ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas thread, they are 1-5 now

That was one of my biggest reservations about LL. KU was winning because of their creative and dynamic offense. If we had hired LL from KU, the OC would have just been named HC. So you weren’t getting both.

Is Kotelnicki really all that or could it have partially been weak Big 12 defenses? Penn State's offense has looked rather sluggish at times. Granted the team has been hurt and they've played very vanilla. Will be interesting to see if Kotelnicki tries to open up the playbook against USC and especially Ohio State

Reactions: thall_
Is Kotelnicki really all that or could it have partially been weak Big 12 defenses? Penn State's offense has looked rather sluggish at times. Granted the team has been hurt and they've played very vanilla. Will be interesting to see if Kotelnicki tries to open up the playbook against USC and especially Ohio State

I think it is some of both. Plus the injuries seem to have taken a toll on Daniels, he looks like a shell of his former self.

Raise a cold beer for Lance Leipold, who will be making about $7M per for the next 5 seasons. I actually think he's a solid coach who should be around .500 most years, but man it's hard to turn the ship when things start going sour.

do not care enough to go look at his overall record while he has been at kansas, but assuming this is his first disaster, and i think it is? ...he has done as well as you could at that school. he has been a great hire for them up to now.

its interesting to look at the records of the coaches many wanted last carousel

Leipold: 1-5
Aranda: 2-4
Campbell: 5-0
Klieman: 4-1
O'Brien: 4-2

I wanted Klieman the most of those, but i'm glad we ended up with Rhule. Still would've taken Urban Meyer in a heartbeat.

Reactions: GaRed
do not care enough to go look at his overall record while he has been at kansas, but assuming this is his first disaster, and i think it is? ...he has done as well as you could at that school. he has been a great hire for them up to now.
I agree and really programs like KU really just want to live in that "winning record" area...6 or 7 wins and they are happy.

They remind me of Nebraska during the Frost/Rhule year 1. Been ahead in every game in the fourth quarter and lost the lead at the very end.

Ha! No kidding!

I know they are drilled to always take on the puller but...I mean...sometimes you just gotta move out of the way.

Is it wrong of me to say the first time the dude plowed into the defender, and then jumped on top of him when he was no longer a threat to make any further play on the ball is OK but the second time the dude tries it on him the defender should try to take him out at the shins/ankles?

If it had been me, I think I would take the punishment straight up as it is my responsibility on that play. But when the fatty jumps on top of me while I am on the ground and plows into me while defenseless, then fatty gets what he gets the second time he tries it.

its interesting to look at the records of the coaches many wanted last carousel

Leipold: 1-5
Aranda: 2-4
Campbell: 5-0
Klieman: 4-1
O'Brien: 4-2

I wanted Klieman the most of those, but i'm glad we ended up with Rhule. Still would've taken Urban Meyer in a heartbeat.
I wanted Pat Fitzgerald, before his locker room issues surfaced. Still think he resurfaces somewhere and builds a solid program.

Reactions: GaRed and V-Doub
Is it wrong of me to say the first time the dude plowed into the defender, and then jumped on top of him when he was no longer a threat to make any further play on the ball is OK but the second time the dude tries it on him the defender should try to take him out at the shins/ankles?

If it had been me, I think I would take the punishment straight up as it is my responsibility on that play. But when the fatty jumps on top of me while I am on the ground and plows into me while defenseless, then fatty gets what he gets the second time he tries it.
I honestly can't remember if you can go at their legs but I totally get it.

Now USUALLY the rule on a puller is to attack his outside shoulder, which he did, but at that point, you might as well just move out of the way hahaha

First year at KU they went 2-10. Second year at Buffalo went 2-10. He stayed loyal to KU, I hope they give him some slack if he has a bad year.

Reactions: Laner2
Losing their OC coordinator has hurt KU a bunch. They are also in the process of upgrading their talent which has been remarkably low.

I am a fan of LL and his teams. He has done more with less everywhere, I.e. Buffalo.

I live in KS and no way are fans or supporters going to be satisfied with a .500 FB team. They are like Nebraska (only opposite) in that they have had NC ‘s in BB and poor FB. They now have had a taste of winning going to bowl games are having higher expectations. Give him time, LL will get it done, perhaps not NC level for a while but much better.

it's clear kotelnicki was a major force in making ku competitive over the past few years. his offense was like trying to coral a husk of jackrabbits. yes, i have written that analogy before. the jaybirds have failed down the stretch in almost every game this season. that could turn around - perhaps make a bowl - but i doubt it.

there's so much parity in the game today because of nil and the portal. you buy a qb. we match. no longer can a few cheating bagmen buy an elite roster - albeit ohio state is still trying. but it's legal now for every program to do that. and so they are. that's reflected in what we see happening each saturday, e.g. vandy beating bama with jerry kill's nmsu qb. and it's probably why saban checked out in frustration.

Reactions: Hford
There are only 9 teams in college football that have turned the ball over more than Kansas. That's their number one problem.

it's clear kotelnicki was a major force in making ku competitive over the past few years. his offense was like trying to coral a husk of jackrabbits. yes, i have written that analogy before. the jaybirds have failed down the stretch in almost every game this season. that could turn around - perhaps make a bowl - but i doubt it.

there's so much parity in the game today because of nil and the portal. you buy a qb. we match. no longer can a few cheating bagmen buy an elite roster - albeit ohio state is still trying. but it's legal now for every program to do that. and so they are. that's reflected in what we see happening each saturday, e.g. vandy beating bama with jerry kill's nmsu qb. and it's probably why saban checked out in frustration.
wahhhhh Kansas is so scary 🥺

God I miss being in a soft conference, sometimes

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I wanted Pat Fitzgerald, before his locker room issues surfaced. Still think he resurfaces somewhere and builds a solid program.
spank eric andre GIF by The Eric Andre Show

surely this is sarcasm?
Outside of Texas and Oklahoma what nation contender did the BIG XII have? None of the current schools can compete in the trenches against an SEC or BIG school. Even though ISU lost to Iowa you could tell the discrepancy between their lines on both sides of the ball.

Outside of Texas and Oklahoma what nation contender did the BIG XII have? None of the current schools can compete in the trenches against an SEC or BIG school. Even though ISU lost to Iowa you could tell the discrepancy between their lines on both sides of the ball.
pfft. outside of ohio state and maybe penn state, your league is no better than the b12 or acc. k-state has as many b12 championships as texas and ou ended 1-4 v. k-state.

I hate to be that guy…but…I’m going to be cuz I’m old and I prefer you staying off my lawn. But….could you please start new sentences with capital letters. It’s easier to read. As for your old OC…you were never going to keep him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT