ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of interest in the A.D job. Wednesday President announcement

That’s why donor dollars should be prioritized first for NIL over stadium, and B1G dollars used for stadium since it cant go to NIL. But Trev had different priorities, and that is why he faced fundraising problems.
Well donors are in charge of where their money goes. Either to the University for building projects or to NIL. It's their money and their decision.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Well donors are in charge of where their money goes. Either to the University for building projects or to NIL. It's their money and their decision.
I think what he's saying, and what I heard on the radio today, is that a lot of donors were put off by the stadium project, and being asked to fund that as well as NIL.

Reactions: HuskerAlum92
Sounds like Dr Jeffrey Gold might be the next NU President. Somewhat of an internal hire that looks tremendously qualified. Engineering degree from Cornell. MD pediatric cardiac surgeon who has extensive administrative experience in the Nebraska System.

I think Trev created the fundraising problems by wanting a half-billion dollar stadium upgrade at a time when we are in middle of a 7 year losing streak and a lot of people would rather have donor funds applied to NIL.

In hindsight, I think it was Trev’s ego and ambition that drove him. I want donor funds under a big project that I am controlling so I can put it on my resume, rather have those funds go to an NIL collective that I don’t control and can’t brag about.
The fundraising issue for NU has always been there. He probably overshot reality.

Reactions: 90sman
I’m of the mind that the difficulty in fundraising at NU is one of the contributing factors to Trev leaving. My perception is that TA$M has deeper pockets than NU.

I’m not sure that LeBlanc would have the gravitas to have the interim tag removed.

What bothers me is knowing that NU donors will step up big time if they see a winner on the football field. This bothers me cause Trev has to know this too and he still bolted. Then again, Trev could just be a schmuck that made an emotional decision when confronted with challenges, and his opinion shouldn’t matter much more than yours or mine. Like many things, time will tell…

Sounds like Dr Jeffrey Gold might be the next NU President. Somewhat of an internal hire that looks tremendously qualified. Engineering degree from Cornell. MD pediatric cardiac surgeon who has extensive administrative experience in the Nebraska System.
Heard Severe this afternoon talking about this guy. Said he’s who Trev wanted. Said he’d be a perfect fit.

Both top candidates are long in the tooth and neither has much experience with athletics. By my calculations, Gold is 71 and Sloan is 67 or 68.

Jurassic Park Life GIF

Both top candidates are long in the tooth and neither has much experience with athletics. By my calculations, Gold is 71 and Sloan is 67 or 68.
Gold is an extremely bright guy and highly thought of by big football boosters. He would be better than bringing in a football guy from another school that wanted to meddle in the AD’s and football coach’s’ jobs. He would be a great hire.

I think what he's saying, and what I heard on the radio today, is that a lot of donors were put off by the stadium project, and being asked to fund that as well as NIL.
Sure. Probably an overreach. Win 10 games and the mood might change.

What bothers me is knowing that NU donors will step up big time if they see a winner on the football field. This bothers me cause Trev has to know this too and he still bolted. Then again, Trev could just be a schmuck that made an emotional decision when confronted with challenges, and his opinion shouldn’t matter much more than yours or mine. Like many things, time will tell…
Lots of factors, but it’s undeniable that Trev was a climber and not long for Nebraska despite his double speak. He applied for three other jobs during his short stent at Nebraska. The stated reason and the real reason for him leaving are not the same.

Lots of factors, but it’s undeniable that Trev was a climber and not long for Nebraska despite his double speak. He applied for three other jobs during his short stent at Nebraska. The stated reason and the real reason for him leaving are not the same.
Ding ding 🛎️ we have a winner.

Probably missed it, but what other jobs did he apply for while at Nebraska? That’s pretty telling…

Reactions: Huskers123456
Exactly. You can build a house in 7 or 8 months. Shouldn't take so damn long. Useless do-nothing politicians that are finally taking action after our A.D already left, and they are forced to. D.C swamp in a nutshell.
Politics is bogging down our country.

Completely off topic, but you mentioned building a house in 7-8 months. I know a builder that is huge in our area. Sometimes has over 20 homes going up at a time. He builds mostly spec homes for the public but builds beautiful custom homes for his friends. (He is actually building more apartments now than single family homes. I tell him I think his apartments will ruin the valley). Several years ago he bet the owners of his main subcontractors; HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing, that he could throw-up a 1500 sq. feet rambler with him working the crew in 30 days. He is a worker and is not afraid of getting dirty. He won the bet.

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT