ADVERTISEMENT

Kalen to Bama. Done deal

Nice to meet you too. I disagree Harsin was a Boise native and spent most of his time coaching in the Pacific Northwest. Several players spoke out against him at Auburn. He didn't even make it two years there. DeBoer has more cred, but it takes some work to develop connections with local high school coaches, players, and media in the south. Why do you think so many big SEC schools hire guys from the South?

Anybody that's moved from the North to the South can tell you. You don't get the same trust and grace as Southern boys. What's the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee? A Yankee comes to visit. A damn Yankee moves down there.
that's a fine take if you're an out of touch boomer. doesn't change the fact that Alabama had a coach from Ohio and LSU has a coach from Massachusetts

DeBoer has proven success at the P5 level, Harsin never did. stupid take.

Reactions: baseball31ne
How much Saban steps out of DeBoer’s way (or not) intrigues me. On one hand, he could seamlessly transition to broadcasting on
E(SEC)PN. On the other hand, Saban really wanted DeBoer’s OC (Grubb) last offseason. He could be a huge advantage in DeBoer’s back pocket.

Regardless, as long as DeBoer wins at a high level like the outsider Urban Meyer did at Florida, that’ll be plenty good enough to fit into the southern “culture.”

that's a fine take if you're an out of touch boomer. doesn't change the fact that Alabama had a coach from Ohio and LSU has a coach from Massachusetts

DeBoer has proven success at the P5 level, Harsin never did. stupid take
Not an out of touch angry boomer like you, just someone that's lived in the South. DeBoer is a great coach and he might do well there, but he will face a bigger learning curve (just like Saban did when he started) than other guys like Sarkisian and Norvell. Nothing stupid about that take. It's just common sense. You backed yourself into a corner with name calling and no real rebuttal because you wanted to dunk on a newbie.

Congrats on being my first ignore.

How much Saban steps out of DeBoer’s way (or not) intrigues me. On one hand, he could seamlessly transition to broadcasting on
E(SEC)PN. On the other hand, Saban really wanted DeBoer’s OC (Grubb) last offseason. He could be a huge advantage in DeBoer’s back pocket.

Regardless, as long as DeBoer wins at a high level like the outsider Urban Meyer did at Florida, that’ll be plenty good enough to fit into the southern “culture.”
Every indication is that DeBoer’s players love him. He’s coming in with credibility given their playoff appearance. He also doesn’t have the baggage Harsin did. DeBoer is a grounded midwestern guy. He’ll do fine if he wins enough to keep the boosters off his back. Public support from Nick can help DeBoer a lot.

Nice to meet you too. I disagree Harsin was a Boise native and spent most of his time coaching in the Pacific Northwest. Several players spoke out against him at Auburn. He didn't even make it two years there. DeBoer has more cred, but it takes some work to develop connections with local high school coaches, players, and media in the south. Why do you think so many big SEC schools hire guys from the South?

Anybody that's moved from the North to the South can tell you. You don't get the same trust and grace as Southern boys. What's the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee? A Yankee comes to visit. A damn Yankee moves down there.

If he wins they will build him a statue and he will be universally loved. If he fails they will send him packing one day. They couldn't care less where he grew up.....

Alabama needs 24 hours to replace a legendary coach

Iowa needs 24 weeks and still waiting to replace the worst OC in college football
I'm sure those idiots are probably thinking they're gonna get Ryan Grubb because he's an "Iowa" guy. If they only knew someone like that wouldn't throw away their career to just do it KKKirks way.

Reactions: Champ_Kind_whammy
If he wins they will build him a statue and he will be universally loved. If he fails they will send him packing one day. They couldn't care less where he grew up.....
That's true. Guys like Harsin and Petrino are the cautionary tales though. Outsiders get a shorter grace period to start winning. DeBoer needs to keep his nose clean and use the Rhule playbook to hit the ground running. Go around the state. Meet lots of people. Show that you want to be there.

Rhule I think was his choice from the start but it probably took some convincing time to get Rhule here. But if Rhule had said yes after the first or second offer I think we would have had our head coach quickly too.
I have no opinion, but I heard a lot of speculation Trev had someone else in mind (Leipold?) but Ted Carter was high on Rhule from when Temple played Navy and forced Trev's hand.

That's true. Guys like Harsin and Petrino are the cautionary tales though. Outsiders get a shorter grace period to start winning. DeBoer needs to keep his nose clean and use the Rhule playbook to hit the ground running. Go around the state. Meet lots of people. Show that you want to be there.

I can tell you for a fact that many Bama fans are fired up right now about him....

Not an out of touch angry boomer like you, just someone that's lived in the South. DeBoer is a great coach and he might do well there, but he will face a bigger learning curve (just like Saban did when he started) than other guys like Sarkisian and Norvell. Nothing stupid about that take. It's just common sense. You backed yourself into a corner with name calling and no real rebuttal because you wanted to dunk on a newbie.

Congrats on being my first ignore.
I wear being a Boomer on my sleeve like a badge of honor. Because I have lived longer than I should have after doing so much crazy shit, and I devoured all the resources and advantages that came my way like a locust to set myself up for a nice life.

I have no opinion, but I heard a lot of speculation Trev had someone else in mind (Leipold?) but Ted Carter was high on Rhule from when Temple played Navy and forced Trev's hand.
There was one nimrod on here that tried to advance that theory. I’ve heard nothing to support that from a few boosters of substance that I know. It was Rhule or Fickell.

I wear being a Boomer on my sleeve like a badge of honor. Because I have lived longer than I should have after doing so much crazy shit, and I devoured all the resources and advantages that came my way like a locust to set myself up for a nice life.
Ain't that the fvckin truth.....everyone who didn't ride in the back of Dad's pickup truck is a candy ass.

Good luck to him!

Coaches are a different breed. In no way would I want to immediately follow a legend like Saban.
I would. I'll do it for half what Deboer is doing it for. They can fire me and I'll even leave out whatever door they want quiet as a mouse.

Reactions: V-Doub
I wear being a Boomer on my sleeve like a badge of honor. Because I have lived longer than I should have after doing so much crazy shit, and I devoured all the resources and advantages that came my way like a locust to set myself up for a nice lifeh

I flipped a buddy out of the back of our pickup while he was trying to rope a horse from the bed. 🤣. Lucky I didn’t kill him.
You lived to tell ...well done my friend.

Unfortunately, Saban will cast a big dark shadow over the program like Osborne. Saban already said he will be around and happy to help. DeBoer has a tough act to follow. A standard that will likely never be met. Bad for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT