ADVERTISEMENT

Luke McCaffrey to Louisville

for one reason or another, he felt it'd be better to compete for the QB spot at a different school with an almost identical roster situation.

I shan't speculate further.
What's the over/under that he finishes his career at 'Ville? McCaffreys not named Christian move around
Hopefully he can make his way upward through their depth chart at any position. I think he's immensely talented, don't know if he can carry the weight that Christian can

for one reason or another, he felt it'd be better to compete for the QB spot at a different school with an almost identical roster situation.

Looks like he's entering a very similar situation ;)

"Louisville’s offense never lived up to the hype due in large part to its 24 turnovers on the season. Cunningham accounted for 15, accounting for 12 interceptions and three lost fumbles."

Lamar kinda sucks. Ravens are so going to regret paying him what they are about to pay him.
I agree. Guys like him can run around and make defenders look foolish until they can't. Within 2-3 years defenses figure guys like this out. He absolutely has to improve as a true passer. You just can't fake it in this league.

"Louisville’s offense never lived up to the hype due in large part to its 24 turnovers on the season. Cunningham accounted for 15, accounting for 12 interceptions and three lost fumbles."
yes. extremely similar.

curious he finds this situation more tenable, considering he 'won' the starting job last year.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I agree. Guys like him can run around and make defenders look foolish until they can't. Within 2-3 years defenses figure guys like this out. He absolutely has to improve as a true passer. You just can't fake it in this league.

Make him play QB and you will win. Let him scramble all he wants, let him get a 100 yards with his feet, let him scramble for a TD......you can't do it for 4 qtrs game after game and you won't score enough come playoffs to advance. I don't like Dak at the price it's going to take to sign him to an extension, and I'd take Dak all day and every day and twice on Sunday before I'd spend for Lamar. I'd take my chances with Hurts over Lamar.

Yep. I like LM, and wish him the best.

He would be our starter right now if he would have taken care of business on the football field when he had his shot during the time our #1 starter was benched.

Unfortunately, he was not an improvement. If he was, he'd be starting and AM would probably be in the portal

Maybe he will do so at Louisville.

Typical of what goes on on this site. When you KNOW most on here won't do ANY research you can just cherry pick!

Malik Cunningham 2019
62.4% 2061 yds passing 22 TD's, 5 int
11.6 yds per completion
482 yds rushing, 6 TD
195 QB rating

64.1% 2617 yds passing 20 TD's 12 int
9 yds per comp
20 TD's 12 int
150 QB rating

Now do our QB's stats the last 3 years.....I'll wait.

The running back and pass catcher production is FAR BETTER at Louisville currently. Plus this is Malik's 4th year so he is probably gone and they don't have an establish #2. PLAYERS mostly don't mind sitting behind someone who has proven himself. They don't don't wanna sit behind someone that's NOT performing.

They also want to play somewhere they can be DEVELOPED....and NO QB, RB or WR in Lincoln has gotten better the last 3 years at all!

Typical of what goes on on this site. When you KNOW most on here won't do ANY research you can just cherry pick!

Malik Cunningham 2019
11.6 yds per completion
482 yds rushing, 6 TD
195 QB rating

9 yds per comp
20 TD's 12 int
150 QB rating

The running back and pass catcher production is FAR BETTER at Louisville currently. Plus this is Malik's 4th year so he is probably gone and they don't have an establish #2. PLAYERS mostly don't mind sitting behind someone who has proven himself. They don't don't wanna sit behind someone that's NOT performing.

They also want to play somewhere they can be DEVELOPED....and NO QB, RB or WR in Lincoln has gotten better the last 3 years at all!

You do realize Louisville went 4-7 last year, right?

Reactions: jteten

Malik Cunningham 2019
11.6 yds per completion
482 yds rushing, 6 TD
195 QB rating

9 yds per comp
20 TD's 12 int
150 QB rating

So he's going into a situation where he'll be sitting behind a good but not great multi-year starter. Sounds familiar.

I don't think Louisville has near the expectations for their football team as delusional Husker fans do. Louisville also doesn't have Logan Smothers on their roster so the situations may be a little different.

Reactions: WHCSC
What's Luke doing right now? Taking UNL online classes from home on a full ride?

I think Sean Callahan reported that. He and a couple other transfers waited just long enough so that they could stay on scholarship. Thus denying any former teammates who were walkons the opportunity to not have to pay tuition this semester.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT