ADVERTISEMENT

Lateef is N

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

This is an interesting one

Always good to get kids in early, but I wonder about the timing

Especially since he’s coming off an injury

Here’s hoping for a big (and healthy) senior season

If that comment was pre-NIL and easy transfers, I would agree. But in the NIL era, we can only hope that is the case.🤞
Valid point. Fingers crossed, but then again all the other schools face the same thing so hopefully we can keep our guys.

Reactions: king_kong_
This is an interesting one

Always good to get kids in early, but I wonder about the timing

Especially since he’s coming off an injury

Here’s hoping for a big (and healthy) senior season
The good news is it’s still pretty low risk pick up.
I absolutely hope he pans out, and I prefer developing guys from within. But as we know, the modern landscape makes it easier than ever to find new talent of a QB doesn’t become what you expect.

And the year before.

And the year before that.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.
I dunno. I watched some Adrian Martinez in the USFL again or whatever that league is, and he looked awfully good….again. Seems maybe Harry Potter’s grandpa wasn’t a very good QB coach 😕. Good coaching and play calling is irreplaceable for a developing QB.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I dunno. I watched some Adrian Martinez in the USFL again or whatever that league is, and he looked awfully good….again. Seems maybe Harry Potter’s grandpa wasn’t a very good QB coach 😕. Good coaching and play calling is irreplaceable for a developing QB.
UFL, not NFL. Frost sucked and so did Amart.

Didn't the Lions decline to sign him as a practice squad qb? Those lesser leagues are full of lesser players. I'll wait to see if he can even hang around the NFL in some capacity before anointing him some kind of a good qb.

FIFY- need to figure out how to recruit difference makers at RBs.
We have no idea what kind of back EJ can be when it’s all said and done. With an improving O-line and playmakers all around, we might have a running back or two that can put on a show.

Didn't the Lions decline to sign him as a practice squad qb? Those lesser leagues are full of lesser players. I'll wait to see if he can even hang around the NFL in some capacity before anointing him some kind of a good qb.
Yep Adrian is having a good year and no doubt will get another opportunity in the NFL. But you are right if he doesn’t stick it tells you what level of players the UFL has.

We have no idea what kind of back EJ can be when it’s all said and done. With an improving O-line and playmakers all around, we might have a running back or two that can put on a show.
Hope we get to see him really lather up with consistent carries, too

Only rushed more than 13x once last year and they always seemed a little sporadic

Reactions: Ki11ersker45
I do not disagree with you, but I heard it said recently that the main problem for Adrian Martinez in that whole Frost regime was the lack of ability for Frost to put reliable and talented skill talent around him. And there was never a decent offensive line. I agree with that for the most part. It got to the point where Adrian had to do everything and just became a guy with good stats and a bad won-loss record.

I do not disagree with you, but I heard it said recently that the main problem for Adrian Martinez in that whole Frost regime was the lack of ability for Frost to put reliable and talented skill talent around him. And there was never a decent offensive line. I agree with that for the most part. It got to the point where Adrian had to do everything and just became a guy with good stats and a bad won-loss record.
He was 2nd string to end his career at Kstate and didn't even make the practice squad qb for the Lions. Consider me leery.

His biggest issue that has been holding him back is processing information quickly so he can get the ball out on time. From the little I've seen of him in the UFL, it appears like he is getting better in that regard which is allowing him to flourish a bit.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT