ADVERTISEMENT

Lining up for a 60 yd FG …

Rhule said that it was a called fake and effectively Alvano did not hear the call (because even the kicker thought there is NO CHANCE that we are kicking a FG here).

So just another shitty coaching job? Not surprised, Foley was walking all over his dick all year.

Calling a fake field goal in that situation would have been even dumber than wasting a timeout. Is Rhule trying to lose so he can collect that buyout and go back to the beach in North Carolina?

Reactions: king_kong_
Trying a fake field goal in that situation is exponentially dumber than that onside kick by Frost against NW. Hearing Rhule admit that this is what he was trying to do made me want to upchuck my bourbon. Because right there folks is a flaming admission of total coaching incompetence. When I heard that I said to my daughter that Nebraska has hired another failed idiot head coach. Maybe we won’t wait five years this time.

Trying a fake field goal in that situation is exponentially dumber than that onside kick by Frost against NW. Hearing Rhule admit that this is what he was trying to do made me want to upchuck my bourbon. Because right there folks is a flaming admission of total coaching incompetence. When I heard that I said to my daughter that Nebraska has hired another failed idiot head coach. Maybe we won’t wait five years this time.
Completely agree. I understand that the roster needs a rebuild, but MR week after week just makes stupid decisions. Even in the Purdue win he and Satt made idiotic game management decisions that gave Purdue iLife in a game that was over. Remember when HH took a vicious hit, looked so bad he should maybe come out of the game, and the next play was a designed QB run that HH fumbled (and was returned for a TD)??? Complete lack of common sense…

I honestly cannot imagine a worse decision there...fake 60 yard FG? If we have a play THAT good out of the FG formation, we ought to be running it more often. Unless it was reverse psychology, making Iowa think "There is NO WAY they are going to fake a FG here...maybe they will pooch punt so we better get someone deep".

Really hard to understand. I'm giving Rhule some slack because of the QB deficit we have, but that was decision is hard to defend.

It is unreal to me how Nebraska keeps hiring coaches that… uh… lack

Glad we gave this guy an
8 year deal though because we wouldn’t want to lose him…

(I’ll take it back for a while if he fires Satterfield)

Reactions: cornwoman
Ioway was not going to be fool for 60 yard FG, that just Ludacris and burning a time out on top of it..

Disappointed on how Rhule has handles a handful of games this year..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT