ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of interest in the A.D job. Wednesday President announcement

Would Leblanc be a serious candidate to have the interim tag removed? I really know nothing about him, but he seems to be highly respected and loved by all at Nebraska. Does he not have aspirations to sit in that chair? Or would we be settling if he is the guy?

I suppose there are other ADs throughout the country we should be asking, but what if we already have the right guy?

Waiting for those who are never wrong to come and tell me why this is a bad idea…

Would Leblanc be a serious candidate to have the interim tag removed? I really know nothing about him, but he seems to be highly respected and loved by all at Nebraska. Does he not have aspirations to sit in that chair? Or would we be settling if he is the guy?

I suppose there are other ADs throughout the country we should be asking, but what if we already have the right guy?

Waiting for those who are never wrong to come and tell me why this is a bad idea…
Not sure, but I thought I read he was 70 something years old. He may not want that long of a commitment.

Not sure, but I thought I read he was 70 something years old. He may not want that long of a commitment.
Didn’t realize he was that old… yeah, totally makes sense he wouldn’t be the guy. Thanks for the info!

Even though he has been in the AD for a long time. I think he has been on the academic side of the athletes more . Not saying he couldn’t. Don’t know about his fundraising skills. Though Trev wasn’t very good there.

Reactions: ridge22 and timnsun
Not surprising. Smart AD candidates see where college sports are headed with the B1G and SEC sucking up all the oxygen. So a smart AD wants to get to one of the schools in those conferences IF they're ambitious. That's where the money and the power are.
And it will also help like I said earlier he/she will not have to make any major coaching decisions when they come aboard.

Good question and I thought about that as well. My "guess" is he has been very happy where he is at. He has been with the U for "over 40 years" and in his current position since 2015. He must absolutely love what he is doing to the extent he hasn't looked very hard elsewhere. Just think how many AD's he has seen come and go! He has survived them all and doing what he loves to do, that is worth more than money.

So, no, I really don't know and fully admit when I am speculating. I knew people who were great mid managers at schools and colleges and I thought they could easily move up but many were content where they were and served well there. He could be someone like that.

Reactions: timnsun
We’re really going to let the interim president hire the AD?
Seems weird.

Even though he has been in the AD for a long time. I think he has been on the academic side of the athletes more . Not saying he couldn’t. Don’t know about his fundraising skills. Though Trev wasn’t very good there.
I’m of the mind that the difficulty in fundraising at NU is one of the contributing factors to Trev leaving. My perception is that TA$M has deeper pockets than NU.

I’m not sure that LeBlanc would have the gravitas to have the interim tag removed.

Reactions: V-Doub and 90sman
We’re really going to let the interim president hire the AD?
Seems weird.
my gut says Rhule is playing a role and the BOR will actually decide. The interim President seems pretty competent and I wouldn’t be opposed to removing his interim tag. Hiring university presidents based on their academic resume can be chasing fool’s gold. As the rules stand now the interim doesn’t have that power unless the BOR approves it.

I’m of the mind that the difficulty in fundraising at NU is one of the contributing factors to Trev leaving. My perception is that TA$M has deeper pockets than NU.

I’m not sure that LeBlanc would have the gravitas to have the interim tag removed.
I think Trev created the fundraising problems by wanting a half-billion dollar stadium upgrade at a time when we are in middle of a 7 year losing streak and a lot of people would rather have donor funds applied to NIL.

In hindsight, I think it was Trev’s ego and ambition that drove him. I want donor funds under a big project that I am controlling so I can put it on my resume, rather have those funds go to an NIL collective that I don’t control and can’t brag about.

They will name a priority candidate Wednesday? It's been 7 months. Do your damn job already.

Pillen told KETV NewsWatch 7 that he hasn’t advised or interfered in the search, and feels that it should have taken 90 days.

“I believe people are elected to do their job. And I've obviously been a believer that we should have had a president position filled back in November. I made my position very clear. It's time to get a decision made and get rid of the inertia. And obviously, there's lots of fallout that takes place with the lack of leadership. We have to get the position filled. Get it done. Let's go,” Pillen said.

Last edited:
They will name a priority candidate Wednesday? It's been 7 months. Do your damn job already.

Pillen told KETV NewsWatch 7 that he hasn’t advised or interfered in the search, and feels that it should have taken 90 days.

“I believe people are elected to do their job. And I've obviously been a believer that we should have had a president position filled back in November. I made my position very clear. It's time to get a decision made and get rid of the inertia. And obviously, there's lots of fallout that takes place with the lack of leadership. We have to get the position filled. Get it done. Let's go,” Pillen said.
I think he’s pointing the finger directly at our former EOC trainer and her friends. No doubt there was lobbying for diversity.

The average is about 7 months. Nebraska hired Carter in about the 100 day window. But it took OSU about 8 to hire Carter. And i read where they were deadlocked at 4-4 on 2 candidates maybe someone is changing their vote.

Reactions: 90sman
Exactly. You can build a house in 7 or 8 months. Shouldn't take so damn long. Useless do-nothing politicians that are finally taking action after our A.D already left, and they are forced to. D.C swamp in a nutshell.
I’ll tell you why. No one is willing to stick their neck out. They love the safety of their committees and its group think

I think Trev created the fundraising problems by wanting a half-billion dollar stadium upgrade at a time when we are in middle of a 7 year losing streak and a lot of people would rather have donor funds applied to NIL.

In hindsight, I think it was Trev’s ego and ambition that drove him. I want donor funds under a big project that I am controlling so I can put it on my resume, rather have those funds go to an NIL collective that I don’t control and can’t brag about.
Well the University or its Athletic Department itself cannot raise or spend its funds for NIL. Has to be done by a separate organization.

Yes, but WHY the average is 7 months is what I'd like to know.
It can take that long if your institution cannot attract the type of talent they feel they should be able to get. You could hire someone in a week if you set the bar low enough.

I think he’s pointing the finger directly at our former EOC trainer and her friends. No doubt there was lobbying for diversity.
The conservatives outnumber the liberals on the BOR 6-2. Jim Pillen is just saving face and hoping no one blames him and his "meddling" (allegedly).

Well the University or its Athletic Department itself cannot raise or spend its funds for NIL. Has to be done by a separate organization.
That’s why donor dollars should be prioritized first for NIL over stadium, and B1G dollars used for stadium since it cant go to NIL. But Trev had different priorities, and that is why he faced fundraising problems.

That’s why donor dollars should be prioritized first for NIL over stadium, and B1G dollars used for stadium since it cant go to NIL. But Trev had different priorities, and that is why he faced fundraising problems.
Yes, all of this. Many on here felt the same way.

Reactions: HuskerAlum92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT