ADVERTISEMENT

Letters are N

I think we have a pretty good chance at Hawkins if Calvin flakes as expected, which would be 19? I haven't counted a commit list in a long while. Blades and Daniels would make 21 though if that is correct.

Yup, your numbers sound correct to me.

So...Lindsey will be N leaving Daniels, Calvin, Blades, Michael O, and Hawkins as possibilities left...
Slim chance with Johnson, Lewis, Lenoir, and Thompson...

So...Lindsey will be N leaving Daniels, Calvin, Blades, Michael O, and Hawkins as possibilities left...
Yep. That's how I see it. The only wild card I see, would be if Coach Williams trys to pull a rabbit out of his hat to replace Calvin.

Was hoping we would have a better chance with Lenior today.. If Calvin doesn't change his mind or changes his mind get confused which is which, be great to pickup Thompson we could use a taller receiver.

C'mon Lenoir, Blades, Jody and Johnson!!
And Daniels. But I think he's a lock fortunately

Take this fwiw, but I heard that the coaches passed on Onyemaobi and......because there is kind of a shocker left out there that will choose NU. Anyone else heard anything anywhere....or who that surprise commit might be?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Take this fwiw, but I heard that the coaches passed on Onyemaobi and......because there is kind of a shocker left out there that will choose NU. Anyone else heard anything anywhere....or who that surprise commit might be?

I had heard rumblings of this as well. Time will tell I guess. My guess would be Lenoir.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I had heard rumblings of this as well. Time will tell I guess. My guess would be Lenoir.

I would love that, but I think we just get Blades and Daniels, possibly lose Calvin (50/50) and if we did, pick up another receiver like Hawkins from somewhere. This brings us to a total of 21 recruits, and I would love to add in 1 or 2 other talented guys, but I have no idea who else we're in on at this point. Also, I'm assuming we don't get Lewis or Johnson, or Onyemaobi.

Took care of business on the DL. Now let's get some athletes on board.

It sounds as though Blades, Lewis, Johnson and Lindsey are all announcing at 3:00 Central now... I would have to think Lewis and Johnson may shock all the recruiting analysts with a NU prediction. Johnson may be the reason Onyemaobi goes to TCU... I think we would could make room for Onyemaobi, he seems like a real solid player.

All these people have been having all these gut feelings... Something has to make Calvin waver right?

Just sayin'

It sounds as though Blades, Lewis, Johnson and Lindsey are all announcing at 3:00 Central now... I would have to think Lewis and Johnson may shock all the recruiting analysts with a NU prediction. Johnson may be the reason Onyemaobi goes to TCU... I think we would could make room for Onyemaobi, he seems like a real solid player.

All these people have been having all these gut feelings... Something has to make Calvin waver right?

Just sayin'

Calvin is his own ice cream cone.

We might not be done on the Front 7. Paup still hanging out there as a potential walk-on.
I'm hoping this happens but I'm not sure what he is thinking. The kid is one of my cousins and I haven't talked to his dad in a while.

I would love that, but I think we just get Blades and Daniels, possibly lose Calvin (50/50) and if we did, pick up another receiver like Hawkins from somewhere. This brings us to a total of 21 recruits, and I would love to add in 1 or 2 other talented guys, but I have no idea who else we're in on at this point. Also, I'm assuming we don't get Lewis or Johnson, or Onyemaobi.
The ONLY way we don't get Onyemaobi is if we get Johnson or Lenoir... The kid absolutely would love to be N

I'm hoping this happens but I'm not sure what he is thinking. The kid is one of my cousins and I haven't talked to his dad in a while.

If we missed on most of our big targets later today, I was half wondering if we'd throw a schollie his way. He was basically the back up plan for Thomas.

Daniels = N
G. Thomas = N
Verdell = O

-----------------------------------------

Lenoir = O
Calvin = N
Lewis = N (Reason for Calvin wavering)
G. Johnson = N (Reason for Onyemaobi choosing TCU)
Blades = N (Package deal tweet meaning Johnson/Blades?)
Thompson = USC or Utah
Hawkins = Arizona
Onyemaobi = TCU

This is my final predictions

Daniels = N
G. Thomas = N
Verdell = O

Lenoir = O
Calvin = N
Blades = N
Thompson = USC or Utah
Hawkins = Arizona
Onyemaobi = TCU

Uh, I would be crapping out a golden Great Pyramid of Giza if it all goes down that way.

My take:

Lenoir = N or O (50/50)
Calvin = N
Lewis = USC
G.Johnson = USC
Blades = N
Thompson = Utah (already committed I hear)
Hawkins = Arizona or N
Onyemaobi = TCU or N

Daniels = N
G. Thomas = N
Verdell = O

Lenoir = O
Calvin = N
Blades = N
Thompson = USC or Utah
Hawkins = Arizona
Onyemaobi = TCU

You sir, are the eternal optimist.

Uh, I would be crapping out a golden Great Pyramid of Giza if it all goes down that way.

My take:

Lenoir = N or O (50/50)
Calvin = N
Lewis = USC
G.Johnson = USC
Blades = N
Thompson = Utah (already committed I hear)
Hawkins = Arizona or N
Onyemaobi = TCU or N

By the way, the above is 100% an amazing recruiting class, as it is.

Daniels = N
G. Thomas = N
Verdell = O

Lenoir = O
Calvin = N
Blades = N
Thompson = USC or Utah
Hawkins = Arizona
Onyemaobi = TCU

Your predictions are fine. But this Calvin wavering because of Joseph Lewis thing is just straight nuts.

They are two entirely different style of receivers, and not only that, we recruited "the five" as complementary players together here, of which Lewis and Calvin were a part of and have been for a year.

Reactions: cmblizz964
Looks like Lindsey went ahead and faxed his LOI in early. Great news!

This would be a heck of a class as it stands and we still have some big dogs out there. My guess is we add Blades and lose Clavin and I would be happy with that, but you never know.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Daniels = N
G. Thomas = N
Verdell = O

Lenoir = O
Calvin = N
Blades = N (Package deal tweet meaning Johnson/Blades?)
Thompson = USC or Utah
Hawkins = Arizona
Onyemaobi = TCU

I would love this, seems like a pipe dream on Lewis and Johnson but I'm always pessimistic.

Your predictions are fine. But this Calvin wavering because of Joseph Lewis thing is just straight nuts.

They are two entirely different style of receivers, and not only that, we recruited "the five" as complementary players together here, of which Lewis and Calvin were a part of and have been for a year.
It is not nuts... He is simply seeing that playing time may not happen in year one for him... Lewis may not have the same skill set, but he is definitely taking up another spot.

Johnson Jr. and McQuitty are already on campus
Lindsey would be the competition, because of Lewis

Calvin sees he may be the odd man out and the only one of the 5 that may have to redshirt... You see where I'm going with this?

Last edited:

Yeah, it's nuts. But it was also nuts for Calvin to say he liked what Oregon State did with wr as a reason to not choose nebraska, when it was the Nebraska coaches who coached those receivers.

Yeah, it's nuts. But it was also nuts for Calvin to say he liked what Oregon State did with wr as a reason to not choose nebraska, when it was the Nebraska coaches who coached those receivers.

Yah but that's something that the kid said himself, rather than slamming apples and oranges together by a fan sitting in Iowa.

It is not nuts... He is simply seeing that playing time may happen in year one for him... Lewis may not have the same skill set, but he is definitely taking up another spot.

Johnson Jr. and McQuitty are already on campus
Lindsey would be the competition, because of Lewis

Calvin sees he may be the odd man out and the only one of the 5 that may have to redshirt... You see where I'm going with this?

Lindsey would be the competition Lewis or not. If we just had "the four" there is still a log jam of slot guys, DPE, Spielman, Lindsey, Calvin.

Whether Lewis was here or not, Calvin has always been kinda the last guy in line for a slot position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT