ADVERTISEMENT

Last .500 coach with MR initials.

Nov 25, 2022
Got us to 2 bowl games. A lot of similarities between Rhule and Riley. Given the program I can see why Trev made this hire. Get us back to playing in the Music City Bowl and the Poinsettia Bowl. Exciting times ahead!

The search was the same between Eichorst and Trev. Cards kept close and both got their guys.

Got us to 2 bowl games. A lot of similarities between Rhule and Riley. Given the program I can see why Trev made this hire. Get us back to playing in the Music City Bowl and the Poinsettia Bowl. Exciting times ahead!

The search was the same between Eichorst and Trev. Cards kept close and both got their guys.
Rhule has more in common with Urban than Riley

minnie-mouse-and-mickey-mouse.gif

I’m not a fan of the hire but this isn’t fair. Rhule is a good coach. He’s just has a lot of weaknesses that he has to identify in Lincoln. If he doesn’t, he will be the one to sink whatever is left of the ship.

Should get news of at least one of those weaknesses soon.

If you can’t recruit top tier classes in Waco, can’t probably do well in Lincoln unless you change it up.

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
I’m not a fan of the hire but this isn’t fair. Rhule is a good coach. He’s just has a lot of weaknesses that he has to identify in Lincoln. If he doesn’t, he will be the one to sink whatever is left of the ship.

If you can’t recruit top tier classes in Waco, can’t probably do well in Lincoln unless you change it up.
I want high level recruits but development is where we have lacked so very much

The difference between the two is very clear. Matt Rhule took dumpster fires and made them winners. Mike Riley hit his peak at 9 wins for Oregon State and spiralled downwards.

Reactions: R_Johansen23

You can always stop concerning yourself with Nebraska football, shouldn't be too hard.

What a pathetic loser, attention whore you are.

Mike Riley though could have been successful here. Would like to have seen 2017 if Mike was not forced to get rid of Banker or if Tre Bryant did not have "old man knees".

"One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend. And so I know that program has a good culture, I know they know how to work. Now it's about just all of us picking up, moving forward."

Unacceptable.

• Haha
Reactions: OAHU-SKER
this is a good read

the below stood out to me:

“I feel like we might value numbers just as much as tape, and maybe even more in some cases,” Baylor recruiting coordinator and cornerbacks coach Evan Cooper told 247Sports. “We’re a big, big believer in development. Sometimes you get kids who are maxed out whose ceiling might not be as high. We take the approach of what they’ll look like in five years. If he has the requisite size, speed and strength we feel like we can turn them into good football players.

“In recruiting you miss. You’re going to miss. So, we figure: If you’re going to miss, miss fast.”

In a league completely bereft of speed, this would be a welcome approach & potential shortcut to winning big

I mean shoot we had one fast guy on the team this year and nobody could cover him

"One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend. And so I know that program has a good culture, I know they know how to work. Now it's about just all of us picking up, moving forward."

Unacceptable.
Frost fell off the cliff in Lincoln. I believe the guy Rhule knew was quite a bit different than the guy he turned in to when we gave him 35 million.

I do think the culture of the team is WAY better now than it’s been. Some if not most of that has been built by our assistants due to Frost’s personal issues.

Hey are you legit all right? I know folks poke fun at you for making so many accounts and with all the stuff you post, but at this point something has to be wrong or needs to be checked out

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeater

Traditionally, it has been easier to recruit to Waco, Texas than Lincoln, Ne?

Sounds like Rhule is going to keep Mickey. Him and other assistants with NIL will bring in talent to develop.

this is a good read

the below stood out to me:

“I feel like we might value numbers just as much as tape, and maybe even more in some cases,” Baylor recruiting coordinator and cornerbacks coach Evan Cooper told 247Sports. “We’re a big, big believer in development. Sometimes you get kids who are maxed out whose ceiling might not be as high. We take the approach of what they’ll look like in five years. If he has the requisite size, speed and strength we feel like we can turn them into good football players.

“In recruiting you miss. You’re going to miss. So, we figure: If you’re going to miss, miss fast.”

In a league completely bereft of speed, this would be a welcome approach & potential shortcut to winning big

I mean shoot we had one fast guy on the team this year and nobody could cover him
It explains why UT had all those highly ranked recruits who never did much. It also explains a lot of Baylor’s success.

Charlie McBride said on the radio last week that he asked a college coach recently if he had watched NU what he thought about Nebraska and the guy said they don’t have much speed.

Reactions: king_kong_
It explains why UT had all those highly ranked recruits who never did much. It also explains a lot of Baylor’s success.

Charlie McBride said on the radio last week that he asked a college coach recently if he had watched NU what he thought about Nebraska and the guy said they don’t have much speed.
we don't but neither do our B1G peers.

our conference looks stuck in the mud, and that's a good thing

I think getting actual speed on the field is a major shortcut to success in this conference, given they know the play, snap count, their responsibilities, can catch, etc.

we don't but neither do our B1G peers.

our conference looks stuck in the mud, and that's a good thing

I think getting actual speed on the field is a major shortcut to success in this conference, given they know the play, snap count, their responsibilities, can catch, etc.
Not doing much for OSU today😮

Reactions: king_kong_
Not doing much for OSU today😮
their defense has remained suspect all year. gave up like 250 yards rushing to northwestern

this is a good win for michigan & I expect their fans to come to this board to crow about it. harbaugh is a good coach

I will be taking the points next week in indy if they're playing purdue LaughingLaughingLaughing

Reactions: dinglefritz
Traditionally, it has been easier to recruit to Waco, Texas than Lincoln, Ne?
I’m not really saying that. But a lesser recruiter is going to be able to recruit Waco much easier than Nebraska just because of location.

Unacceptable.
Your posts are unacceptable.

I want high level recruits but development is where we have lacked so very much
Why can’t we have both? 🤷‍♂️

Seems like we play this game back and forth… why not both?

Both are important. Rhule has yet to show strength in recruiting. And I know people get butt hurt about it, but it’s fair to address that. I just hope he understands his weaknesses. He does seem like the type of guy that looks in the mirror and evaluates himself. So that keeps me somewhat optimistic

Why can’t we have both? 🤷‍♂️

Seems like we play this game back and forth… why not both?

Both are important. Rhule has yet to show strength in recruiting. And I know people get butt hurt about it, but it’s fair to address that. I just hope he understands his weaknesses. He does seem like the type of guy that looks in the mirror and evaluates himself. So that keeps me somewhat optimistic
I'd like both but development seems to be the program builder

Is it safe to assume you will be spreading this BS all year long and will reappear under your original user name when Nebraska starts winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT