They had a coach that lost his team and was fired.

His teams since 2004
0-11
8-5
4-8
10-4
4-8
8-5
11-3
5-7
12-1
9-4
0-8 (0-12 overall)

What Frost is doing is great but not unprecedented at UCF.
He also had an NFL quarterback in Blake Bortles the year they went 12-1. The lengths you go to try to discredit Frost is a freaking joke. What Frost has done at UCF is absolutely impressive, and you'd agree if he wasn't a former Husker.

He also had an NFL quarterback in Blake Bortles the year they went 12-1. The lengths you go to try to discredit Frost is a freaking joke. What Frost has done at UCF is absolutely impressive, and you'd agree if he wasn't a former Husker.

He is doing the same thing George OLeary did. Who was the pro QB he had when he was 10-4 and 11-3? He lost his team and the team quit on him. They went 0-12.

If Frost wasn't a former Husker you wouldn't care at all what the UCF coach was doing. Just like you don't care what the Tulsa coach is doing, very similar to what Frost did at UCF.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He is doing the same thing George OLeary did. Who was the pro QB he had when he was 10-4 and 11-3? He lost his team and the team quit on him. They went 0-12.

If Frost wasn't a former Husker you wouldn't care at all what the UCF coach was doing. Just like you don't care what the Tulsa coach is doing, very similar to what Frost did at UCF.

The George O'Leary Defense

Starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman

Coming to a theatre near you...

Hey Tuco.

Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul?

So let's see how Frost defends Navy and SoFL.

Ok Tuco? Talk then...

What? I'm not the one talking. Every thread on here now ends up in a discussion about Frost turning around the UCF program. Everyone wants to use the fact that he took over an 0-12 team and quickly turned it around without looking at the fact that the team was 12-1 and 9-4 the years preceding the 0-12 season. Everyone wants to say there was a NFL level QB on the team, well the NFL level QB only started for 2 seasons. The first season Bortles started he was 5-7. Some dude named Holman was the starter the 2014 season when they were 7-1 in the American and 9-4 overall.

I have said countless times that Frost may be a very good coach in the future. I am just not a fan of making decisions on 1 full season plus 3 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT