ADVERTISEMENT

Letters are N

Since it's the season to speculate on tweets and such: Calvin just liked Keyshawn's "Back on top soon, patience" tweet.

Lindsey would be the competition Lewis or not. If we just had "the four" there is still a log jam of slot guys, DPE, Spielman, Lindsey, Calvin.

Whether Lewis was here or not, Calvin has always been kinda the last guy in line for a slot position.
Except our coaches don't view slot receivers like some of our fans do. For instance DPE plays on the outside, not in the slot despite his size. Also Brandin Cooks played all over the field for Riley and Co. I don't think they would have a problem going 4-wide with Spielman, Calvin and Lindsey all the filed together.

Except our coaches don't view slot receivers like some of our fans do. For instance DPE plays on the outside, not in the slot despite his size. Also Brandin Cooks played all over the field for Riley and Co. I don't think they would have a problem going 4-wide with Spielman, Calvin and Lindsey all the filed together.

Sure, and I've definitely made that argument before, in the other thread freaking out about the lack of Big Body receivers, I started this position.

It still works though, if you are going to put guys all over the field rather than "big guys outside, little guys inside", there are going to be plenty of snaps to go around.

Especially considering the board consensus was, KJJ might be the one most in need of a year off to really contribute. And the speculation about his diet, what Phillip could do for him, etc.

Reactions: headcard

too many are trying to translate NFL measurables to the college game ... get your top WRs on the field and don't worry so much about height and size

We also go 3x1 more often than 2x2 when in 4 WR sets. Which allows for DPE to be matched up on the field side 1 on 1 or at worst, with the field side safety playing closer to the middle of the field. They also put Stanley Morgan out there like that.

With that said, I don't think the staff recruits Jamire as hard as they did, thinking they were going to redshirt him if they landed Lindsey. As nice of players as DPE and Spielman are, Jamire is equally skilled as a receiver. In my opinion.

Reactions: headcard
Take this fwiw, but I heard that the coaches passed on Onyemaobi and......because there is kind of a shocker left out there that will choose NU. Anyone else heard anything anywhere....or who that surprise commit might be?

I hate unsubstantiated rumors but there was something this morning percolating about Johnson leading to passing on Oyemaobi. As unsubstantiated of a rumor as there can be, but its NSD so stories fly.

Reactions: HuskerDana
USC is cleaning house today. Any chance they are full and have to pass on Johnson? A guy can dream, right?

Unless I'm missing someone, we have signed all players who were verbal commits to us with the exception of Calvin (announcement pending).

Jeremiah Hawkins signs with Cal. Not coming here so we continue with what we have and know. Just keep marching forward.

Last edited:
Oregon got a commitment from a DB today Billy Gibson... Man I'm lost!!! Lenoir too?

Still vegan. Just supporting my boy in his quest to make McRib a top seller.

I put two of those down last time they had them buy one get one for $1.

For about the next 3 hours, I just felt............ well, not right. Almost like I had a combination of five guys and taco bell for lunch.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Still vegan. Just supporting my boy in his quest to make McRib a top seller.
Then why are you eating a Carne Asada Burrito here?
GIZ4HPZ.png

I hate unsubstantiated rumors but there was something this morning percolating about Johnson leading to passing on Oyemaobi. As unsubstantiated of a rumor as there can be, but its NSD so stories fly.
FWIW, Oyemaobi's speed may be lacking. Would have made the Husker "all time name" team though and seems like a good kid. I think we have another option for that spot.

Reactions: rchrisreade
FWIW, Oyemaobi's speed may be lacking. Would have made the Husker "all time name" team though and seems like a good kid. I think we have another option for that spot.

I was wondering last night if Oyemaobi was tipping his hand. He sent out a picture of the top of his National Letter of Intent on a big red tablecloth.

ADVERTISEMENT